It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Oklahoma Bar Association opens investigation of ex-AG Pruitt

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Mar, 31 2017 @ 08:32 AM
link   
Oklahoma Bar Association opens investigation of ex-AG Pruitt
Looks like another one of Trump's goon squad is having trouble with the law.

OKLAHOMA CITY (AP) - The Oklahoma Bar Association has opened an investigation into an ethics complaint against former state Attorney General Scott Pruitt, now administrator of the Environmental Protection Agency, according to a letter from the association's general counsel.

The complaint, filed by the Center for Biological Diversity, a nonprofit organization that works to protect endangered species, and associate professor Kristen van de Biezenbos of the University of Oklahoma College of Law, says Pruitt may have violated the Oklahoma Rules of Professional Conduct when he told a U.S. Senate committee at his confirmation hearings in January that he only used his attorney general's email address to conduct official business.

The complaint, dated March 21, says documents released by the attorney general's office through an Open Records Act lawsuit in Oklahoma seem to contradict Pruitt's sworn testimony and indicate Pruitt also used a personal email address to conduct official business.

"It appears that Mr. Pruitt misrepresented material facts that bore on the Senate committee's analysis of Mr. Pruitt's fitness to serve as EPA Administrator," the complaint states.

What an idiot. Did he really think he would get away with lying to the Senate about using a personal email account? Everything related to Trump is under microscope from the press. You AREN'T going to hide anything from them. So I guess, "LOCK HIM UP!"

posted on Mar, 31 2017 @ 09:21 AM
link   

The complaint, filed by the Center for Biological Diversity, a nonprofit organization that works to protect endangered species, and associate professor Kristen van de Biezenbos of the University of Oklahoma College of Law,

From the article sourced
Reckon they had a bias ?
Reckon this is just another Liberal Loon wet dream ?
I think so.
Frivolous lawsuit...
Hope Ok. has a loser pays clause.

edit on 3/31/17 by Gothmog because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 31 2017 @ 09:23 AM
link   
a reply to: Gothmog

Bias or otherwise, the investigation is going down. Don't you care if he used a private email or not? You cared when Hillary did.

posted on Mar, 31 2017 @ 09:24 AM
link   
a reply to: Krazysh0t

Non story....move along.
Oh wait.....it was only a non story when Hillary did it, but not now.

posted on Mar, 31 2017 @ 09:25 AM
link   
a reply to: RazorV66

Except the difference being that Pruitt may have perjurged himself in front of the Senate. Something Hillary didn't do.

And at the least we are entitled to 4 years plus of investigations and committees looking into it. Just like Hillary right?

posted on Mar, 31 2017 @ 09:34 AM
link   

originally posted by: Krazysh0t

Except the difference being that Pruitt may have perjurged himself in front of the Senate. Something Hillary didn't do.

And at the least we are entitled to 4 years plus of investigations and committees looking into it. Just like Hillary right?

Are you insane? Hillary didn't commit perjury?
Hillary said "I never sent or received any classified material"
Comey said "We found 110 emails marked as classified, that she either sent or received"
Maybe not exactly verbatim on my end with the quotes but close enough, she not only should have went to jail for having classified emails on a private server, she should have went to jail for perjury.
edit on 31-3-2017 by RazorV66 because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 31 2017 @ 09:36 AM
link   

Nope. She didn't. Or at least there isn't evidence enough to prove it (this is according to Comey), which could still hold true for Mr. Pruitt here. Let's not job to any conclusions before the investigation is finished or anything.

posted on Mar, 31 2017 @ 09:42 AM
link   

originally posted by: RazorV66

Comey said "We found 110 emails marked as classified, that she either sent or received"
Maybe not exactly verbatim on my end with the quotes but close enough, she not only should have went to jail for having classified emails on a private server, she should have went to jail for perjury.

Then why doesn't Trump file an indictment and prosecute her in a court of law. Didn't he promise to do that?

posted on Mar, 31 2017 @ 09:48 AM
link   

originally posted by: olaru12

Then why doesn't Trump file an indictment and prosecute her in a court of law. Didn't he promise to do that?

What makes you think he is not going to direct Sessions to do it in the near future?

posted on Mar, 31 2017 @ 09:53 AM
link   

What makes you think he is not going to direct Sessions to do it in the near future?

Hasn't Trump Quixote chased enough windmills yet?

posted on Mar, 31 2017 @ 09:54 AM
link   

a reply to: Gothmog

Bias or otherwise, the investigation is going down. Don't you care if he used a private email or not? You cared when Hillary did.

I did ?
Oh , yeah Hillary was Secretary of State
Some folks are hardcore living proof of "birds of a feather , flock together"
Refer to my original post

posted on Mar, 31 2017 @ 10:00 AM
link   

Trump has made a lot of promises to get elected and imo it was just a lot of BS. The WH is in total chaos now with even his staff putting as much distance between themselves and Trump as possible. Trump has bigger fish to fry than inditing hillary. Like looking for a graceful way to bail.
edit on 31-3-2017 by olaru12 because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 31 2017 @ 10:02 AM
link   

Hasn't Trump Quixote chased enough windmills yet?

Please tell me how many more Snipe hunts are the Democrats/Leftists going to go on before they realize there is no such thing as a Snipe?

posted on Mar, 31 2017 @ 10:16 AM
link   

Well that doesn't describe any of the investigation the Democrats are calling for. All of them keep producing more and more concerning questions for Trump and his goon squad. I know you want to believe otherwise, but things keep getting worse for Trump. Flynn just asked for immunity. That CAN'T be good.

Now we have Pruitt's possible lying under oath. How you can think there is no fire here is outstandingly partisan.

posted on Mar, 31 2017 @ 10:21 AM
link   
The Oklahoma Bar Association is not a liberal organization and has opened an investigation into Pruitt.

That wouldn't have happened if the complaint didn't have merit on its face.

The infantile arguments of some here become more absurd by the day.

posted on Mar, 31 2017 @ 10:57 AM
link   

I agree. The emails released are available here

www.documentcloud.org...:%2031783-exposedbycmd-scott-pruitt-emails

I have been reading through them, as a resident of the state of Oklahoma, I wanted to see what these said for myself. After hundreds of pages of emails I have read nothing that suggests any business besides bar dinners and fundraisers were discussed on his personal email account. If there is something there, I just have not found it yet.
Let's not job to any conclusions before the investigation is finished or anything.

edit on 31-3-2017 by Benderisfunny because: Added last line

posted on Mar, 31 2017 @ 11:17 AM
link   

originally posted by: Benderisfunny
Let's not job to any conclusions before the investigation is finished or anything.

Right. Also remember that there is still the little sticking point of him possibly lying to the Senate over this too. Perjury will get you even if the emails are benign.

posted on Mar, 31 2017 @ 11:38 AM
link   

From my understanding the perjury accusations rest completely on emails sent and received about state government business on his personal email account. If there are no emails in the personal account that have to do with state business, what are the perjury allegations standing on? I ask this in all seriousness, and without sarcasm, because I really want to know where else this could go. I have not finished reading all of the emails yet, but if there is nothing in them, will there still be perjury accusations?
edit on 31-3-2017 by Benderisfunny because: Added a question.

posted on Mar, 31 2017 @ 11:40 AM
link   
a reply to: Benderisfunny

I don't know. The investigation just started. Clearly the OK Bar Association thinks there is something there to at least investigate.
edit on 31-3-2017 by Krazysh0t because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

join