It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Boomerang UFO Nearly Collides With Passenger Jet - Miami Airport, 1989.

page: 1

join
share:
+11 more 
posted on Mar, 31 2017 @ 09:06 AM
link   

'Another famous case is from 1989 at the Miami International Airport. Two flights nearly collided with this boomerang-shaped aircraft hovering over the tarmac and all the ground personnel, the traffic operators, pilots and all these witnesses never talked about because the tower manager told everybody to keep their mouths shut. We found two witnesses that eventually came and talked to us: A radio operator who heard the whole incident happen over the radio and a tower operator who had second-hand counsel on the incident.'.

Here's What it's like to be a UFO investigator in Florida

Well, can't find the radio operator testimony but for what it's worth below is the second hand counsel from the tower operator - very interesting stuff taken at face value and once again there are reports of orders from superiors (FAA) never to discuss the incident.

The case involves the radar/visual of a large, dark boomerang shaped object hovering over the commuter ramp of Miami international airport where it emitted 'light beams' before nearly colliding with an incoming passenger jet (also witnessed by pilots) - the UFO then ascended and was said to start 'gyrating' and fashing multi-coloured lights before vertically taking off out of sight.

Dark boomerang shaped UFO hovers over MIA airport then flies upward past arriving airlinerI am not the eye witness, but I questioned closely the controller involved. I was an air traffic controller at Miami International at the time this event occured. I came on duty at 10 o'clock am on this day. The whole facility was buzzing so I asked what was going on. The person I asked said that the midnighters had seen a UFO at the airport early..I did not get the full details for several weeks. The controller was obviously upset over what he had witnessed and refused to talk about it. I waited a few weeks for the right time and when it was quiet I asked this controller to tell me the whole story. Bob said that he working the midnight shift and his relief had arrived up in the tower cab as well as a flight data assistant (three total). They were chatting and one them looked up at the tower radar display. Something was quickly moving across the scope from the north and toward the airport. The observer called out and they all started looking out the windows (it's dark but getting light in the east). To the north something low was covering up the lights on the ground. At this point the UFO is almost over airport. They all saw it as it came to a hover over the commuter ramp, (low, 100 feet or less) which is in the middle of the airport. At this point I stopped the story to ask a question; how big was it? Bob said it was about the size a B-727, which is quite large. He also said that it was dark in color, maybe dark olive. The object hovered over a vehicle and turned on a bright light. There was a ramp person in the vehicle asleep. The ramp vehicles all have radios tuned to the ground control frequency. This person started screaming on frequency for the tower to quit playing pranks. The light stayed on for several minutes. Remember it's getting lighter outside every minute. The light turned off and it continued to hover. Now it's light enough to see detail. The object the rises vertically and passes very close to a an arriving Eastern Airlines A-300. The aircraft was coming in from the south and was on downwind and preparing to land.

The pilot asked "what the hell was that?" The controllers said that they did not know. The object continued up to many thousands of feet, but still visible fron the ground. At this point two other controllers were driving into work. One was coming in from the south and the other from the north. They both saw the object ascend and watched it until it stopped. When it stopped it stayed motionless for several minutes and then it started to gyrate wildly. While it was gyrating it had many multi-colored lights flashing. The object performed like this for several more minutes. When it stopped it stayed motionless for several minutes and then suddenly went vertically out of sight. In the the tower things were hectic trying to see if the radar room could see anything and getting the airliner on the ground. While taxiing in the pilot asked if the controllers knew anything more and then stated "well I guess I've seen one now". Over the next hour or so "answers" started coming from various agencies, none of which were accepted by the controller witnesses. In the end the FAA told them to say nothing of the event. One final thing, Bob mentioned that for the next couple of hours (no wind) a yellow-green haze was seen to stay in the area where the object was hovering.This event was a catalyst, of sorts, to open a host of stories from other controllers. All very interesting.

NUFORC

edit on 31-3-2017 by karl 12 because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 31 2017 @ 09:14 AM
link   
a reply to: karl 12

Well. That's a new one.

I've lived in Miami all my life. Never heard this story.

posted on Mar, 31 2017 @ 09:14 AM
link   
a reply to: karl 12

Karl, you've been on a roll!

Thanks for these threads!!

posted on Mar, 31 2017 @ 10:43 AM
link   
Great read, as always.
Thank you.

I have been casually browsing the NUFORC database, and there is no let-up in the crazyness.

On a slightly different note, there seem to be a slight emphasis on the subject of "covering up" and "removal of documents" in your posts as of late...

Are you quietly working up to something?

BT

posted on Mar, 31 2017 @ 11:17 AM
link   
Very similar to the Chicago O'hare sighting although it doesn't sound like any planes were in danger in the Chicago incident. I still think the Chicago O'hare sighting is one of the strongest pieces of evidence that has come to light. Sadly was covered up.

posted on Mar, 31 2017 @ 03:20 PM
link   

originally posted by: grey580

I've lived in Miami all my life. Never heard this story.

Thanks for the replies and seems certain folks would like to keep it that way - remember FAA Chief John Callaghan making some interesting points in this vid about confiscation of evidence and according to this Air Traffic Controller the Standard UFO operating procedure is to keep everything to yourself on a strictly need to know basis.

The poll below of 1000 Government Radar Operators also makes for pretty intriguing reading and if you're interested there are some other relevant ATC statements here.

A Forgotten Piece Of UFO Research

Cheers.

edit on 17-11-2021 by karl 12 because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 31 2017 @ 06:45 PM
link   
Interesting that Oklahoma had a brief spate of UFO sightings starting earlier that year, including one that was two days earlier, with some of the reports indicating a triangular shape.

edmondlifeandleisure.com...

edit on 31-3-2017 by Blue Shift because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 1 2017 @ 10:53 AM
link   

originally posted by: beetee

I have been casually browsing the NUFORC database, and there is no let-up in the crazyness.

Alright matey and yes hats off to the good folks at NUFORC and other organisations so people actually have somewhere to go and confidentially report their experiences - am sure a lot of folks don't discuss UFO incidents publicly due to the ridicule factor and other aspects but it's nice to see the reports still coming in.

In this regard, the compilation includes such witnesses as a no-nonsense trucker in Montana whose tanker truck engine was apparently disabled by a disc-shaped UFO, temporarily stopping his watch in the process..

Another weird incident involves a pregnant woman in New Mexico, driving a car with her young son aboard, who is unpleasantly surprised when a large blue object touches down in front of her truck and then returns to the sky..

One caller, formerly a cadet pilot at Lackland Air Force Base,Texas in 1954, relates a story of a UFO landing 30 feet from his group, only to zip away vertically when confronted..

A retired Air Force pilot almost sounds annoyed when he calls to report his car being followed by a large gray object accompanied by several smaller objects..

A Utah man relates how an object chasing his car causes a tingling in his neck and extreme electrical interference as the alternator, gauges and "everything went crazy.."

A brief but highly curious event reported by a private pilot in California involves three arrow-shaped objects flying in formation and disappearing at high speed..

In Washington, an egg-shaped UFO maneuvers around a police helicopter, affecting the instruments..

Among other disc tracks is the case of children at a California school who watch a Saturn-like UFO hover over their school, accompanied by a massive vibration in the area..

During one of many triangle reports included here, two police officers observe such an object with red and blue lights within 60 feet, hovering near a power generation plant, and it departs at high speed..

Thread

originally posted by: beetee

On a slightly different note, there seem to be a slight emphasis on the subject of "covering up" and "removal of documents" in your posts as of late...

Are you quietly working up to something?

Lost count of the times I've read about people being told not to discuss their sightings mate ( military/police/civilian) and I suppose it's one of the reasons I'm still interested in the subject.

There are plenty of other examples of Government UFO files, sensitive military UFO reports, official UFO footage, gun camera photographs, radar tapes, satellite data, Military pilot transcripts, Control Tower tapes, Naval log books, official UFO meeting minutes, security footage, physical trace evidence samples and official UFO investigation records being withheld, missing, stolen, destroyed or confiscated here but no I'm not working up to something.

posted on Apr, 1 2017 @ 10:59 AM
link   
a reply to: slapjacks

No problem mate and also saw there was another interesting case in the interview link in the first post.

OW: What about in Florida?

Beall: One of the most interesting things we received this year are some historical pieces from military bases. I worked on a case this past year that dealt with some Navy witnesses. This incident happened on the USS Independence over the Atlantic Ocean off the coast of Florida where they saw a light underneath the ship, and remember this is a large aircraft carrier. A witness described like this: If you put a paperclip in your hand, the USS Independence would be the paperclip and your hand would be the light. Eventually the light went to the front of the ship and pulled out of the water and shot off until it disappeared into the sky. It was impressive to hear this coming from military personnel.

Cheers

posted on Apr, 1 2017 @ 11:12 AM
link   

originally posted by: Blue Shift
Interesting that Oklahoma had a brief spate of UFO sightings starting earlier that year, including one that was two days earlier, with some of the reports indicating a triangular shape.

Good find mate and many thanks - seems there are also reports of a large boomerang / V shaped object causing EM effects on a U.S. Navy nuclear submarine 150 miles off the Florida coast on October 24th..

Large 'V'-Shaped UFO encounter with US Navy nuclear submarine; electromagnetic effects
Date: October 24, 1989

From the witness: "My ship was on patrol about 150 miles of the Florida coast. We were cruising at about 500 feet when the submarine started experiencing electronics problems.... I saw a large inverted V-shaped UFO off the port side....This huge vessel was over a half mile across. The UFO made a half circle around our ship then passed across the stern..."

link

Cheers!
edit on 1-4-2017 by karl 12 because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 2 2017 @ 09:27 AM
link   
And another Florida boomerang report from October 9th and one from Indianapolis on December 1st being chased by black helicopters.

1989 UFO Chronology

posted on Apr, 2 2017 @ 02:50 PM
link   
Never heard of this one before. Good stuff Karl.

This was all around the time the Iron Curtain was being dismantled as the Soviet Union relinquished a grip on it's satellite states. Also happened just before the Belgian UFO Wave. As EngineerGuY said as well it also has echoes of the O'Hare UFO.

It makes me wonder if these type of sightings still go on but the employees of the various authorities and companies involved in air traffic are actually 'gagged' from saying anything as part of their employment contracts. I am not saying that there is anything as obvious as a "You do not speak about UFOs in public" rule written into these contracts but something more subtle but effectively meaning that is the case.

The Nov 2006 UFO over Chicago O'Hare airport certainly seemed to be such a case with very, very few witnesses willing to go public and the story almost went by unnoticed. The media did not pick up on the O'Hare case until Jan 2007. Some seven weeks after it had all happened. And to this day I think all of the witnesses (and there aren't too many) have chosen to remain anonymous.

edit on 2/4/17 by mirageman because: typo

posted on Apr, 4 2017 @ 11:19 AM
link   

originally posted by: karl 12

originally posted by: Blue Shift

Good find mate and many thanks - seems there are also reports of a large boomerang / V shaped object causing EM effects on a U.S. Navy nuclear submarine 150 miles off the Florida coast on October 24th..

Large 'V'-Shaped UFO encounter with US Navy nuclear submarine; electromagnetic effects
Date: October 24, 1989

From the witness: "My ship was on patrol about 150 miles of the Florida coast. We were cruising at about 500 feet when the submarine started experiencing electronics problems.... I saw a large inverted V-shaped UFO off the port side....This huge vessel was over a half mile across. The UFO made a half circle around our ship then passed across the stern..."

link

Cheers!

How many of those reports have been actually verified?

Because there is no USS Memphis (SSN-698), homeport Titusville, FL.

There is a USS Memphis (SSN-691), homeport Norfolk, VA.

And there is a USS Bremerton (SSN-698), homeport Pearl Harbor, Hawaii.

The Memphis was in Norfolk in October 1989 for upkeep. The Bremerton was in Pearl Harbor the whole year 1989 for overhaul.

posted on Apr, 4 2017 @ 11:59 AM
link   

originally posted by: karl 12

There are plenty of other examples of Government UFO files, sensitive military UFO reports, official UFO footage, gun camera photographs, radar tapes, satellite data, Military pilot transcripts, Control Tower tapes, Naval log books, official UFO meeting minutes, security footage, physical trace evidence samples and official UFO investigation records being withheld, missing, stolen, destroyed or confiscated here but no I'm not working up to something.

Good job as always karl.

If only these instances could be brought up in threads where the skeptics have a hard time believing in t he cover-up aspect of this phenomenon. I know that's not your forte, you are mainly a presenter of info but keep the information rolling in as always.

posted on Apr, 6 2017 @ 12:24 AM
link   

originally posted by: mirageman

It makes me wonder if these type of sightings still go on but the employees of the various authorities and companies involved in air traffic are actually 'gagged' from saying anything as part of their employment contracts. I am not saying that there is anything as obvious as a "You do not speak about UFOs in public" rule written into these contracts but something more subtle but effectively meaning that is the case.

Certainly makes me wonder as well pal and although they've released quite a few interesting transmissions in the past (vid ) I can well believe open discussion of the subject is actively discouraged and some of the statements in this paper seem to reflect that.

Unlike a number of South American countries and their equivalents it seems the FAA also doesn't think UFOs pose a danger to aviation safety or that UFO investigation should be in their remit and when John Greenwald Junior petitioned them last year for all manuals publications and/or instructions pertaining to UFOs, pilots and ATCs all he got back was this.

Reports from FAA employees to NARCAP and NUFORC have always come in though - just seems a shame (and very irresponsible) that these professionals have nowhere to go to officially report their experiences and have to rely on civilian organisations.

Call from Oakland Air Traffic Control asking the Center for
literature due to fact that pilots and others report UFOs to
them. Although not a UFO report, this call is an example of the
influence Robert Gribble ' s National UFO Reporting Center was
having within professional circles. It allowed governmental
departments a place to report, since the disbanding of Project
Blue Book. 01:24

Full Text Of 'National UFO Reporting Center recordings, 1974 to 1989'

Suppose Bigelow receiving all the FAA reports could have been mentioned but seeing as they never release any to the general public I guess we'll never know.

Cheers.

top topics

join