It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Dear Scotland,

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:
+7 more 
posted on Mar, 31 2017 @ 10:31 PM
link   
We have indeed history spanning the ages..

We have fought each other many times, but then we came to fight by each others side.. More times!

Nicola Sturgeon, a one track pony and current First minister of Scotland is NOT a democrat.. All she wants is to break up our union even to the cost of her own constituency of which all public services are failing etc..

She does not care even for the fellow Scotts who voted her in power..

She wants independence yet but wants you to continue to be slaves of an unelected EU..

I as an Englishman love my Scottish brothers, and don't want them to be chewed up by a foreign Brussels who don't want them but will use them and your first minister will allow that just to get her name in the paper and place in history..

And she will

As a failure..

You are not separate from us, we are family..

I as a soldier myself have fought side by side with my Scottish brothers.. So has my dad.. And his dad.. And helped rescue the world from tyranny many times..

We will always be stronger together..

Do not let some self serving harlot who cannot even answer a simple question divide us

With love always

An English soldier and British xx
edit on 31-3-2017 by EvanB because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 31 2017 @ 11:36 PM
link   
a reply to: EvanB

Nicola Sturgeon, a one track pony and current First minister of Scotland is NOT a democrat.. All she wants is to break up our union even to the cost of her own constituency of which all public services are failing etc..

Ultimately it will be up to the Scottish people to decide. Nicola Sturgeon or not, it's a fact the majority of Scots voted to stay in the EU and opposed Brexit. Most prefer to stay. There's a possibility they'll vote to remain in the EU but they should be able to make that decision.

She does not care even for the fellow Scotts who voted her in power..

Well she was voted by Scots no? So they decide in the end. Sturgeon or not, there would have inevitably been a second referendum. This isn't all on Sturgeon. It's a fact, once again, that the majority of Scots opposed Brexit and wish to remain.

posted on Apr, 1 2017 @ 12:08 AM
link   
a reply to: Southern Guardian

Her OWN constituency which voted her in Parliament hate her.. She has let EVERY public service she is responsible for go into stagnation whilst she pursues her delusional place in history..

Fact is is Scotland voted to stay in the union..

And she would rather see every Scottish family under the cosh of a foriengn EU tyrannical state to further her OWN xenophobic aims and forget the Democratic will of the Scottish people who was fooled to vote for these fools
edit on 1-4-2017 by EvanB because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 1 2017 @ 12:16 AM
link   

Some of my ancestry is Scottish,for Scotland to break away would be a major disaster not because we need them financially or some other self serving interest but because as you have said they are family,we are one.

posted on Apr, 1 2017 @ 01:18 AM
link   

During the Scottish referendum our English brothers quickly turned on us. Fair weather friends and all that. The attitude of the EU towards Brexit is exactly the same attitude we scots faced from our English neighbours.

edit on 1-4-2017 by midicon because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 1 2017 @ 01:41 AM
link   

originally posted by: EvanB
a reply to: Southern Guardian

Her OWN constituency which voted her in Parliament hate her.. She has let EVERY public service she is responsible for go into stagnation whilst she pursues her delusional place in history..

Fact is is Scotland voted to stay in the union..

And she would rather see every Scottish family under the cosh of a foriengn EU tyrannical state to further her OWN xenophobic aims and forget the Democratic will of the Scottish people who was fooled to vote for these fools

She got 61% of the vote in her constituency at the last election. How exactly do they hate her?

posted on Apr, 1 2017 @ 02:55 AM
link   

Couldn't have put it better my self.

I'm a fellow Englishman and a proud one at that I'm also a proud Brit, i always thought of the UK as a sort of dysfunctional family yes we fight and kick and spit and scream at each other like some families do but if you attack one of us you attack us all and boy is sh*t gona hit the fan if you do

It is up to the Scottish people to decide, i just hope they decide to keep the UK together and not lump in with the far worse option of the EU in my opinion of course.
edit on 1-4-2017 by nickovthenorth because: (no reason given)

edit on 1-4-2017 by nickovthenorth because: spelling

posted on Apr, 1 2017 @ 02:55 AM
link   
All uk members should get a vote on weather Scotland stays or not

posted on Apr, 1 2017 @ 02:56 AM
link   
a reply to: midicon

That would be a very small and vocal bunch of Ned's with no sense..

The vast majority of English love the Scotts..

But we had our fair share of names called too, so some took offence and slung a few back..

Playground stuff.. But underneath couldn't imagine a world where we wasn't united..

posted on Apr, 1 2017 @ 02:59 AM
link   
a reply to: ScepticScot

She is not that popular now! Lol

posted on Apr, 1 2017 @ 02:59 AM
link   

a reply to: midicon

That would be a very small and vocal bunch of Ned's with no sense..

The vast majority of English love the Scotts..

But we had our fair share of names called too, so some took offence and slung a few back..

Playground stuff.. But underneath couldn't imagine a world where we wasn't united..

Any Scots on the board please listen to this its the truth as a fellow Brit i 110% back this sentiment

posted on Apr, 1 2017 @ 03:00 AM
link   
Scottish people should stop looking at the EU referendum as a scottish vote, it wasn't - the UK voted as a single entity...this was decided before the EU referendum when 55% of Scots voted to remain part of the union.

EU ref wasn't a Scottish vote.

It really pisses me off, that we have an ignorant and selfish 45% who believe they have more rights than the majority.

They pretend they're patriotic, yet they'd happily see the wishes of the majority be trodden on and ignored.

Westminster SHOULD block another indy ref, they'd be acting on behalf of the eloctorate if they did.

What kind of patriot doesn't respect the rights and wishes of 55% of the nation they pretend they care so much about?

posted on Apr, 1 2017 @ 03:05 AM
link   

a reply to: ScepticScot

She is not that popular now! Lol

Her popularity has plummeted since last year?

Any evidence for that?

posted on Apr, 1 2017 @ 03:07 AM
link   

originally posted by: Denoli
All uk members should get a vote on weather Scotland stays or not

Should the rest of the EU have got a vote on the UK leaving?

posted on Apr, 1 2017 @ 03:10 AM
link   

originally posted by: midicon

During the Scottish referendum our English brothers quickly turned on us. Fair weather friends and all that. The attitude of the EU towards Brexit is exactly the same attitude we scots faced from our English neighbours.

That's not true.

I have family in England, many of them Scots, some of them not.

They were just as happy as I was that the feverish nationalists lost. I've been to England twice since then and encountered no animosity whatsoever, in fact the people there were just as welcoming as they always were.

A few clowns bumped their gums online, that's true of pretty much everything nowadays, you act like the whole of England collectively told us to f*** off when in actual fact, a few gobsh***s mouthed off on forums and social media...same as with the EU ref.

Means nothing, it's not new, there's always that element willing to play devils advocate, I wouldn't read too much into it, unles you want to of course but that's more about you than anyone else.

posted on Apr, 1 2017 @ 03:11 AM
link   

originally posted by: HeathenJessie
Scottish people should stop looking at the EU referendum as a scottish vote, it wasn't - the UK voted as a single entity...this was decided before the EU referendum when 55% of Scots voted to remain part of the union.

It really pisses me off, that we have an ignorant and selfish 45% who believe they have more rights than the majority.

They pretend they're patriotic, yet they'd happily see the wishes of the majority be trodden on and ignored.

Westminster SHOULD block another indy ref, they'd be acting on behalf of the eloctorate if they did.

What kind of patriot doesn't respect the rights and wishes of 55% of the nation they pretend they care so much about?

Aren't people allowed to change their minds?

Why do we bother keep having elections? Should still have the Whig party in charge.

posted on Apr, 1 2017 @ 03:14 AM
link   

originally posted by: ScepticScot

Why do we bother keep having elections? Should still have the Whig party in charge.

Who said people have changed their minds?

By that standard we should have a referendum every couple of years forever.

Tell me, if the nationalists finally get their way and win...will the unionists be able to call for an equal number of referendums to reform the union?

How many should we have before we decide enough is enough?

By these standars, if Scots get another referendum and win..that's two chances they were given...so we can then have two more referendums in favour of unionisation...fair's fair, right?

Who has changed their mind? I haven't...

posted on Apr, 1 2017 @ 03:17 AM
link   

Tell me, if the nationalists finally get their way and win...will the unionists be able to call for an equal number of referendums to reform the union?

By these standars, if Scots get another referendum and win..that's two chances they were given...so we can then have two more referendums in favour of unionisation...fair's fair, right?

Don't you think leaving the EU counts a major change of circumstances?

posted on Apr, 1 2017 @ 03:21 AM
link   
Also, it's pretty dim of you to equate a referendum with a general election.

We have elections every so often because society changes as do policies. We have elections so that people can effect change within the system. Because sometimes, or a lot of the time, the elected leaders don't fulfil their promises.

We ha ve elections so that the power, in part, lies with the people, and we have some control over who controls our nation...what do you suggest, that we have one single election, and then whoever is in power appoints a successor?

The idea of a referendum is to ask a question where there are two potential answers, it's a yes or no.. it's not the same as an election,we can only leave the union once.

So we should only have to vote to remain once, it isn't the same. I find it telling that you seem not to understand the difference between the two...although I'm sure you do, just the usual mental gymnastics employed by those who ain't getting their way.

It's called democracy, 45% of Scots apparently don't like it....apparently they want some dictatorship where the government ignores and over-rules the majority. Also, they apparently want to have one single election whereby we elect a party and leave them to it...let them appoint their own successor, that's a great idea.

I think you should run for PM!

LOL

posted on Apr, 1 2017 @ 03:21 AM
link   

Don't you think leaving the EU counts a major change of circumstances?

For who?

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join