It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Did Eve have sex with Lucifer in the Garden of Eden?

page: 13
<< 10  11  12    14  15  16 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 4 2017 @ 10:23 PM
link   
a reply to: spy66

I think you are using void as in empty space, but I believe it is intended to be interpreted as barren.

And all things that exist have already existed before they came to life, in the literal sense. Planets, stars, people, trees, like you exist in your mothers ovaries prior to growning into an embryo and later as a infant, but even as as infant you haven't taken your final form and will still continue to grow into what you have become today, you existed without form, and while your mind was present it was void of all the adult thoughts you have on a daily basis.

posted on Apr, 5 2017 @ 12:44 PM
link   
a reply to: DISRAELI

Originally posted by DISRAELI

I take "you will do this" as addressed to the literal physical species of snakes.

But surely you mean a snakes literal behaviours are being used within the story (which is in alignment with the post you keep repeating))…whereby the snake or snakes are still just really a metaphor…?

And Not that literal snakes are being addressed…as in the snakes are real within the story…?

You do understand the difference right…?

- JC

posted on Apr, 5 2017 @ 01:14 PM
link   
a reply to: Joecroft
I refer you to my previous response.
I told you that I had nothing else to give you.

posted on Apr, 5 2017 @ 01:36 PM
link   
a reply to: DISRAELI

Originally posted by DISRAELI
That is probably closer to your first option than your second.

If your position is closer to option 1, then that means it’s not quite option 1, and you’ve made no indication that it’s anywhere near option 2…so I don’t know where you stand…

I’ll try a different question because I’m just trying get some clarity as to how you see things here…

Do you see the snake as metaphorical throughout the entire passage related to the Adam and Eve story…?

Oh and the literal behaviours of snakes being used, doesn’t count, because they are just literal descriptive attributes of a snake (e.g. snakes bite etc) which could be applied within any narrative, irrespective or whether the snake is literally real or not…

Btw – If your answer is yes…then that wasn’t clear from your earlier responses, because it looked as though you only saw Eve being tempted from the snake, as being that which was metaphorical…

Also, you could have cleared up any confusion much earlier, by just stating that you see the snake as metaphorical throughout the entire passage…

- JC

posted on Apr, 5 2017 @ 02:39 PM
link   

Yes, it is interesting. Papers 73 through 78 discuss, in great detail, the lives of Adam and Eve and their children.

www.urantia.org...

posted on Apr, 5 2017 @ 03:01 PM
link   

Is it so much a stretch of the imagination to think God created Lord God to rule the earth, be co-creator with God?

posted on Apr, 5 2017 @ 03:46 PM
link   

I was trying to resist the urge to speculate where Eden is on earth... but I caved... key words in ALL CAPS below

1)
There's a book called "Live By The SWORD:"
It is a theory that Fidel CASTRO was behind the assassination of JFK.

2)
Simon Bolivar, on June 15th, 1813 dictated his “Decree of War to the Death,” and the rest is history. He would go on to lead Colombia, Venezuela, Ecuador, and Bolivia to independence from Spain.
The SWORD of Simon Bolivar has long been sought after and passed through many hands.
It was rumored to have passed to Fidel CASTRO at one point.

3)
The CASTRO district in San Francisco is... uh... sorry if politically incorrect: FLAMING.

4)
Just to the east of San Francisco is a town/city called CASTRO Valley.
In CASTRO Valley there is a long street called Seven Hills Road.
Perhaps the most noticeable landmark in CASTRO Valley are these 3 gigantic crosses:

5)
Maybe the next most noticeable landmark in CASTRO Valley is its hospital:
EDEN Medical Center

edit on 5-4-2017 by InachMarbank because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 6 2017 @ 08:14 PM
link   
a reply to: DeathSlayer

Hi Deathslayer

Recently it came to light that they have found a fossil of a snake with legs!

“Looks like a snake to me,” says Jacques Gauthier of the Peabody Museum of Natural History at Yale University. “The long body and reduced limbs, along with the bony supports in the pelvis for lymph hearts to pump blood back to the heart, are consistent with being a snake,” he says.

The fossil had resided in a private collection for several decades before it gained the attention of team member David Martill of the University of Portsmouth. He stumbled across the specimen during a field trip with students to Museum Solnhofen in Germany. No notes about when or where it was collected are available, the researchers say. But certain characteristics of the limestone that entombed the fossil, as well as the distinct orange-brown color of the bones themselves, strongly suggest it came from a particular area of northeastern Brazil, Longrich says.

Read full article shoebat.com... ad-legs/

posted on Apr, 19 2017 @ 12:48 PM
link   

Technically in this time line the flood hadn't happened yet..... so that might of been the case.

But I was just making the point that you stated it couldn't be a specific location, and there is a specific location given,

Or maybe,

The garden is in the east side of Eden, nod the land of Cain is east of the garden.

The cherubim guard the east of Eden (because you can't enter from the west)

The entrance to the tabernacle is east.

The sun rises In the east.

Maybe Eden is the presence of God, the garden was mans meeting place with god, and the further east you move the further from God you get(symbolically)

posted on Apr, 19 2017 @ 01:00 PM
link   
a reply to: DeathSlayer

which woman?

posted on Apr, 19 2017 @ 11:53 PM
link   

originally posted by: fatkid

I think you are using void as in empty space, but I believe it is intended to be interpreted as barren.

And all things that exist have already existed before they came to life, in the literal sense. Planets, stars, people, trees, like you exist in your mothers ovaries prior to growning into an embryo and later as a infant, but even as as infant you haven't taken your final form and will still continue to grow into what you have become today, you existed without form, and while your mind was present it was void of all the adult thoughts you have on a daily basis.

Well it is stated in genesis Chapter 1. That God is creating heaven and Earth. And in that order.

On the second day God formed the firmament (heaven).

In verse 7; God made the firmament.

God made the firmament, and divided the waters which were under the firmament from the waters which were above the firmament: and it was so.

Verse 8. And God called the firmament for heaven.

8. And God called the firmament Heaven. And the evening and the morning were the second day.

These two verses are not related to Earth because Earth is still without form and void. God is creating heaven. It is stated so in text.

The firmament can not be Earth if it is stated to be heaven in verse 8.

posted on Apr, 20 2017 @ 12:04 AM
link   

originally posted by: InachMarbank

Is it so much a stretch of the imagination to think God created Lord God to rule the earth, be co-creator with God?

Yes it is. But Lord God was cast out of heaven and Down to Earth for a reason.

There is a reason why these books are written and why Our future is set according to them.

posted on Apr, 20 2017 @ 12:14 AM
link   
a reply to: InachMarbank

I see Your point.

There is more to the whore of Babylon then just the seven hills of Rome. The whore of Babylon also sits on the seven continents.

Eden is not heaven or anything Close to it...And Thee Eden is not on earth. When you unerstand that, you will have a clearer Picture of what you observe around you.

posted on Apr, 20 2017 @ 12:34 AM
link   
a reply to: fatkid

Maybe Eden is the presence of God, the garden was mans meeting place with god, and the further east you move the further from God you get(symbolically)

If anything it would be the presence of Lord God and not God.

The garden is in the east side of Eden, nod the land of Cain is east of the garden.

It is not really mentioned where Adam was brought to after he was cast out of Eden cherubim. It is not mentioned that Adam was brought to the east of Eden.

The way i read it is that Cain is to the east of where Adam lives. Nod is to the east of where Adam lives and not east in Eden. The garden that Lord God made is to the east in Eden remember?

8. And the LORD God planted a garden eastward in Eden; and there he put the man whom he had formed.

edit on 27.06.08 by spy66 because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 20 2017 @ 12:39 AM
link   
Did it ever occur to any of you that you're reading translations of translations of something that was not only written in a different language than your native tongue but also a different culture? How much of an effect do you think that would have on your interpretation?

Hint: Interpretation and meaning is multiplied through readership (read: Derrida). Like language itself, a text's interpretation is quite fluid, changing and evolving through time. Your interpretation of any text is inevitably shaped by your environment, so it's impossible to ever nail down what we might think of as a "correct" interpretation of any text (to a degree--you can use the text as well as secondary sources to "prove" your own interpretation is supported).

In terms of texts written in one language and then translated into many others, there will always be meanings and subtleties that get lost in said translation. Read one philosophical work that has been translated from, say, German to English (I'm thinking Heidegger). You will inevitably be introduced to the work with pages and pages of the translator's notes and reasoning for the way certain passages/sentences/words/etc were translated. Moreover, you'll get multiple translations of some works that disagree with the other translations.

This is all insane, right?

Now, imagine that we're talking about an extremely old text that has been translated multiple times, and somebody tells you that it's some sort of Truth or gospel, that you have to follow this text literally or you will face dire consequences. AND YOU CAN'T EVEN READ THE ORIGINAL TEXT IN ITS ORIGINAL LANGUAGE, AND EVEN IF YOU COULD YOU PROBABLY WOULDN'T REALLY UNDERSTAND IT SINCE YOU LIVE IN THE 21ST CENTURY. ARE YOU READY TO DIE FOR THIS TEXT? ARE YOU PREPARED TO KILL IN THE NAME OF THAT TEXT, A TEXT THAT YOU MAY NOT EVEN HAVE THE ABILITY TO UNDERSTAND?

It's a little crazy, no?
edit on 4/20/2017 by yadda333 because: typo

posted on Apr, 20 2017 @ 12:45 AM
link   
a reply to: yadda333

Its not just that the texts may be altered many many times. We are even been tought how to interpret the text before we even have read them. It is like we are being schooled on how to interpret the texts before we start Reading.

edit on 27.06.08 by spy66 because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 20 2017 @ 03:57 AM
link   

Who said the firmament was earth? I think you responded to the wrong post.

posted on Apr, 20 2017 @ 04:01 AM
link   

Your just posting things with no context verse 8 is exactly what I said......

The garden is in the east of Eden.....

Are you just looking for an arguement, I see you are on the defensive... lighten up

posted on Apr, 20 2017 @ 04:27 AM
link   

originally posted by: fatkid

Your just posting things with no context verse 8 is exactly what I said......

The garden is in the east of Eden.....

Are you just looking for an arguement, I see you are on the defensive... lighten up

You said that Nod is to the east of the Garden. I am saying it is not. Verse 8 in Chapter 2 proves that Nod is not to the east of Eden, because east in Eden is where Lord God planted the garden.

posted on Apr, 20 2017 @ 04:54 AM
link   

The Bible says a few verses later that it is..... read a couple more pages

It will be right after Cain kills his brother....

edit on 20-4-2017 by fatkid because: (no reason given)

top topics

<< 10  11  12    14  15  16 >>

join