It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Lindsey Graham can't get over Trump's statement removing Assad is no longer a priority

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Mar, 31 2017 @ 05:27 PM
link   
So he is deeply sad about Trump's statement the US is no longer focused on removing Assad. Gee. Maybe he took money from Saudi Arabia. Saudi Arabia is afraid of Arabic republics becoming successful therefore Saudi Arabians demanding a republic to replace absolute monarchy. So Saudi Arabia paid mercenaries to start trouble in Egypt, Libya, Algeria, Lebanon, Iraq, Syria, Yemen. I'd like to see Lindsey Graham's tax returns. He is not the president. The US is not having a war with Russia. End of.

link
edit on 31-3-2017 by allsee4eye because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 31 2017 @ 05:32 PM
link   
a reply to: allsee4eye

Um General Wesley Clark said publicly....that WE planned on toppling those very countries (not part of the world banking system) in so many years....

Odd collusion between the US and the Sauds Id say.

Has nothing to do with Trump....Clinton Obama and Bush...sure

posted on Mar, 31 2017 @ 05:35 PM
link   
I am glad we backed off that stance... Assad is by no means a choir boy... but he is a bloody sight better than what would have replaced him since outside of the kurds the only rebels left are jihadist.

link   

might as well just slap a sticker on Syria that reads russian proxy and chalk another point for Putin. Ukraine, now Syria, and soon he wont have to worry about nato with trump in charge. if anything giving russia any ground to move on will only add to the US - russian tensions, and if you think Russians aren't out to get us, you are completely naive.

link   
No everyone works for Israel.

posted on Mar, 31 2017 @ 05:49 PM
link   

I'm waiting for the Dogs of War to turn around and bite Saudi Arabia hard. They built and armed these "rebels" so it would be appropriate if the House of Saud fell.

posted on Mar, 31 2017 @ 06:04 PM
link   
a reply to: dfnj2015

Israel doesn't care about Assad. Israel is a republic. Syria is a republic. Saudi Arabia is an absolute monarchy. Arabic republics are a threat to Saudi Arabia because it's only a matter of time until Saudi Arabia becomes a republic or a constitutional monarchy.

posted on Mar, 31 2017 @ 06:09 PM
link   

originally posted by: vjr1113

might as well just slap a sticker on Syria that reads russian proxy and chalk another point for Putin. Ukraine, now Syria, and soon he wont have to worry about nato with trump in charge. if anything giving russia any ground to move on will only add to the US - russian tensions, and if you think Russians aren't out to get us, you are completely naive.

Because, in your uninformed, naive view, continuing Hillary's policy of supplying weapons to Al-Nusra is a good idea ?

Al Nusra is Al Qaeda.

truepundit.com...

posted on Mar, 31 2017 @ 06:11 PM
link   
Lindsay Graham is the poster child for what's wrong with our pols.I am glad for Trumps position.Let the Syrian people take care of Assad if they want to.As for Russia,I am not worried,let them get back in the M.E..I am old enough to remember their quagmire in Afghanistan.

posted on Mar, 31 2017 @ 06:22 PM
link   
a reply to: buckwhizzle

Syria has been a Russia ally since the 1970s. Russia never left the ME.

posted on Mar, 31 2017 @ 06:25 PM
link   

MoA has a piece up on this very subject but .

But the Trump administration statements are not new at all. The "announced" positions were established under Obama: President Barack Obama spent a significant portion of his final State of the Union speech discussing the fight against the terrorist group ISIS. ...
Obama said that fighting ISIS (also known as the Islamic State, ISIL, or Daesh) and other terrorists is the top priority of his administration. Also in January 2016 then Secretary of State Kerry used a similar wording as Tillerson used now: "It's up to the Syrians to decide what happens to Assad," Kerry said. "They are the negotiators and they will decide the future.""It's up to the Syrians to decide what happens to Assad," Kerry said. "They are the negotiators and they will decide the future." There is no change of policy. The top priority has been and will be for a while the fight against ISIS.

The U.S. will use this to occupy the eastern parts of Syria. When ISIS is suppressed enough to no longer be an immediate issue the removal of Assad will again become a top priority. That Assad's position will be "decided by the Syrian people" is just obfuscating as long as it is not said WHICH Syrian people are HOW to decide over it.
Syria - Trump Administration To Continue Obama Policy www.moonofalabama.org...

posted on Mar, 31 2017 @ 06:25 PM
link   

So he is deeply sad about Trump's statement the US is no longer focused on removing Assad

It should have never been this nation's focus.

posted on Mar, 31 2017 @ 06:46 PM
link   
Trump is a wise man. Does America really need to go to war with Russian / Iran? I think there are better things to be worried about right now. Assad is no longer a problem - even if the war stopped today and he remained in power, it's going to take many long years to rebuild Syria.

posted on Mar, 31 2017 @ 06:54 PM
link   
Assad never was the problem except for his stance on the gas pipeline. Him and his wife are rather nice people actually

posted on Mar, 31 2017 @ 06:58 PM
link   
Leave dictators in place unless they are our own domestic dictators... shoulda never gotten rid of Saddam or Ghaddafi. Ghaddafi in particular. If the peoples of those places wish to change government... let them decide themselves and do it themselves. Aid can be given after they have already made all of the moves necessary. Let them shed their own blood for the things they want.

posted on Mar, 31 2017 @ 07:00 PM
link   
a reply to: Advantage

Quite....nobody's business but the peoples' I find it shocking that some think its fine to just remove leaders they don't like but what I find particularly odd about the last few years of dictator removal is that most of the were quite westernised and actually had amazing countries especially Libya. Ghadaffi kept Isis at bay and it sure as hell wasn't his own people that removed him.

new topics

top topics

join