It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Senate Intelligence Committee hearing on Russia March 30 2017

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 30 2017 @ 11:52 AM
link   
a reply to: dawnstar

Is not going to be a war, dawnstar, at least no in the conflict old fashioned way, wars now a days are of the mind, but then again psychological wars has been around for decades.

US will no go into an armed conflict with another superpower those days are gone.

edit on 30-3-2017 by marg6043 because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 30 2017 @ 11:54 AM
link   
a reply to: marg6043

yep, that is what the gov't would have to do to counter act this...
but what could we, the people do?? I mean surely, at least most of us, most certainly our journalists, should be able to do a little research, use a little common sense before we buy into some of these outrageous stories that have been floated around, can't they?

posted on Mar, 30 2017 @ 11:57 AM
link   

originally posted by: marg6043

US will no go into an armed conflict with another superpower those days are gone.

But we will continue to go to war with other smaller powers and the alliances could very well lead us into a broader and more deadly confrontation with another superpower.

Submarines from all superpowers are prowling the seas armed with nukes.....why is that? The doomsday clock is still ticking and Armageddon is only 6 minutes away.
edit on 30-3-2017 by olaru12 because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 30 2017 @ 11:57 AM
link   
Watched it for a while and it is pretty good. Things I noticed.

Some of the Democrats ask important questions trying to find out what is needed. Others are trying to steer things so that the people they are questioning will respond only to make what they want to believe or show as real. There were three of the senators on the Democrat side,that I saw that were trying to bash the Republicans and especially Trump. Two were actually sensible with their questions.

On the Republican side, of course they promote republican beliefs, but some of the senators actually wanted to find out the truth. Others were in protection mode, I suppose because of what some of the Democrats were doing. There are Republicans and Democrats wanting to actually figure this out but there are some that are actually complicating things.

The people they are questioning are actually pretty knowledgeable and they say that this new system of open vast communication may be a problem and we should at least have an organization that rates news as fake or real. But it seems like the Democrats are more against this than the Republicans. That should be a sign of some sorts.

Seems like the majority of Democrats questioning are trying to disrupt the truth way more than the Republicans are in the probably fourty minutes that I watched, My computer got locked up by the app so I had to quit.

The intelligence people are trying to say, in my oppinion, that they did not realize in this open media we have in this country that so many people or countries can actually sway the way things are interpretted by the public. I see this as a great problem too. It is not only the Russians that do this, it is our allies that do this and also the European Union that wants us as puppets. Even the Chinese want to influence us to buy their goods, so does every country.

Even the Senators that were trying to railroad this to show what they wanted it to show, still asked a few good questions. It seemed reasonable questions went out the door shortly though, they are trying to cause chaos. We need impartial people on this committee to get to the bottom of it. Numes seems pretty impartial to me, but he is a republican so he will be a little bias on what he looks at. I would never trust a Democrat in charge, Numes seems reasonable. He seems like he wants to look at everything, even stuff that is controvercial. The Dems of course do not want him prying into the truth about some of what he is investigating.

I personally think that Hillary actually sabataged her campaign because she is such a deceiver. Around here most people knew about all the things she did wrong, most people wanted Bernie to be running. It was just who was considered the lesser of two evils by voters that won this election. A majority of the states choice was Trump. No doubt in my mind that Bernie would have won if Hillary didn't sabotage his campaign. That was the straw that broke the camels back.

It is just propaganda that comes out of Russia, that is nothing new. They are happy with all this turmoil in our society. I will not deny that. They won this battle. Our government was side tracked with ISIS, our media actually is making things worse by choosing sides. They should be impartial, just stating the evidence to let us decide, but lately they are forcing an opinion, not giving the news. That needs to stop, they are twisting things way more than they should be allowed to. In this instance, they are improperly supporting Democrat propaganda. Yes, both political parties use propaganda.

posted on Mar, 30 2017 @ 11:59 AM
link   

you can't rule over a mind that is being ruled well by it's owner marg....
just like every other power play, they only have the control people chose to allow them to have.

posted on Mar, 30 2017 @ 12:23 PM
link   
I wonder if Hillary and CIA conspired to hack DNC. If she won, it would have been no issue. If she lost, she play the victim card. It would have been a win win scenario for her. If she has nothing to hide, then why not allow FBI to examine the DNC servers to see who hacked DNC in June 2016?

posted on Mar, 30 2017 @ 12:29 PM
link   
I was at work and was unable to watch. Was anything discovered or was it the same silly questions we hear at every hearing?

posted on Mar, 30 2017 @ 12:33 PM
link   
Been watching for awhile and here's what I'm getting: The internet is bad for truth and the Russians are much smarter than us. Oh, and sites like ATS (conspiracy related) are mere pawns and puppets to Putin's worldview and helpless against them.

Oh, one more: Hillary got unfairly screwed.

edit on 30-3-2017 by The GUT because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 30 2017 @ 12:40 PM
link   
Let's just concede that Russia "weaponized" the media. Next let's figure out how egregious of a crime that is. What should the penalty be? Then, let's apply that same penalty to the DNC:

posted on Mar, 30 2017 @ 01:30 PM
link   

You know me well, we have been here for a long time, I love debating, but I like to do research, be sarcastic and beat theories, but at the end of the day I am pretty good at see what is going on and the effects on me, the people, the population and the nation overall.

Politics will never be lame again that is for sure.

posted on Mar, 30 2017 @ 02:36 PM
link   
Cant watch this witch hunt without feeling like Im being sold a lemon! Influenced elections are only addressed when a non established politician wins?

I really hope hillary runs again so we get to laugh at her supporters even harder this next time. Every trump supporter is watching this and not believing a word of it as all this is doing is cementing the dems belief in this story and nobody elses. How many times have they been wrong? The dnc was hacked by russians lol now crowdstrike walked back their assessment and the awlan brothers get caught with their hands in the cookie jar. The 4chan fan fiction dossier that had donald trump getting peed on by russian hookers in anime pajamas lol and we still have dems on here saying not all of it is fake lol really!

The dems pushing this are total and utter loonie tunes like nancy pelosi and chuck schumer.

posted on Mar, 30 2017 @ 02:44 PM
link   
a reply to: digital01anarchy

Cant watch this witch hunt without feeling like Im being sold a lemon! Influenced elections are only addressed when a non established politician wins?

This!!!

Thank you
This post made my day

posted on Mar, 30 2017 @ 03:39 PM
link   
a reply to: marg6043

Yes.......we have meddling in our elections because they use black box voting machines and the votes are tallied behind closed doors. No paper ballots, no impartial oversight of tallies, no fair elections.

Our county is doing away with paper and going to black box voting machines........I won't be voting anymore, which is probably the desired result.

posted on Mar, 30 2017 @ 03:52 PM
link   

Like I said before, we are not going to war, the war is been wagged right now, a psychological one we are nothing but an experiment and has been for quite some time.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2   >>

join