It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Part of I-85 collapses in Atlanta after massive fire

page: 7
<< 4  5  6    8  9  10 >>

join
share:
(post by Gryphon66 removed for a manners violation)

posted on Mar, 30 2017 @ 09:44 PM
link   

posted on Mar, 30 2017 @ 09:44 PM
link   

originally posted by: kosmicjack

When produced or burned, PVC plastic releases dioxins, a group of the most potent synthetic chemicals ever tested, which can cause cancer (dioxin is the most potent carcinogen known to science) and harm the immune and reproductive systems.

Dioxins are extremely long-lived in the environment, and, because they are fat-soluble, they concentrate in the tissues of humans and other species.

www.consumer.org.my...

CPVC is what is used for electrical, pvc for water on interiors and in ground. But exposed water mains are usually steel.
CPVC has a max temp of 200 degrees. Both go up like a toxic christmas tree when exposed to fire. I threw a chunk in a firepit once, it was toxic like a tire fire.

posted on Mar, 30 2017 @ 09:47 PM
link   
a reply to: Vasa Croe

Euclid Avenue Yacht Club.

HIC

posted on Mar, 30 2017 @ 09:48 PM
link   
Jet fuel can't melt concrete bridges-. . . sorry. . . wrong conspiracy.

posted on Mar, 30 2017 @ 09:48 PM
link   

posted on Mar, 30 2017 @ 09:51 PM
link   

originally posted by: DBCowboy

You know ... not for nothing ... I've driven under that bridge a lot of times ...

The supports were all solid concrete and steel. Heavy steel.

posted on Mar, 30 2017 @ 09:52 PM
link   

posted on Mar, 30 2017 @ 09:53 PM
link   
a reply to: Gryphon66

I know nothing of Atlanta, but how will that affect your commute?

posted on Mar, 30 2017 @ 09:57 PM
link   

Let's keep this on topic and civil!

All rules for polite debate will be enforced... You are responsible for your own posts.

Community Announcement re: Decorum
We expect civility and decorum within all topics.

and, as always:

Do NOT reply to this post!!

posted on Mar, 30 2017 @ 09:57 PM
link   

It's going to gridlock the city in and out. 85 is the major artery to Gwinett County which is one of the more populated suburban areas. People will be trying to compensate using the Perimeter (I-285) which will cludge that up and even the traditional alternate roads (Buford Highway is a multi-lane North South artery) will clot up as well.

It's a bad deal for the next few days/weeks. And that's if there's been no damage to the trains underneath (which a lot of people depend on)

posted on Mar, 30 2017 @ 10:00 PM
link   

Well whatever was under this bridge did. It collapsed across all lanes. 85 is done for a LONG time. I feel sorry for anyone that has to travel this route to do anything.

Honestly, if this was a Terri incident and just a precursor, I have thought of this exact scenario before.

Shut down a major highway that is a throughpass for a large city, forcing every commuter or out of stater to a different route. Cause traffic jam to make a stand still, have multiple car bombs in the mix and armed militants on the sides and bam...instant turkey shoot.

In a city like Atlanta, they could kill 10,000 people within an hour with solely this tactic. I'd say it would take this incident shutting down a major route. Rerouting traffic to other major routes. 4-6 cars take up position on attack route next to eachother and slow to a stop on the highway with 5-10 others loaded with car bombs behind them at intervals.

First line of six hops out of cars and pulls spark plugs to disable. Most would just be pisses and sit in their cars honking horns. Wait 15 min for a few thousand cars to back up behind you with your 5-10 bomb cars mixed in.

Have 20-30 line the outside retaining walls of the highway with auto weapons and a few on rooftops of buildings nearby.

Set off the 5-10 cars. Watch chaos ensue. Begin firing into the mass exodus of those from cars. Have roof snipers pick off those hiding.

Honestly I am surprised this type of tactic has not been used yet....it a turkey shoot and easy/cheap to accomplish.

posted on Mar, 30 2017 @ 10:01 PM
link   
Edit: NM, didn't see mod edits before I submitted.
edit on 3/30/2017 by Nyiah because: (no reason given)

link   
pbs.twimg.com...

Started small to end up so out of control and cause such destruction. Also what kind of guys are those and what kind of car? Not APD right? Some sort of transportation crew?

link   

Oh. I'm sorry. That sucks on so many levels.

link   

I work from home so not at all for me.

Others....it is going to add hours both ways. This is a MAJOR problem.

posted on Mar, 30 2017 @ 10:03 PM
link   

Heavy steel used for I beams is actually really soft. I have shot about a million Hilti fasteners through it to attach commercial framing. The powder driven hardened pins go through an inch thick of steel.

I think it's melting point is around 2500 degrees, and I bet it deforms below that temp with the massive weight on it.

edit on 3 by Mandroid7 because: to edit

posted on Mar, 30 2017 @ 10:04 PM
link   

originally posted by: kosmicjack
pbs.twimg.com...

Started small to end up so out of control and cause such destruction. Also what kind of guys are those and what kind of car? Not APD right? Some sort of transportation crew?

That's APD.

posted on Mar, 30 2017 @ 10:04 PM
link   
a reply to: kosmicjack

How close are you to it Kosmic?
Btw congrats on the baby!

posted on Mar, 30 2017 @ 10:06 PM
link   

originally posted by: Mandroid7

Heavy steel used for I beams is actually really soft. I have shot about a million Hilti fasteners through it to attach commercial framing. The powder driven hardened pins go through an inch thick of steel.

I think it's melting point is around 2500 degrees, and I bet it deforms below that temp with the massive weight on it.

/sigh

Darned scientific facts. LOL Still though ... the support structures, if I'm remembering them correctly, were massive.

I guess we'll hear more in the next few days.

new topics

top topics

<< 4  5  6    8  9  10 >>

join