It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Russia Gate! Spy Gate! Oh me! Oh my!

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 31 2017 @ 09:08 PM
link   
a reply to: JinMI

This type of reporting is getting old. This doesn't help us get to the facts, only further obfuscate them.

Yup on both counts. And I have lost patience with it.

Sooner or later this will all unravel and some folks are going to look very foolish. Kudos for staying on top of your topic however!

Yup again. And that's why I'm staying on top of it -- or trying. At some point, the bottom will fall out, and I want a running record of who said what and when. We shall know them by the fruits of their labor.

posted on Mar, 31 2017 @ 09:09 PM
link   

originally posted by: Boadicea

"Nothing I could see today warranted a departure from the normal review procedures, and these materials should now be provided to the full membership of both committees. The White House has yet to explain why senior White House staff apparently shared these materials with but one member of either committee, only for their contents to be briefed back to the White House."

Schiff views docs at WH, calls for them to be given to committee

The New York Times reported Thursday that two White House officials helped Nunes acquire the information that he later used to brief Trump.

"The White House has yet to explain why senior White House staff apparently shared these materials with but one member of either committee, only for their contents to be briefed back to the White House," Schiff said Friday.

Schiff doesn't seem very concerned about the Constitution, eh? I think he needs to be investigated---definitely a swamp thing that one.

I can only imagine how buried this would be if Devin didn't take it public. Congress hasn't had true oversight of the intelligence community for many a year. Maybe there will actually be some this time.

posted on Mar, 31 2017 @ 09:09 PM
link   

originally posted by: marg6043
a reply to: Boadicea

CNN was telling the name of the sources this afternoon during the Christ Mathews Hardball's show.

Thank you! I'll look for that...

posted on Mar, 31 2017 @ 09:10 PM
link   

As a side, has anyone noticed the subtle backpedal from Russian hacking to Russian interference and now to Russian influence?

posted on Mar, 31 2017 @ 09:12 PM
link   

a reply to: The GUT

Ezra Cohen-Watnick, the senior director for intelligence at the National Security Council, and Michael Ellis, a lawyer who works on national security issues at the White House Counsel’s Office and formerly worked on the staff of the House Intelligence Committee.

This are supposedly the sources.

Ahhh... okay. Yeah, those are the ones that I think were simply the document gatekeepers -- not the source of the information. I'd bet dollars to donuts that someone else made Nunes aware of the intel, and these guys just helped Nunes view the information according to established protocol.

posted on Mar, 31 2017 @ 09:14 PM
link   
a reply to: JinMI

What I did noticed is how they are adding Wikileaks and all the other sites that leaks information about the Spying agencies as been created by Russia.

I guess this will take some of the burden and tarnished credibility from them.

edit on 31-3-2017 by marg6043 because: (no reason given)

edit on 31-3-2017 by marg6043 because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 31 2017 @ 09:15 PM
link   

originally posted by: Boadicea

The two people reported yesterday in the New York Times report, by reporter Maggie Haberman, were not Nunes sources. Ezra Cohen-Watnick, the senior director for intelligence at the National Security Council, and Michael Ellis, a lawyer who works on national security issues at the White House Counsel’s Office, only helped Nunes navigate the intelligence. They were not the source.

That Cohen-Watnick and Michael Ellis were not the sources, leads further credence to the belief that their names were seeded to Katie Walsh as a canary operation to identify the White House leaker.

-- mostly because I've been suspecting some canary traps for a while now!

Wow, I hadn't seen that. Very interesting and promising that team Trump really are playing a good game of 4D Chess. Great work and thank you for collating all of this.

posted on Mar, 31 2017 @ 09:16 PM
link   
a reply to: marg6043

Attack the source instead of the information. We're not above it here on ATS either. Even a stopped clock is right twice a day, there is no reason to shut down information based upon its source alone.

posted on Mar, 31 2017 @ 09:17 PM
link   

Thanks, so up to now nobody had the names of the real sources, I wonder how long will take for the usual sites to get the leaks of the sources.

posted on Mar, 31 2017 @ 09:21 PM
link   

Schiff doesn't seem very concerned about the Constitution, eh?

He sure doesn't. Now that he knows what this information is, I will be paying even closer attention... No more plausible deniability for him.

I think he needs to be investigated---definitely a swamp thing that one.

I think so. But let's see what he does going forward.

I can only imagine how buried this would be if Devin didn't take it public. Congress hasn't had true oversight of the intelligence community for many a year. Maybe there will actually be some this time.

I agree. And it seems Devin knew he had to do it while the iron was hot so to speak -- before anyone even knew what he was up to, much less able to stop him. Get in, get out, tell the prez, tell the public... then let the wailing and gnashing of teeth begin!

posted on Mar, 31 2017 @ 09:34 PM
link   
Jeff Sessions responding to the question of leakers at 5:20 in the following vid. Once they start trying to save their bacon, no telling what might come out. If--as reported--the unmasked documents aren't related directly to Russia, he can prosecute both the leaks and the surveillance/unmasking.

posted on Mar, 31 2017 @ 09:34 PM
link   

originally posted by: JinMI

As a side, has anyone noticed the subtle backpedal from Russian hacking to Russian interference and now to Russian influence?

Yes, I have. Very telling, eh?

posted on Mar, 31 2017 @ 09:37 PM
link   

Thanks, so up to now nobody had the names of the real sources, I wonder how long will take for the usual sites to get the leaks of the sources.

I really hope we get the name of the "high level intelligence official" who did the unmasking first. It will be harder to bury him/her if they're outed first.

posted on Mar, 31 2017 @ 09:39 PM
link   

Bringing out the big guns!

Something big this way comes...

posted on Mar, 31 2017 @ 09:53 PM
link   
The following supposition is why I wonder if Mike Rogers was the "whistleblower." Of course he could have met with Prez Trump for any number of reasons and he was in consideration for DNI, but his unannounced visit apparently ticked off both Clapper & Brennan who subsequently called for his head.

Sometimes the utilization of Timelines means you have to look at the new information with a keen awareness of specific events. In hindsight, NSA Director Admiral Mike Rogers may have notified Team Trump of Obama’s Intelligence Community (James Clapper and John Brennan) spying on their activity.
Occam’s Razor – Did NSA Admiral Mike Rogers Warn Trump On November 17th, 2016?

posted on Mar, 31 2017 @ 10:11 PM
link   

Seems to me they took what they learned from the MJ12 and Paul Bennowitz flap and are doing the same thing on a wider mainstream scale.

There be birds flying about, this I'm sure.

It's time for another epic thread.

posted on Mar, 31 2017 @ 10:17 PM
link   
Frakas appears to be backpedaling:

Co-host Joe Kernen pressed her further, “I mean you actually said that ‘I knew that there was more. I became very worried because not enough was coming out into the open, and I knew that there was more.’ And then, you actually said that that’s why you have all the leaking, to make sure we get it out. I mean, people are accusing you, Evelyn, of admitting that was surveillance, admitting that there was unmasking, and urging people, or, at least, saying that intelligence leaking, which could be a felony, is the way that it should get out. And you weren’t even part of the government at that point.”

Farkas doubled down and denied everything, “No, so, I was referring to the motivation. Because there had been a lot of discussion, in the media about why are people leaking. And, so I was trying to, but in a very short-hand fashion, explain, at the very end of that quote, that people were leaking because they were afraid of a cover-up. I do not, absolutely do not condone leaking. You know – it’s against the law. What I was doing was explaining, though, was why people might be motivated to do that.”

Sorkin followed up, “But just clarify, and just to put a fine point on it, and then we’re going to move on, when you said ‘if they found out how we know what we knew,’ that wasn’t a reference to the idea that you know that there was surveillance going on?”

Farkas continued to deny everything: “No! No. It’s sources and methods. It could be people. And people could get hurt, if people were giving us information.”

Former Obama Official Stumbles While Trying to Backtrack After Implying Intel Leaks

There's more at the link, and a partial transcript.

posted on Mar, 31 2017 @ 10:24 PM
link   
Great OP. You are getting to the heart of the situation. Our government, all of them - Congress, Intelligence agencies, DOJ - are all involved in a huge conspiracy. The cause of their major freak-out is because the American people did not follow the script and elect the chosen one.

It is obvious that the Democrats and some of the elite Republicans are determined to undermine the current president just because he is an outsider. Their motivation makes all of their accusations suspect. They will do anything and everything to get rid of Trump, and they are not secretive about it.

Putin swears that Russia did nothing. There has been no solid evidence provided that Russia did anything at all. There was information hacked and revealed, and the Dems saw an opportunity to blame it on Russia, just because Trump spoke favorably about Putin occasionally. The Dems have the motivation to lie about it.

People in this thread who are bickering are doing exactly what the PTB want the "little people" to do. They want to divide and distract us from what is really going on.

What is going on is there is a powerful force in our government that wants control, and they feel it slipping away. They are not going to let that happen, and would prefer the country fall into disarray.

posted on Mar, 31 2017 @ 10:25 PM
link   

The following supposition is why I wonder if Mike Rogers was the "whistleblower." Of course he could have met with Prez Trump for any number of reasons and he was in consideration for DNI, but his unannounced visit apparently ticked off both Clapper & Brennan who subsequently called for his head.

Very interesting. And makes sense.

We know Rogers wanted to release NSA docs and that Clapper blocked their release. I suspect Brennan is with Clapper.

So where will Comey take his stand??? At best, he seems to be straddling the fence... at worst, playing both sides against the middle.

posted on Mar, 31 2017 @ 10:30 PM
link   
And now they say they know who unmasked civilian names in surveillance, and was possibly the source of the leaks.

They know it is a high level Intelligence official, well known, but not in the FBI. I wonder who that could be?

Intelligence and House sources with direct knowledge of the disclosure of classified names told Fox News that House Intelligence Committee Chairman Devin Nunes, R-Calif., now knows who is responsible -- and that person is not in the FBI.
“The main issue in this case, is not only the unmasking of these names of private citizens, but the spreading of these names for political purposes that have nothing to do with national security or an investigation into Russia’s interference in the U.S. election,” a congressional source close to the investigation told Fox News.

Intelligence official who 'unmasked' Trump associates is 'very high up,' source says

This is the real reason why the Democrats are trying to push Nunes out of the investigation. He is on track to expose what is really going on.

<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join