It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The problem of Africa.

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 31 2017 @ 10:42 AM
link   

originally posted by: PhyllidaDavenport
yet during the colonial years when those nasty colonialist "invaded" and built these countries from the ground up until they left, there was little or no ethnic cleansing or tribal warfare and food was plentiful due to advanced farming techniques introduced by those horrible colonialists

I wanted to requote that part for emphasis. This is especially true in the British held areas after we abolished the trans-Atlantic slave trade.

posted on Mar, 31 2017 @ 10:50 AM
link   
a reply to: crazyewok

Yes colonialism, especially from Italy, France and Belgium left areas devastated but that’s no excuse

Colonialism is 'no excuse'?

If I and my friend invaded your house, murdered your family, stole your stuff and moved in, you'd be devastated. But thats no excuse.

Around 30 billion in aid is sent to Africa every year but the problem still persists. Africa has plenty of natural resources yet it people STILL live in poverty.

Why?

Because Africa's resources are stolen by those 'no excuse' colonialists. Ongoing to this day. What do you think NATO did with all that 'aid 'to Libya? France in Mali? US in Somalia?

You keep willfully blind posting threads, I'll keep leaving this in your wake.

posted on Mar, 31 2017 @ 10:53 AM
link   

originally posted by: intrptr

Yes colonialism, especially from Italy, France and Belgium left areas devastated but that’s no excuse

If I and my friend invaded your house, murdered your family, stole your stuff and moved in, you'd be devastated. But thats no excuse.

Around 30 billion in aid is sent to Africa every year but the problem still persists. Africa has plenty of natural resources yet it people STILL live in poverty.

Why?

Because Africa's resources are stolen by those 'no excuse' colonialists. Ongoing to this day. What do you think NATO did with all that 'aid 'to Libya? France in Mali? US in Somalia?

You keep willfully blind posting threads, I'll keep leaving this in your wake.

Are you saying its someone else's fault?

posted on Mar, 31 2017 @ 10:54 AM
link   
a reply to: CulturalResilience

Are you saying its someone else's fault?

Way to quote content out of context, deflect with stupid questions, besides not watching the video.
edit on 31-3-2017 by intrptr because: changed

posted on Mar, 31 2017 @ 10:56 AM
link   
a reply to: intrptr

Ahh didn't take you too long to join us...been expecting you

Those resources that you and others keep harping on about.....the Africans themselves were doing jack with them, so yes like any other expansionist nation, we took advantage, but you should bear in mind that those Africans involved in these endeavours also benefited greatly from our doing so and there is no denying that as its fact. Now when the Europeans were forced to pull out by liberal minded idealists, did the Africans take over such productions? Did they learn from the colonialists how to profit and run their countries and make them a force to be reckoned with? Cash in on all their rich resources?NO ! and what has now happened? The Chinese are in there instead doing exactly what the Europeans were doing. African countries will never be rich because they don't know how to be and have a serious problem looking long term end of story

posted on Mar, 31 2017 @ 10:56 AM
link   

Nope.

I would be devastated. But I would get on with life, go back to wrok buy a new house and rebuild my house and not just sit on my arse asking for pitty and free handouts.

Germany and Japan manged to rebuild after complete devestation rather than sit on there lazy arses in a international pitty party.

Then they did to stop selling there resources off at the lowet price in exchange for guns

posted on Mar, 31 2017 @ 10:57 AM
link   

originally posted by: jkm1864
No matter how much money You give You still can't fix stupid. I'm just amazed by how many people keep having kids even though they can't feed the first kid. I personally think welfare should be limited to one kid and after that the parents need to be fixed. I know it sounds heartless but as far as I'm concerned the real heartless jerks are the people that have children and refuse to feed them.

The problem is the same "heartless" people as you will not allow distribution of free condoms puberty on. There are 7.5 billion people on the planet for a reason. We can teach abstinence. But we know from the 7.5 billion abstinence is not enough.
edit on 31-3-2017 by dfnj2015 because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 31 2017 @ 10:59 AM
link   

You having another go with your finger pointing? Last time it got screwed up and thrown in the paper bin marked 404 because it was so hate filled.

I don't blame Africa. I blame all the Vampyres that have descended on it over the centuries to EXPLOIT IT!

I am bending your pointy little finger to breaking point so that it points back at you and telling you that Africa is constantly robbed. The West deliberately keeps monsters in power there, who they can do business with. China is just as much a plague of locusts on Africa. Where does most of the world's gold come from? Where do most of the world's diamonds come from? Why does none of that wealth and the oil wealth, too, reach the people? Your precious little Britain makes all of its money encouraging African people to murder each other with the latest weapons it exports and the shareholders in the comfortable little English villages get their little fat cheques and don't care what that profit has come from. Dispicable YOU, Arms Dealers!

You blame the people when they are total innocents.

I would like to trap your pointing little finger in the door as I metaphorically slam it on you:

You carry on sitting there blaming away like a red faced Ceasar!

edit on 31-3-2017 by Revolution9 because: (no reason given)

link   
It's been a hole for the 60 years I've been on this planet and it will be when I'm gone. Nothing like pictures of fly covered kids to help the cause. It's their own fault

link   
a reply to: dfnj2015

You pay 'em to have kids they're gonna have kids. We've just the same problem in the UK and also in the USA and probably elsewhere. Once you give children a monetary value, that's what they'll be used as. Sad
edit on 31-3-2017 by PhyllidaDavenport because: spelling

posted on Mar, 31 2017 @ 11:05 AM
link   

originally posted by: Revolution9

You having another go with your finger pointing? Last time it got screwed up and thrown in the paper bin marked 404 because it was so hate filled.

And that’s one of the reason Africa will continue to be a # hole.

Because triggered people like you who refuse to look at the issue and just cry racism
blah blah blah and try and shut down any debae

edit on 31-3-2017 by crazyewok because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 31 2017 @ 11:05 AM
link   
a reply to: PhyllidaDavenport

Those resources that you and others keep harping on about.....the Africans themselves were doing jack with them, so yes like any other expansionist nation, we took advantage, but you should bear in mind that those Africans involved in these endeavors also benefited greatly from our doing so and there is no denying that as its fact.

That the whole point. Why is Africa so resource rich and yet so poor? Preciselyy because them "colonialists" are stealing those very resources.

And if they complain, just bomb them. Like in Mali, the French need Uranium, when you hear about the French in Mali, you just think Uranium.

posted on Mar, 31 2017 @ 11:09 AM
link   
Process of subjugation of Africa is ongoing, by direct intervention (invasion) and by proxy...

posted on Mar, 31 2017 @ 11:11 AM
link   

Sorry but that is NOT the whole story and I'm sure you as an apologist and defender of all cultures not white will know full well, that despite any attempt by ex patriots and colonialists to show the indigenous people exactly how to mine, farm & produce for themselves, they don't and won't. THAT is the reason they are so poor. The few rich that there are have got rich not by production but by selling out their own to the highest bidder for guns mercedes power and cash big dollops of cash. They are more than happy to let the chinese mine away the copper because those very few at the top get such whopping kickbacks its well worth it. Meanwhile, the people that actually do the work and produce for the Chinese (not you'll note themselves & their country) are paid a pittance live in squalor worse than when the nasty colonialists were there. The Chinese are not known for the patience and tolerance and if you'd ever visited one of these areas you'd realise that. In some areas there are bands of workers attempting to ruin production and oust the Chinese, but again they are normally killed by their own police on orders from up high. Even if the Chinese DID depart, the people would never run their own mines farms and other production plants and as a result, this production chain would again be sold to the highest bidder probably Russia who are in there in smaller numbers at the moment

And while I'm at it I may as well remind you that the native Africans didn't find the diamonds copper gold etc it was the colonials...had Europeans not gone there those minerals would STILL be lying in the ground. As it is now, those minerals are being utilised for a whole wealth of products
edit on 31-3-2017 by PhyllidaDavenport because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 31 2017 @ 11:17 AM
link   

They subjugate themselves....without fail....every single time there's money to be made, every single time a new dictator pops up and every single time a new "invader" crawls out of the woodwork because subjugation is quite often better than the alternatives

posted on Mar, 31 2017 @ 11:18 AM
link   

Sorry but that is NOT the whole story and I'm sure you as an apologist and defender of all cultures not white will know full well...

"Not white"? I refuse to bicker with racists.

posted on Mar, 31 2017 @ 11:19 AM
link   

Sorry but that is NOT the whole story and I'm sure you as an apologist and defender of all cultures not white will know full well...

"Not white"? I refuse to bicker with racists.

Ahh the racist card!

Ok bye then!

posted on Mar, 31 2017 @ 11:23 AM
link   

Fail to see what' s racist about that comment...its what you do...you've done it many many times you always blame the white man for any perceived wrongdoing

Well you've played your card so congrats...now back to the thread

posted on Mar, 31 2017 @ 11:36 AM
link   
When Africa was carved up by the Europeans into different country's, they never accounted for the different tribes. Some countries have many tribes in them who don't get along.
Hence the civil wars

Look at De Beers and their power, corruption and greed associated with diamonds. It's not about overpopulation or bad management, it's Western Greed, always has been

Blame western countries, don't blame Africans and overpopulation

Silly opening thread, completely blind to the truth

posted on Mar, 31 2017 @ 11:41 AM
link   

Read John Perkins book, "The Economic Hotmail" and you will realize quickly the problem is Bi or tri-fold. The first is western countries want the resources and the dumping ground and always at a discount. Corporations hijack the economy of those Nations setting up a debt based cycle. It's cheaper to have taxpayers in western countries foot the bill in the form of humanitarian aid. The cycle then extends itself to citizens of the African countries becoming lazy because they will be handed support and they don't develop naturally. Meanwhile, the corporations pay 10 cents on the dollar and create despots to keep the economically suppressed citizens in line.

At one point in my past, I could buy Kimberley blue IF diamonds for 4cents on the dollar through the exchange rate, bribery and rampant corruption with the African governments. I can't now because my contacts are dead and I don't travel much anymore, but I am quite sure the practice still exists.

Just look at the Oppenheimers, Rothschilds, soros, the Queen and companies like Rio tinto, Anglo American, rand, DE beers, etc. Follow the money, you'll find the truth.

Cheers - Dave

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join