It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Trump vindicated as judge approves 25 million Trump university settlement

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 31 2017 @ 05:23 PM
link   
a reply to: allsee4eye

Vindicated my ass!

Even if you're willing to believe that no admission of guilt equals innocence or "vindication," which it doesn't, what about the fact that 1 million dollars of that settlement was a "penalty" paid to the state of New York for violating their education statutes?

The fact that any portion of that settlement was used to settle penalties imposed for breaking laws kinda reeks of guilt, whether Trump admits it or not.

But then, if Trump has shown us anything during his first 100 days, it's the fact that he refuses to accept responsibility for any of his failures.

He not too big to fail, he's just too rich to jail.

posted on Mar, 31 2017 @ 05:24 PM
link   

originally posted by: Shamrock6
a reply to: ParasuvO

Trump had to settle?

Uh...no, he didn't. And neither did they. That's why they agreed to settle, rather than going to trial. Nobody held a gun to their collective heads and forced them to agree to a settlement and there's no legal precedent that requires them to agree to a settlement.

In other words, they made a deal, yes?

Lessons learned!!

Everyone gets an A.

edit on 3 31 2017 by burgerbuddy because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 31 2017 @ 05:26 PM
link   

originally posted by: burgerbuddy

a reply to: ParasuvO

Trump had to settle?

Uh...no, he didn't. And neither did they. That's why they agreed to settle, rather than going to trial. Nobody held a gun to their collective heads and forced them to agree to a settlement and there's no legal precedent that requires them to agree to a settlement.

In other words, they made a deal, yes?

Lessons learned!!

Everyone gets an A.

I wonder which chapter this type of thing is discussed in The Art of the Deal?

posted on Mar, 31 2017 @ 05:28 PM
link   

originally posted by: allsee4eye
a reply to: enlightenedservant

The case is over. Trump has no case to worry about. That in my books is vindicated.

Between this statement and your idea of what treason is, I'm starting to suspect you either a) don't know the meaning of words you're using or b) just redefine words as you go or c) both.

posted on Mar, 31 2017 @ 05:33 PM
link   

The case is over. Trump has no case to worry about. That in my books is vindicated.

Between this statement and your idea of what treason is, I'm starting to suspect you either a) don't know the meaning of words you're using or b) just redefine words as you go or c) both.

I vote "Both,"

posted on Mar, 31 2017 @ 05:34 PM
link   
Trump Wins Again!

posted on Mar, 31 2017 @ 05:37 PM
link   
a reply to: Shamrock6

The Trumpanzees are in denial. To avoid accepting reality they must change reality to fit their lie. There will be much more of it in the future.

posted on Mar, 31 2017 @ 05:40 PM
link   
How does paying off people who sued you become vindication? How does blaming the victims of a scammer, somehow make the scammer innocent?

Does paying people off just mean that the person does not want the full story of what happened to come out?

posted on Mar, 31 2017 @ 05:46 PM
link   
LOL, "vindicated".

Look, i find it hard to feel bad about fools parting with their money. Trump should have never let his brand be degraded like this. I can't believe he didn't know what the business plan was. So he essentially agreed to rip off idiots. Like i said....i don't pity them. I just think it makes Trump look like someone I don't want to be when I think about it.

I keep saying.....the election was the Snake vs the Snake Oil Salesman. Are we really surprised?

posted on Mar, 31 2017 @ 05:47 PM
link   

Bruh, that's not what it means. Accepting a weaker punishment instead of receiving a stronger punishment isn't "vindication". Having to receive no punishment while receiving apologies for the accusations would be "vindication".

posted on Mar, 31 2017 @ 05:52 PM
link   

They could have stuck him harder, too. he only settled to put it away. You can be convicted of shenanigans while being the president. 25mil isn't much discount, either. If he would pay that, he'd pay 35 and be happy to save 5 while putting it away.

posted on Mar, 31 2017 @ 06:06 PM
link   

originally posted by: mOjOm
a reply to: Shamrock6

The Trumpanzees are in denial. To avoid accepting reality they must change reality to fit their lie. There will be much more of it in the future.

I'm not looking forward to it either. Especially here on ATS. What Becomes of the Broken Hearted?
Shattered Dreams. The Walking Wounding. I promise not to gloat. Mebbe.

But, The only thing this "settlement" proves is that Trump was able to buy himself out of yet another lawsuit.
I noticed one customer though, an attornery, won't take the settlement. She wants to take him to court and get an apology.
I would love to see an admission of fraud from him, but if I were her, I don't think I'd get my hopes up. Maybe he'll send Barron.

I watched an episode of "The Apprentice" recently, a re-run, and they were at the table and someone was about to get the ax. He asked one guy if he should be fired, and he said no, that he had done a better job than the other guy. Trump then asked "the other guy", if the first guy had done a better job than him, and he said "Yes".

Trump said "See, I would never admit to that". You're fired".

And so it goes.

posted on Mar, 31 2017 @ 06:07 PM
link   

originally posted by: windword

originally posted by: MotherMayEye

originally posted by: windword

a reply to: whywhynot

Those students would have never won the case against Trump in court. Trump didn't force them to go to Trump university. They did it on their own volition. Trump was being kind hearted to compensate them.

Even if that were true, which I doubt, how does that vindicate him? I think it makes him look guilty and cheap.

I cannot disagree. But, likewise, I think it also makes the Plaintiff-Class look like they had a weak case and didn't want to prosecute it. They just wanted money and felt they could strong arm Trump into settling just before Congress counted the Electoral College vote.

A civil fraud verdict is serious enough to have warranted objections to the certification of the Electoral College vote, in Congress, and probably enough to open impeachment proceedings if the verdict came after inauguration.

The Plaintiffs must not have believed Trump was fraud enough to keep from serving as POTUS. Or they were weak and had a weak case. Take your pick.

They didn't have to agree to a settlement.

This case had been in the works for years, 7 I think. They weren't politically motivated.

I was clearly referring to the settlement agreement, not the origination of the suit.

posted on Mar, 31 2017 @ 06:12 PM
link   
a reply to: bigfatfurrytexan

I agree completely.

posted on Mar, 31 2017 @ 06:18 PM
link   
About the only good thing to come out of this for Trump is that this story will be a blip on the radar screen.24 hr news is always looking for the next big story,and with President Xi coming to town this story will be over before it started.

posted on Mar, 31 2017 @ 07:18 PM
link   

originally posted by: Swills

a reply to: MyHappyDogShiner

Bill Clinton settled with Paula Jones for nearly a million even though the judge said Paula Jones' claim was baseless.

Trump supporting 101:

a) Always deflect to Clinton when defending Trump.

When attacking Trump always deflect and make something up about misogynistic, facist, anti gay, Russian operative, bad bussinesman.

Trump settled and your mad cause you cant attack himom this also. None of your attacks are true and valid.

posted on Apr, 1 2017 @ 05:23 AM
link   

Trump vindicated as judge approves 25 million Trump university settlement

How can you possibly find that a judge ruling against Trump and his 'university', and awarded damages, 'vindicates Trump, in any way at all?
That seems the ultimate yoga stretch, something a 'believer' needs to do...

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2   >>

join