It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Did Eve have sex with Lucifer in the Garden of Eden?

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 31 2017 @ 03:07 PM
link   
a reply to: DeathSlayer

to me, perfect beings just means innocence. Innocent beings.

And they were living in innocence and did not know any other way to live. It can be compared to perfect but Eve wanted to learn more...she wanted to learn suffering.

link   

We should also remember that these two beings were perfect beings.

How could they have been "perfect" if they defied God? How could they have been perfect if they could be tempted and deceived? How could they be perfect if they thought the fruit would give them something they didn't have, "knowledge"? How could they have been perfect if they were ashamed of their nakedness?

link   
a reply to: dollukka

Speculative doesn't account for the fact that Young Earth Creationism defies literally every field of science. There is no way the ages of Adam, Eve, Moses, Lucifer (lol), or any other OT figure are accurate. ESPECIALLY characters in the garden. For one, people have NEVER lived as long as the bible attributes these people to have lived. For two, we don't even know if they actually existed. And three we can't reliably date back the periods the OT talks about.

Speculative doesn't mean you discard rational logic to speculate.

posted on Mar, 31 2017 @ 03:09 PM
link   

originally posted by: DeathSlayer
a reply to: veracity
We should also remember that these two beings were perfect beings. Does a perfect being who has NEVER heard an animal speak all of a sudden not only listen to it but break her creations ONLY law but a snake told her to? is this the logic of a perfect being?

If these beings were human shaped than they were FAR from perfect. There are tons of animals that can do what we do many times better than we can.

posted on Mar, 31 2017 @ 03:10 PM
link   

originally posted by: DISRAELI
There is no suggestion in the text that the serpent's children are children by Eve. Why are you dragging sex into the question, anyway? You're not a moonie, are you? Because "Eve committed adultery with Satan" is Moonie teaching. It's on p79 of my copy of Divine Principle (don't ask me how I acquired that copy. It's a long story).

As I said, the verse I quoted is a very literal account of the relationship betwen the snake and the human species. I think we ought to take it's meaning from that.

I am no MOONIE and was not aware this was a MOONIE teaching.

I have seen sermons dating back to the 30's that speak of Eve and Satan by well known respectable preachers.

In no way am I trying to alter the meaning of any verse in the bible.....I do not think a perfect being falls from grace so easy as being convinced by a talking snake to disobey God with whom they have walked and talked with for some time..... how long? years, decades, generations before the snake showed up in the garden?

posted on Mar, 31 2017 @ 03:10 PM
link   
Genesis is as clear as mud until you realize the snake is our ego, the apple sexual energy. So yes some nautingness ensued in the Garden of Eden, but the Garden exist within us.

posted on Mar, 31 2017 @ 03:11 PM
link   
a reply to: Krazysh0t

Speculative doesn't account for the fact that Young Earth Creationism defies literally every field of science.

The Devil created evil sciences like evilution and other natural sciences to plant fake dino bones and hide evidence of the flood!

posted on Mar, 31 2017 @ 03:13 PM
link   
a reply to: windword

Oh yeah I forgot! Satan is such a busy bee. I wonder why God never steps up to counter any these tricks of Satan's? For a god that supposedly hates the guy, he sure lets him run roughshod over his favorite creations. Sounds like a conspiracy to me!

Maybe the apple was a false flag that God planted to BLAME Lucifer because God was always just a dick.
edit on 31-3-2017 by Krazysh0t because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 31 2017 @ 03:16 PM
link   

Well, they are certainly one in the same, but it helps christians to cope with their agenda to separate them, worship one and demonize the other.

link   

This may not answer your question but it might help you think better about the serpent

link   
The best solution might be to split the interpretation and treat "the serpent tempted Eve" as metaphorical, while leaving the heel and head bruising as literal.

edit on 31-3-2017 by DISRAELI because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 31 2017 @ 03:17 PM
link   
a reply to: veracity

Instill that flawed dualistic worldview when you are young. That way you can ignore all nuance while ironically yelling about Christian persecution complexes while demonizing another religion for doing stuff your own religion has a history of doing.

posted on Mar, 31 2017 @ 03:20 PM
link   

originally posted by: the2ofusr1

This may not answer your question but it might help you think better about the serpent

Thanks I will check it out.

posted on Mar, 31 2017 @ 03:21 PM
link   

I didn´t make those geni profiles i just posted links to them.. You must be aware that people claim to be their decendants and claims on the "thrones" being anointed etc.
I just find it entertaining

this is also pedigree which goes beyond first man Adam
Adam the first Man

it looks people have lot of spare time...

Pedigree of Kain
KAIN
edit on 31-3-2017 by dollukka because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 31 2017 @ 03:24 PM
link   

originally posted by: dollukka

I didn´t make those geni profiles i just posted links to them.. You must be aware that people claim to be their decendants and claims on the "thrones" being anointed etc.
I just find it entertaining

I didn't say you made them, I asked if you believed them. People can claim to be things all day. That doesn't make it true.

this is also pedigree which goes beyond first man Adam
Adam the first Man

it looks people have lot of spare time...

I can promise you that there was no such person as "adam". Except for maybe this guy (notice he is a BIT older than 6000 years old?), but he wasn't the first human either. Just the oldest we can date genetics through fathers.
edit on 31-3-2017 by Krazysh0t because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 31 2017 @ 03:25 PM
link   
There is no apple in the story and the serpent is the creator god Enki.
But this does not mean Eve did not have sex with one of the Elohim.
We can almost bet Liltih did.

posted on Mar, 31 2017 @ 03:25 PM
link   

originally posted by: DISRAELI
The best solution might be to split the interpretation and treat "the serpent tempted Eve" as metaphorical, while leaving the heel and head bruising as literal.

It is my opinion the VERY reason for so many various Christian faiths and sects come directly from one main problem .... interpretations of what metaphorical and literal meanings are within the bible.

posted on Mar, 31 2017 @ 03:28 PM
link   
It has to be done, though, because absolute literal interpretation doesn't guarantee a true understanding of what God is saying. "I send you out as harvesters into the field".

posted on Mar, 31 2017 @ 03:29 PM
link   

And this whole thread is speculative.. so lets keep it that way, right?

So i posted some speculative ideas.. my bad ( banging head on the wall.. hands tied behind back )

posted on Mar, 31 2017 @ 03:30 PM
link   
a reply to: dollukka

And now we are back to the speculative part. So do you think those dates and ages for the OT people listed are credible or not? You haven't answered that question yet.

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join