It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Creepy video of maid acting really strange

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 30 2017 @ 02:32 PM
link   

A creepy video of a maid apparently being possessed by something. This could very well be a hoax or she could very well be faking it or she could very well just be cray cray. Either way, # is creepy as hell. That arm swing though.

Link

Caught on camera.

After watching footage from surveillance cameras, Nurul Baker noticed her maid’s strange behavior in the middle of the night.

In the creepy video, the maid is seen walking around Baker’s Singapore home with her body bent forward and her hands behind her back.

Somebody left a comment;

This kind of fake possession very common. Don’t fall for it.

My maid did it previously and she confessed that this was what all the other maids told each other to do if they wanted an exit strategy.

Can somebody vouch for this? Why not just quit? If she's faking it, she's pretty damn good and should probably try out for the next Ring movie.

ETA: The camera is not panning left and right, it's the person recording the monitor!
edit on 30-3-2017 by knowledgehunter0986 because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 30 2017 @ 02:40 PM
link   
a reply to: knowledgehunter0986

Sleepwalking?

posted on Mar, 30 2017 @ 02:43 PM
link   

Strange sh*t....true or not, time for a new maid.

posted on Mar, 30 2017 @ 02:43 PM
link   

Drugs are bad, kids.

posted on Mar, 30 2017 @ 02:45 PM
link   
a reply to: Peeple

That's a possibility too. Who knows.

The way she swings her arm up seems very unnatural and almost robotic like.

posted on Mar, 30 2017 @ 02:48 PM
link   
a reply to: slapjacks

I don't think it was drugs, she could very well be crazy though.

Or maybe she was possessed

posted on Mar, 30 2017 @ 02:53 PM
link   

Not sure if the quote from the story is implying that the employer viewed the footage some time after the events or while they were happening. If it was a later discovery, then it's definitely an hoax as the camera pans to where to person is pointing and then pans back.

posted on Mar, 30 2017 @ 02:56 PM
link   
Well, possession isn't real... So, hoax is much more logical.

posted on Mar, 30 2017 @ 02:56 PM
link   
a reply to: TobyFlenderson

The camera doesn't move, it's the cameraman videotaping the computer screen.

posted on Mar, 30 2017 @ 03:01 PM
link   

originally posted by: Peeple

Sleepwalking?

Seems a very obvious explanation to me.

posted on Mar, 30 2017 @ 03:01 PM
link   
Right, a video obviously edited and camera movement. That wasn't a surveillance camera but made to look like one in post production. Student film horror project.

posted on Mar, 30 2017 @ 03:03 PM
link   
a reply to: TobyFlenderson

No... someone is filming their monitor and pans across the monitor, it wasn't the original "nanny cam" moving.

And as to the "possession is not real" below the one I'm replying to, are you sure about that? I would've agreed with you before certain personal incidents made me think it IS possible.. .as disturbing as that is.

I don't tie religion to it, but disembodied intelligence does seem to exist and they do seem to occasionally take up residence in people... but I certainly get the skepticism.

As to this video... creepy and who the heck knows if it's "real" or art? Though likely real, as it doesn't have the usual tip offs of a "hoax" or art .. .just someone acting weird, as folks do.

(eta) And sleepwalking IS the likely answer.. .though it wouldn't surprise me if some rare "sleepwalking" were actually short term "possession."

edit on 3/30/2017 by Baddogma because: add- format

posted on Mar, 30 2017 @ 03:05 PM
link   
a reply to: olaru12

The camera doesn't actually move, it's the person recording the monitor. But everything else you said could be true.

posted on Mar, 30 2017 @ 03:05 PM
link   

I'm not sure I'd feel safe sleeping in the same house with someone who is up in the middle of the night acting strange and possessed.

posted on Mar, 30 2017 @ 03:07 PM
link   
a reply to: Baddogma

Great point you made. Possession itself may not have anything to do with religion. I think it's quite naive for anyone to dismiss "possession" considering there is so little we actually know about reality itself.
edit on 30-3-2017 by knowledgehunter0986 because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 30 2017 @ 03:28 PM
link   
"This kind of fake possession very common. Don’t fall for it.

My maid did it previously and she confessed that this was what all the other maids told each other to do if they wanted an exit strategy."

These maids usually come from other countries like Burma and the Philippines to try to make some money but end up getting roped into a debt-spiral where they're just working off the debt they've accumulated to the maid service that employs them. The maid services charge them a fee just to set them up to be employed.

So I wonder if they're basically just trying to act creepy so they'll get fired by the home owners and the agency in the hopes they can go home.

posted on Mar, 30 2017 @ 03:29 PM
link   

Fake. A surveillance camera wouldnt swing shakily left when she points at the beginning...so someone was operating then....not "after watching the surveillance cameras..."

No...someone else was there and filming as though planned...not stationary cameras

posted on Mar, 30 2017 @ 03:35 PM
link   
a reply to: Slanter

It is possible, but I can think of so many other ways to get fired. Why this? This would attach some type of stigma to your name where I could see it effecting the rest of your life.

"Yea I got fired because.. possessed"

posted on Mar, 30 2017 @ 03:37 PM
link   
a reply to: mysterioustranger

Man I think I need to add this to my OP.

The CCTV isn't moving, it's the person recording the computer monitor.

posted on Mar, 30 2017 @ 03:52 PM
link   

I'm not entirely sure, but looking at message boards people are claiming maids do this so they'll be "sent home." I wonder if they just quit, while still owing money to their employers, they get imprisoned or further fined. Same goes for just "doing a bad job" and getting fired, there might be negative repercussions. The only thing I can think of is maybe scaring the crap out of homeowners is a way to be unemployable without actually shirking your duties.

top topics

<<   2 >>

join