It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Part of I-85 collapses in Atlanta after massive fire

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 30 2017 @ 08:54 PM
link   
a reply to: Nyiah

I hope you'll think better of that comment.

posted on Mar, 30 2017 @ 08:57 PM
link   

originally posted by: Nyiah
I...I gotta be honest. I'm not finding it easy to muster up sympathy for a state that still holds racially segregated proms.

Seriously? We have one of the largest African American populations of any other city in Atlanta and this is what you post.

Respect = 0.

posted on Mar, 30 2017 @ 08:58 PM
link   
a reply to: kosmicjack

Is there a good reason Atlanta schools wouldn't close? I would think any vehicle you can keep off the roads tomorrow is a net good thing, and if spring break is next week, it would give 10 days without school to help get to the "new normal" of life without that bridge. I just don't understand how closing all local schools isn't a no-brainer.

For those with local knowledge: I'm planning on driving through Atlanta (I-75N) in a couple weeks. Should I start looking at alternate routes?

posted on Mar, 30 2017 @ 08:59 PM
link   

originally posted by: Vasa Croe

I...I gotta be honest. I'm not finding it easy to muster up sympathy for a state that still holds racially segregated proms.

Seriously? We have one of the largest African American populations of any other city in Atlanta and this is what you post.

Respect = 0.

Not only that, what in the hell are they talking about?

I went to high school in one of the most rural areas of the state 35 years ago and we didn't have a "segregated" prom.

posted on Mar, 30 2017 @ 08:59 PM
link   

originally posted by: Gryphon66
a reply to: Nyiah

I hope you'll think better of that comment.

Why? At this point, it doesn't resemble much in the way of terrorism if that's what you're hinting at. Besides, if it was in somewhere like California instead, there'd be a slew of "Good, serves 'em right!" posts already.

(post by Nyiah removed for a manners violation)

posted on Mar, 30 2017 @ 09:03 PM
link   
How flammable is PVC? What's the likelihood it catches fire during rush hour? On the busiest interstate? Near a railroad depot? With a train going by? And APD/AFD don't know what caused it? But they do know the smoke isn't toxic? Come on. And FBI already says it's definitively not terror...okay...
edit on 3/30/2017 by kosmicjack because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 30 2017 @ 09:03 PM
link   

posted on Mar, 30 2017 @ 09:04 PM
link   

posted on Mar, 30 2017 @ 09:05 PM
link   

originally posted by: kosmicjack
Weather is a huge factor now in the metro but not directly over the site anymore however more moving in from the west. Trees down in metro area. Hail possible.

www.wsbtv.com...

From the video and pics this wasn't caused by a weather incident.

posted on Mar, 30 2017 @ 09:06 PM
link   
a reply to: Vasa Croe
That's not what I said. At all.

posted on Mar, 30 2017 @ 09:08 PM
link   

posted on Mar, 30 2017 @ 09:11 PM
link   

posted on Mar, 30 2017 @ 09:13 PM
link   

originally posted by: kosmicjack
That's not what I said. At all.

Sorry...figured you were pointing to it as a cause.

posted on Mar, 30 2017 @ 09:14 PM
link   

You're familiar with the area just west of the city? That's where I grew up.

Admittedly, peppered with some real actual racists.

But not a one of those high schools have had a segregated prom in the last 50 years.

It's absurd.

posted on Mar, 30 2017 @ 09:15 PM
link   
a reply to: Gryphon66

I've lived here my entire life and racism has never really been prevalent at all in my experiences and my high school's and every high school in my area's proms were never segregated either.

You can't judge an entire state by a minority of racists, that's ridiculous.
edit on 3/30/2017 by 3NL1GHT3N3D1 because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 30 2017 @ 09:15 PM
link   
From news conference:

"The estimates [on bridge being fixed] I'm giving you are completely fictional and not based on fact"

Thanks so much for the help...

posted on Mar, 30 2017 @ 09:17 PM
link   

posted on Mar, 30 2017 @ 09:18 PM
link   

originally posted by: Gryphon66

Um. Georgia kinda does it to itself. Every year.

I've lived here 50 years as a gay man and I'm telling you that you don't know what the $#%@ you're talking about.

But, hey, since you don't care about hundreds of thousands of people's lives being screwed up by this ... keep quoting Wikipedia.

Well damn...just when I thought we would always be on opposite sides on ATS you come through with a post I can 100% agree with.

I'd say outside of any city in CA, Atlanta is likely the most diverse area in the country and plenty accepting of all walks of life.

My favorite cousin is gay and she just got married to her partner of 15 years and I was all up in that wedding having a blast. Probably one of the strongest couples and partnerships I have ever seen in my 40 years on this earth. Respect is an understatement.

Not to mention the African American community here. We have one of the largest, yet when all of the crap went down with every other city about black lives matter....somehow we didn't have any issues...even with protests.

Personally I love GA and always will. I'm a sweet tea and grits kinda guy.

posted on Mar, 30 2017 @ 09:19 PM
link   

originally posted by: 3NL1GHT3N3D1

I've lived here my entire life and racism has never really been prevalent at all in my experiences.

You can't judge an entire state by a minority of racists, that's ridiculous.

Well, I'll admit, I'm usually razzing on my conservative fellow Georgians, but as you say, most of them are good people. This is a major catastrophe that's going to cause real problems for weeks and maybe months. I can't believe anyone would basically say we deserve it based on Wikipedia.

new topics

top topics

<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join