It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Most Beautiful Spiders in the World! [PIC HEAVY]

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 30 2017 @ 06:33 PM
link   
I am going to go scorpions over spiders, they can glow in the dark
The scorpion doesn't seem to attract the fear that spiders do, I guess because they are not as common.

I would take a spider over a cocaroach any day

posted on Mar, 30 2017 @ 07:10 PM
link   

originally posted by: Raggedyman
I am going to go scorpions over spiders, they can glow in the dark
The scorpion doesn't seem to attract the fear that spiders do, I guess because they are not as common.

I would take a spider over a cocaroach any day

The "glow" that you see is derived from a black-light, not actual darkness.

The same effect occurs in many species of spider as well

Here's some more info on it: Link

posted on Mar, 30 2017 @ 09:34 PM
link   
Daddy long legs are handy to keep around the house. While not fancy unless someone likes the extra long legs, they take care of pesky brown recluses and hobo spiders.

posted on Mar, 31 2017 @ 01:59 AM
link   
I have been bit by a brown recluse and stung by a scorpion in bed;
Memories that are forever etched in my mind, but I still love the beauty of the little critters.
Thanks, OP, for posting the amazing photos.

posted on Mar, 31 2017 @ 04:52 AM
link   
a reply to: Ghost147

Very pretty Ghost. I think a nice companion piece may be on the ones that spin webs?
I like spiders and especially their webs. When I go to the woods, I often look for them and take pictures (with my crap phone) and although I am not a skilled photographer I think some of them turn out very pretty.
I happened across a funnel weaver last year and he hung out in the web watching me watching him.

Not the best picture I've ever taken but, the web was just so cool. You can't see him in this photo as he had scooted back deep.

posted on Mar, 31 2017 @ 04:59 AM
link   
Think you missed a spider . Look left .

posted on Mar, 31 2017 @ 07:07 AM
link   

originally posted by: thegeneraldisarray

Fixed it for you! I was thinking about these dancing Peacock Spider videos as soon as I saw this thread!

I had several "pet" Cane Spiders when I lived in Hawaii. One loved to hang out on our mirrored wall in the living room and play with its reflections. It was fun to watch! They're harmless, but huge!

They're great hunters and ate household cockroaches (Hawaii's state bird" and (biting) ants!

posted on Mar, 31 2017 @ 08:48 AM
link   

originally posted by: Ghost147
In fact, I used to have several different kinds of arachnids and arthropods as pets, and have worked with or alongside them on many occasions, some nearly the size of dinner plates (Goliath Bird Eating Tarantula)

This guy?

Here's a cool looking little guy

posted on Mar, 31 2017 @ 11:24 AM
link   

originally posted by: Krazysh0t

originally posted by: Ghost147
In fact, I used to have several different kinds of arachnids and arthropods as pets, and have worked with or alongside them on many occasions, some nearly the size of dinner plates (Goliath Bird Eating Tarantula)

This guy?

That's the one

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join