It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Transgender woman wins international weightlifting title amid controversy over fairness

page: 3
<< 1  2    4 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 30 2017 @ 06:39 PM
link   
a reply to: Deaf Alien

Show me a single XXY that could compete.

posted on Mar, 30 2017 @ 06:40 PM
link   
a reply to: DrStevenBrule

That isn't the point, is it? I've destroyed your argument.

posted on Mar, 30 2017 @ 06:42 PM
link   

Actually you've just proven how immensely insignificant your argument is.

edit on 30-3-2017 by DrStevenBrule because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 30 2017 @ 06:43 PM
link   

No you're the one who suggested checking the chromosomes. How about the intersex people? Are you going to place them according to their appearance?

posted on Mar, 30 2017 @ 06:45 PM
link   

No if people want to split hairs on this, split it all the way down to the DNA level.

There are two sexual chromosomal pairings. Two genders. Any more than that and you are being intellectually dishonest.

In the extremely rare case that someone has a genetic mutation of the sexual chromosomes they compete in the one of the two groups voted on by an independent outside mediator.

posted on Mar, 30 2017 @ 06:48 PM
link   

Sex is biological. Gender is a social construct.

Ever seen a lesbian of masculine appearance (I won't use that word here as per T&C)? I've met a few and sometimes it's hard to tell.
I know quite a few who can take on few men. LOL.

edit on 3/30/2017 by Deaf Alien because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 30 2017 @ 06:52 PM
link   

I agree with your observations here but....

Tell that to mother nature when the lesbian with a masculine appearance can't get her female lover pregnant.

posted on Mar, 30 2017 @ 06:52 PM
link   

That is off topic.

posted on Mar, 30 2017 @ 07:28 PM
link   

originally posted by: DrStevenBrule

No if people want to split hairs on this, split it all the way down to the DNA level.

There are two sexual chromosomal pairings. Two genders. Any more than that and you are being intellectually dishonest.

In the extremely rare case that someone has a genetic mutation of the sexual chromosomes they compete in the one of the two groups voted on by an independent outside mediator.

It's not that rare and it's not exact. There are several gender markers and DNA isn't the most reliable of them. Neurobiological markers, for example, seem to be more accurate and they often don't match chromosomes (as in the case of folks with gender dysphoria).

Do you know what your chromosomes are? I'd bet you don't. Because you can't unless you take a karyotype blood test and they cost a fortune. All you can do is guess because most men have one type and most women have another. Chromosomes are a correlation and have very little to do with your actual sex. But you could guess things about your brain matter and sex-specific neuroreceptors that would be virtually 100% accurate, certainly more accurate than chromosomes.

Why is this relevant? Because chromosomes don't mean # yet people keep bringing it up.

posted on Mar, 30 2017 @ 08:00 PM
link   
Welcome to the New World Order, where up is down, right is wrong, and men are women.

posted on Mar, 30 2017 @ 08:04 PM
link   
a reply to: Konduit

That's the plan of the New World Order? To turn every men into women and women into men?

posted on Mar, 31 2017 @ 12:01 AM
link   

originally posted by: iTruthSeeker
a reply to: Abysha

n one, you have the bigot rednecks who misgender and refuse to acknowledge the athletes by their gender.

Your kidding right? Just because someone modifies themselves does not in any way shape or form change their gender. By that logic, if I put on a lion mask, what am I now? Am I a human male with a lion mask, or a real lion?

Exhibit A.

posted on Mar, 31 2017 @ 07:41 AM
link   

The plan is to destroy the family unit and institute a forum of equality/uniformity race wise.

Essentially to turn us all in to drones that lack empathy and can be easily manipulated because by then we will have little or no value, moral compass, or ability to think for ourselves.

posted on Mar, 31 2017 @ 02:28 PM
link   
a reply to: Abysha

Exhibit B.

I'm with you though. This dude is legit king of the jungle.

posted on Apr, 25 2017 @ 11:19 PM
link   
This thread reminded me of the similar scandal a couple of months ago about the unfairness surrounding a transgender male teenager who practiced wrestling. He was denied to compete in the male division because of his legal status as a woman, and forced to compete in the women's league (this happened in the USA), he was on testosterone therapy, and won. People thought it was unfair that he had won because of his testosterone levels, but then again it was equally unfair that he was not allowed to participate in the male division: the division he SHOULD have been participating as someone who identifies as male and is going through a transitioning process.

As a transgender male myself, I find some of the comments on this thread really ignorant and bigoted. If this lady identified as a woman and was on HRT, she had all the right to participate in her due category. I am of course not well versed on the laws and specifications for categories in NZ (or in another country for that fact) when regarding hormone levels in order to participate.

The fact remains, and some of the people in the thread try to disprove, that SHE is a FEMALE simply because she identifies as one, with the added weight of an already ongoing medical transition. It is the 21st century, people, we can't continue to see the world on binary terms, and even the most recent biology studies prove that both gender and sex come in a spectrum and the "chromosome pairs" we have been taught since middle school are actually not the only factors to determine sex and that in fact there are triads of chromosomes in the ADN that define this characteristics.

Just my two cents to the conversation, speaking from the perspective of a transguy who eventually wants to compete professionally on MMA events.

posted on Apr, 26 2017 @ 01:07 AM
link   
a reply to: andy06shake

So how are they forcing you to watch tv shows and lectures about transgenderism? How is it destroying your family? You must be that weak to begin with.
Caring about less than 1% of the population? LOL. You gotta appreciate the propaganda of Fox News and Breitbart.

posted on Apr, 26 2017 @ 01:09 AM
link   
a reply to: Bobaganoosh

Yeah that man has a brain of a lion. Yep perfect comparison.

posted on Apr, 26 2017 @ 01:16 AM
link   
Hey we should create artificial wombs for men and grow babies in them!

posted on Apr, 26 2017 @ 01:29 AM
link   
a reply to: Willtell

Like Arnold Schwarzenegger did?
Be careful what you wish for.

posted on Apr, 26 2017 @ 01:37 AM
link   

Bring it on…medical science is the new god and can do anything…right?

Even bring that little alien you go there in on it and do a threesome!

<< 1  2    4 >>

join