It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

FBI Director James Comey Tried To Reveal Russian Tampering Months Before Election

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 30 2017 @ 02:42 PM
link   
Newsweek has published an article that claims FBI Director James Comey wanted to write an op-ed piece that says he wanted to "out" some info on the Russian/election investigations.

The claim is he wanted to write this last June or July !!!

But guess what?

The Obama Administration said "No" don't do that !!

Naturally, the Newsweek story is all based on .......... wait for it..

"two sources with knowledge of the matter tell Newsweek"

Apparently this new article is a propaganda piece. For what reasons is the question.

Some "updates" in the article attempt to "justify" the claims.

FBI Director James Comey Tried To Reveal Russian Tampering Months Before Election

FBI Director James Comey attempted to go public as early as the summer of 2016 with information on Russia’s campaign to influence the U.S. presidential election, but Obama administration officials blocked him from doing so, two sources with knowledge of the matter tell Newsweek.

Well before the Department of Homeland Security (DHS) and the Office of the Director of National Intelligence (DNI) accused the Russian government of tampering with the U.S. election in an October 7 statement, Comey pitched the idea of writing an op-ed about the Russian campaign during a meeting in the White House Situation Room in June or July.

“He had a draft of it or an outline. He held up a piece of paper in a meeting and said, ‘I want to go forward. What do people think of this?’” says a source with knowledge of the meeting, which included Secretary of State John Kerry, Attorney General Loretta Lynch, Department of Homeland Security Secretary Jeh Johnson and National Security Adviser Susan Rice.

edit on Mar-30-2017 by xuenchen because: classifiedclaims

posted on Mar, 30 2017 @ 02:47 PM
link   
a reply to: xuenchen

Why would the obama administration block that?
Wouldn't have the op-ed bode well for Hillary?

posted on Mar, 30 2017 @ 02:49 PM
link   
Lol comey is getting thrown under the bus to save obama and hitlery clinton ahahahhahhahahah. The only reason for an article like this to happen is because the dam is about to break on spygate i wondered why they pushed the russian collusion case sooo hard lately well yep here we are.

The obvious angle of this article to to say that the russian collusion case is legitimately a problem and that obama and comey discussed information about the case. Basically they are trying to justify obama spying on trump before the election! Something big is on the way in regards to spygate evidence. This whole dog and pony show about russian influence is being used as a reason to not convict an ex president because they want us to think he was doing it for the best interest of our country.
edit on 30-3-2017 by digital01anarchy because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 30 2017 @ 03:03 PM
link   
Guess where James Comey worked before getting his job at the FBI, wait for it... on the board of the Clinton Foundation. To make this conflict even worst, his brother done the accounting for this now defunct foundation as well. www.abovetopsecret.com...

posted on Mar, 30 2017 @ 03:05 PM
link   

since when has " writing op-eds " been part of the mandate of " director FBI " ?

posted on Mar, 30 2017 @ 03:08 PM
link   

This story was in the low-priority (rumor) section of FoxNews.com yesterday. Would only make sense if Obama wanted Hillary to LOSE.

posted on Mar, 30 2017 @ 03:18 PM
link   

YAWN ...

She lost guys, she lost ...

posted on Mar, 30 2017 @ 03:18 PM
link   

AG Lynch! BOOM! Well i could say i told you so but hey it's all just my imagination right? The russian election interference is bogus and was engineered by Obama and Hillary to justify the spying on Trump. It's the perfect scapegoat. Connecting the dots is so much fun. I hope Comey is gonna flip on both of them. I bet they are working on a deal right this second. I don't think Comey is ready or loyal for that matter that he would risk to go to jail for them.

posted on Mar, 30 2017 @ 03:19 PM
link   

I have to wonder if maybe you don't get the point of all this.

Notwithstanding the entire lack of any credible tangible evidence as "proof" that the Russians hacked the election, IF the MSM schills for the DNC repeat the idea over and over and over and over and over again endlessly ad infinitum, the "people", (read sheeple) will believe it.

Wasn't it Goebbels who said "you repeat a lie long enough, people will believe it"? And something to the effect that the bigger the lie, the more easily they'll accept it?

How long I wonder before the "Russians Hacked the Election" "deniers" will be called just that and lumped in with the "racist, homophobic, xenophobic, deplorables"? I'd be willing to bet money that even as I type, public school teachers have been taught to write the "Russians Hacked the Election" into their lesson plans. I can see it now, Coach Rumples to the eighth grade Boy/Girl, no.....that won't work, the eighth grade "peoples" gym class begins his safe sex talk with "Both before and since the Russians hacked the election of 2016 it was scientifically accepted that safe sex is sex while wearing a condom!"

It just never ends!

posted on Mar, 30 2017 @ 03:24 PM
link   

I hear the three stooges are looking into that:

posted on Mar, 30 2017 @ 03:26 PM
link   
a reply to: manuelram16

They have the answers for sure !!!!!

LOL

posted on Mar, 30 2017 @ 03:28 PM
link   

originally posted by: carewemust

This story was in the low-priority (rumor) section of FoxNews.com yesterday. Would only make sense if Obama wanted Hillary to LOSE.

No not necessarily. I guess the plan was to discredit Trump with the russian bs and Hillary could swoop in and save the day after she was elected. I don't think even for a second that we would see this much drama now if she had won. I believe something went wrong and parts of the Obama administration went rogue. The Sercret Service for example. Remember Hillary cheated and nothing happened.

The wildest theory i could think of would bethat Obama was on Trumps side all along. Clinton probably controlled Obama since 2008. Maybe he had enough and asked Trump for help. Obama could have asked some trusted members of his staff to leave breadcrumbs for Trump so he could take down all the corrupt politicians including Hillary.

posted on Mar, 30 2017 @ 03:30 PM
link   

Hmmm... if true, I wonder why come out with it now?

As far as why Obama might not have wanted Comey to go public, maybe Obama's just that noble and honorable that he didn't want to unfairly smear Trump's good name without absolute proof... haha! Just kidding.

Or maybe Obama was trying to be strategic and hold it as an October surprise against Trump, not realizing the damage would be done and irreversible by then...

Or maybe Obama really isn't Hillary's good friend and partner in crime and he was hoping the leaks would so damage her it would take her out of the game permanently... I hear he doesn't like competition

posted on Mar, 30 2017 @ 03:30 PM
link   
a reply to: TonyS

It wasn't the russians it was a part of the CIA to make it look like the russians did it. I read the Vault 7 files about their fancy spytools. It's really scary stuff.

posted on Mar, 30 2017 @ 03:41 PM
link   
This is what you call a contingency plan it wasn't used to attack trump during the election but only if they lost the election was it to be used as a means to discredit trump. They are hiding something massive that they dont want donald around because it would destroy trust in the government completely.

posted on Mar, 30 2017 @ 03:44 PM
link   
a reply to: Perfectenemy

Yea, I read that as well and it makes perfect sense.

For some reason, the "Deep State" is all up and worried, or is determined to pick a fight with the Russians and for what reason........I can't divine.

posted on Mar, 30 2017 @ 03:57 PM
link   

Well, well, well, is all Russia's fault.

They are the ones that told Obama to say no.

posted on Mar, 30 2017 @ 04:02 PM
link   
a reply to: digital01anarchy

I agree, darn I agree, the whole hearing affair is to take away attention from something bigger, but guess what I hope the leaks comes out soon to make out what it is.

posted on Mar, 30 2017 @ 04:03 PM
link   
a reply to: TonyS

The deep state hates Trump because he is anti establishment, he is not part of the elite politicians and a danger to their status quo.

posted on Mar, 30 2017 @ 04:14 PM
link   
Respectable news outlets like Newsweek both vet their sources for credibility and don't release their sources names sometimes to protect their privacy. It is an entirely normal process, some would say even a vital one for a democracy.

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join