It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Washington Post introduces the Tom DeLonge story, to the masses!

page: 4
<< 1  2  3   >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 31 2017 @ 06:05 PM
link   

originally posted by: interupt42

originally posted by: bluesjr

originally posted by: interupt42
a reply to: bluesjr

Are you arguing that its better to have a closed mind?

No I'm arguing that your below statement is blanketed BS statement.

The next group to laugh are the scientists who believe that if us humans haven't figured it out yet then it probably doesn't exist.

Not a blanket statement at all, its a subset of scientists.

Well I missed the subset part of your statement .

Sorry, I could have made it clearer. Maybe if I said "those scientists who believe". I know plenty of them.

posted on Mar, 31 2017 @ 06:10 PM
link   

No worries, Its that around here for some reason the so called open minded individuals like to give scientist a bad wrap for wanting to proof or validate their conclusions.

posted on Mar, 31 2017 @ 06:18 PM
link   

im a scientist btw kinda, SPSS is making me want to quit though
i dont believe in much but i like investigating everything. and give everything % of a possibility it is true.
because anything is possible!
thats my MO anyways,

the rum is startn to take effect btw

posted on Mar, 31 2017 @ 06:29 PM
link   

originally posted by: Davg80

im a scientist btw kinda, SPSS is making me want to quit though
i dont believe in much but i like investigating everything. and give everything % of a possibility it is true.
because anything is possible!
thats my MO anyways,

the rum is startn to take effect btw

Yeah, same here. Its allowing that % that makes an open mind. I mean someone could tell me that Elvis is alive and living on the moon with Reptilian aliens and while I'll think the possibility is very very slim, I won't rule it out.

posted on Mar, 31 2017 @ 10:40 PM
link   

originally posted by: Golantrevize
a reply to: Shamrock6

When any possible outcome becomes a plot you can assume you are starting to lose touch with reality.

except that the rich and powerful make it their business to turn any possible outcome into a plot....... this is literally the admitted goal of some of the richest most powerful people on this earth.

posted on Mar, 31 2017 @ 11:37 PM
link   

originally posted by: Davg80
Another story involving Aliens, this is a proper paper telling the TDL story, and "NOT" making him out to be off his head,

this is quite interesting, Toms Story has just been given more legs, the Washington Post is big league, and probably one of the players,

that would be involved in any disclosure, if its happening, something is going down, and it is going down Soon!

judging by current news relating to aliens etc

www.washingtonpost.com... term=.eaf13c639aed

"But DeLonge’s air of secrecy — and the government’s — stemmed from the danger that alien contact posed, the former Blink-182 guitarist said. It was a pessimistic view of alien intelligence, a fear shared by physicist Stephen Hawking (though Hawking still supports SETI initiatives such as Breakthrough Listen). DeLonge had been “briefed on things” that caused him to lose sleep “for multiple days on end,” he said. “Because it really, really threw me down the stairs.”

DeLonge’s view was not completely dour, however. Far from it. He said that exposing the phenomenon as a malevolent extraterrestrial influence would persuade humans around the world to cooperate. He likened current global conflicts to someone incorrectly fighting a fire. “When I was in high school, I wanted to be a firefighter. I learned that you spray the base of the flame. You squirt water on the fuel, not the flame itself,” DeLonge said."

the article is quite good, i suggest you read it

His qualifications derive from him being in a band. So what. Me too...and Im only one of millions....only he has Millions $$$$$$....

Changing career paths mid-life is a good thing at times...but he should stick to music

posted on Apr, 1 2017 @ 03:25 AM
link   
a reply to: mysterioustranger

what if the information he is part of disclosing is about interdimensions and what if that sort of information delivered so it was believed, raised the awareness of people, opening up interdimensional travel for millions if not billions of people at one time.

being highly speculative here, but would love to hear your view on that possibility.

posted on Apr, 1 2017 @ 04:24 AM
link   
could this be the information Tom DeLonge said we were supposed to read between the lines with, this news is hitting tabloids today, on april 1st.
but was posted on science today on 30th March. (i had a feeling it would be today!)

Solar wind and radiation are responsible for stripping the Martian atmosphere, transforming Mars from a planet that could have supported life billions of years ago into a frigid desert world, according to new results from NASA's MAVEN (Mars Atmosphere and Volatile Evolution Mission) spacecraft led by the University of Colorado Boulder.www.sciencedaily.com...

Tabloids go onto talk about life going underground due to solar winds, so if this happened billions of years ago, then it would be conceivable that life evolved under the surface of Mars, whether it is intelligent or not.. well thats the real question!

www.express.co.uk...

A NASA spokesman said: "It's possible microbial life could have existed at the surface early in Mars’ history.

"As the planet cooled off and dried up, any life could have been driven underground or forced into rare surface oases."

whats next then...... war with the Martians, those pesky warmongers, get them before they get us.... an all that!
edit on 1-4-2017 by Davg80 because: (no reason given)

what if the whole Mars being the God of war thing is literally talking about Mars...... lets nuke it just incase, see if Wars stop!

for those further inclined, (not me, Im on a break from reading journal articles)
journal reference..
B. M. Jakosky, M. Slipski, M. Benna, P. Mahaffy, M. Elrod, R. Yelle, S. Stone, N. Alsaeed. Mars’ atmospheric history derived from upper-atmosphere measurements of 38 Ar/ 36 Ar. Science, 2017; 355 (6332): 1408 DOI: 10.1126/science.aai7721

heres the abstract...
Abstract
The history of Mars’ atmosphere is important for understanding the geological evolution and potential habitability of the planet. We determine the amount of gas lost to space through time using measurements of the upper-atmospheric structure made by the Mars Atmosphere and Volatile Evolution (MAVEN) spacecraft. We derive the structure of 38Ar/36Ar between the homopause and exobase altitudes. Fractionation of argon occurs as a result of loss of gas to space by pickup-ion sputtering, which preferentially removes the lighter atom. The measurements require that 66% of the atmospheric argon has been lost to space. Thus, a large fraction of Mars’ atmospheric gas has been lost to space, contributing to the transition in climate from an early, warm, wet environment to today’s cold, dry atmosphere.

hmm early warm, wet environment.........

i felt this news deserved its own thread, for those interested in the discussion....
www.abovetopsecret.com...

posted on Apr, 1 2017 @ 10:12 AM
link   
a reply to: Davg80

Right or wrong.."speculation and what-if" are just that: speculation, not fact....and what-if, means it isnt....yet.

We could go on and on and nothing is for sure, can be absolute, totally verifiable or correct...yet it might be.

'Been a musician (professional, world tours, recordings, tv, Billboards Top 100 Instrumental Groups of All Time)...only to say...Ive been around...and at best....he's just a musician like me...albeit possibly more informed than the average...

But thats all........

posted on Apr, 3 2017 @ 10:31 PM
link   
I listened to an interview with tommy, I think it was on darkness radio or jimmy church? Either way, tom was pretty rude and abrasive, and spent at least 10 minutes bragging about how he owns some night vision that he cant even bring out of the country because its so advanced and ill just spend 10 more minutes bragging about ITAR regulations and blah blah blah blah blah. He really did a huge discredit to himself, IMO. My thoughts on him are he had a serious mental breakdown and went kinda crazy, or he is a government shill.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2  3   >>

join