It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Did Eve have sex with Lucifer in the Garden of Eden?

page: 9
<< 6  7  8    10  11  12 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 2 2017 @ 05:10 PM
link   
a reply to: Joecroft

Do you believe that Genesis 3:14 is referring to a literal Serpent/Snake...?

The serpent is the tree of knowledge of good and evil which was placed in the garden.

The serpent is Lord God.

Remember that Adam gave all the beasts Lord God created names except one. And that was the serpent. Why didnt Adam give the serpent a name?
Probably because Adam knew who the serpent was already.

Lord God also walked in the Garden Of Eden.

edit on 27.06.08 by spy66 because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 2 2017 @ 05:14 PM
link   
a reply to: PolyCottonBlend

Originally posted by PolyCottonBlend
if the focus of the matter is the snake, then I would hope the *author would be more accurate with the matter of diet in the metaphor.

I don’t think the author was trying to get technical, or talking about the snakes literal diet, for the rest of it’s days lol

if it's the condition of a snake eating dust, neither subject is presented [in a relative situation] with enough supporting background relevant to the total metaphor. it falls flat.

The metaphor is deep…you never heard the line “from dust you came, and to dust you shall return”…

You might have heard it from the “Book of Eli” movie…

/opens a paper bag and throws out some quotation marks and italics...Poof!

eta: *the original scriptural author...not the author of any recent comment.

You’re fairly new around here…so I’m gona cut you some slack…

- JC

posted on Apr, 2 2017 @ 05:27 PM
link   
a reply to: spy66

Originally posted by spy66
The serpent is the tree of knowledge of good and evil which was placed in the garden.

Huh… A talking tree now lol

The serpent is Lord God.

No Dude…don’t do it…

They’ll tare you apart on these boards lol

Remember that Adam gave all the beasts Lord God created names except one. And that was the serpent. Why didnt Adam give the serpent a name?

Because God already named it a serpent…Am I close…?

Lord God also walked in the Garden Of Eden

Oh man…Not a walking, talking, Tree Now lol

Interesting theory…but I gota run…

- JC

posted on Apr, 2 2017 @ 05:48 PM
link   

originally posted by: Joecroft
But if it's closer to the first option then should expand on your answer…for obvious reasons…

I have this old-fashioned habit of meaning what I say;
www.abovetopsecret.com...&mem=DISRAELI

Apparently that kind of link doesn't work. You'll just have to manage it for yourself.
Click on "posts in thread" underneath my mini-profile.
If you are so fond of going round and round in circles, you can do it on your own.

edit on 2-4-2017 by DISRAELI because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 2 2017 @ 06:01 PM
link   

originally posted by: whywhynot
"Did Eve have sex with Lucifer in the Garden of Eden?".

Did Han Solo have sex with Princess Leia?

a reply to: DeathSlayer

Did ______ have sex with ______??? Ask the damn CIA. They know all.

posted on Apr, 2 2017 @ 06:18 PM
link   
a reply to: Joecroft

i think i meant something else, but that all came out instead.
but it's close...ish to my train of thought.
dad's a preacher, so I've grown up analyzing scripture. the older I've gotten, the more I have a hard time NOT playing devil's advocate to see if I can stump the pastor.
but only to get people to think. not to change anyone's mind.

thanks for the slack. I'll use it to build a better raft next time.

posted on Apr, 2 2017 @ 07:32 PM
link   

I interpret dust from ground as iron rich blood.

You're touching on being "taken..."

I don't know, maybe Adam was taken from God, but God was certain enough to predict Adam would return to God.

I'm still thinking Eden is God's heaven on earth.

posted on Apr, 2 2017 @ 08:34 PM
link   
a reply to: DeathSlayer

OP, you don't seem to grasp the difference between the Old Testament and the New Testament. "He" obviously isn't referring to Jesus, seeing as he Jesus isn't even in the freaking Old Testament. Do some research....

posted on Apr, 2 2017 @ 09:00 PM
link   
Eve just could not resist ole Lucifers charm and good looks.

Adam just seemed like a a knuckle dragging simpleton by comparison.

posted on Apr, 2 2017 @ 10:29 PM
link   

Maybe food for thought to consider Adam but not Eve got driven from Eden.

But then you also have to address these points ya?

Wasn't Adam to rule over Eve, per Genesis chapter 3, as a condition for coming to know good and evil? This doesn't make it seem like they got divorced/separated, does it?

Even if Genesis chapter 4 raises skepticism that Adam really fathered Cain and Abel, Genesis chapter 5 seems more explicit that Adam begat Seth. So who gave birth to Seth, Eve or a different wife?
edit on 2-4-2017 by InachMarbank because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 2 2017 @ 10:56 PM
link   

Actually, it comes across to me as woman is an inside out clone of man.

posted on Apr, 2 2017 @ 11:02 PM
link   
a reply to: InachMarbank

Wasn't Adam to rule over Eve, per Genesis chapter 3, as a condition for coming to know God and evil? This doesn't make it seem like they got divorced/separated, does it?

The Bible has been written to be "patriarchal". I mean, come on....we have all MALE figures in the "godhead" (if you believe the Trinity BS). Woman was an "afterthought", basically.
The whole book demeans women, even less than the animals at points. We are considered "dirty" for just having a dang menstrual cycle".
Anyway, to keep with the "OP"....WHY would a benign "god of love" even CREATE the serpent in the first place?? Was it to set up Adam and Eve?
If they were innocent, then made a stupid mistake in trusting "said serpent" (whom GOD supposedly made, by the way)...then, what the hell? God let's loose an evil entity to deceive his crown and masterpiece kiddo's...then, when they disobey him, he basically curses them until he decides in "oh whatever" thousands of years...to make it right?

Whatever.
Sounds like BS to me. If you are a decent parent....you FIRST, wouldn't leave the gate open for evil to run rampant on your kids..
and SECOND...if your kids screwed up, you certainly wouldn't kick them out of the house for the first "offence"...esp., if they didn't know any better (until after the fact).

But hey...what do I know? Except that the "god" of the OT is a crappy example of a parent. I can do better.

posted on Apr, 2 2017 @ 11:15 PM
link   
a reply to: CulturalResilience

So because a woman was created from a man, and a man was created from the ground, you conclude man is superior to woman, is that what you're saying???

posted on Apr, 2 2017 @ 11:22 PM
link   
a reply to: Matrixsurvivor

In my opinion Eve made the correct choice to eat the food for thought, forbidden knowledge.

Hey more food for thought... Should the lesser rule the greater or should the greater rule the lesser?

If you think the lesser should rule the greater, than you might conclude Adam was lesser than Eve.

posted on Apr, 2 2017 @ 11:43 PM
link   
a reply to: kibric

I kinda think Cain brought some garlic, fruit of the ground, as an offering.
So blood versus blood thinner. Hmmm... Which one will God prefer?

posted on Apr, 3 2017 @ 01:31 AM
link   
a reply to: InachMarbank

Wasn't Adam to rule over Eve, per Genesis chapter 3, as a condition for coming to know good and evil? This doesn't make it seem like they got divorced/separated, does it?

There are two stories about how man "male and female" were formed. One told by God, and one that was told by Lord God.

If you read them both very carefully you will notice that the two stories are very very different.

This is what you will notice right away:

- God created the heaven and the Earth.

- Lord God formed man from the dust on the ground.

Lord Gods story starts after God has created the heaven and the Earth, And man as male and female.

When Lord God comes into the story the first thing he forms is Adam (male). Then Lord God planted a Garden eastward in Eden. Just that last sentence indicate that Eden already existed, since Lord God planted the garden to the east.

God never spoke of Eden once. therefor Eden can not be a specific location on Earth. Because God never created Eden. So there is no way we would know where Lord God formed his garden to the east in Eden. But we do know that Eden is called Eden Cherubims. We know that Eden is given a specific name, but not a specific location.

Then Lord God put Adam there. And Adam (male) was all alone in eden With Lord God. There were no living beasts in the garden when Adam was put there by Lord God. But on Earth there were living Creatures/beasts and man (male and female). All the living things were created before God created man (male and female) in his image.

posted on Apr, 3 2017 @ 01:37 AM
link   

originally posted by: InachMarbank

Actually, it comes across to me as woman is an inside out clone of man.

No, Man was created as male and female initially by God. This means that male and female were created at the same time.

Lord God formed only Adam first.

posted on Apr, 3 2017 @ 05:21 AM
link   

Ok, I think I agree with your point of 2 different creation accounts between Genesis chapters 1 and 2.

But after that point I can't follow this reasoning you expressed:

God created heaven and earth.
Lord God planted a garden east of Eden.
This indicates Eden already existed.
God never spoke of Eden. So God never created Eden.
Therefore we cannot know where Eden is.
Therefore Eden is not on earth.

It seems to me this reasoning is flawed.

You first concluded we can't know where Eden is.
You then concluded Eden is not on earth.

How can you rule out Eden is on earth if you already concluded you can't know where it is???

Anyway, in regards to the 2 different creation accounts, I think of Genesis chapter 1 as an account from God of heaven, and Genesis chapter 2 as an account from God of earth. And this is a reason I think the creation of God of earth, Eden, is on earth.

posted on Apr, 3 2017 @ 07:49 AM
link   

originally posted by: ParasuvO

originally posted by: Krazysh0t
a reply to: dollukka

And now we are back to the speculative part. So do you think those dates and ages for the OT people listed are credible or not? You haven't answered that question yet.

Do you think the ages of anything science people list are credible or not ?

Following imperfect guessing makes me sick to my stomach, as I can tell not a one of them are willing to do what it takes to ever truly find out FOR SURE.

Accurate? No. Credible? They are more credible than the bible at least.

posted on Apr, 3 2017 @ 07:50 AM
link   
Haven't seen anyone mention it, but this is what is known as the "Serpent Seed"

Also see the gnostic Gospel of Philip

top topics

<< 6  7  8    10  11  12 >>

join