It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

NEW - Feel Wind and Temperature While in Virtual Reality

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Mar, 30 2017 @ 09:08 AM
link   
Who needs real life? Soon, VR will offer the total full-sensory package. No news on the brain power component though.

Get ready to feel the wind in your hair, the sun on your back and coming soon, smells, vibrations and actual emotions. Who needs a mind when the sensual experience is so complete?

Now You Can Feel Wind and Temperature While in Virtual Reality

...researchers from the National University of Singapore believe VR shouldn’t just cater to sight and sound. For the ultimate VR experience, other senses should come into play as well.

Last year, Nimesha Ranasinghe and his team demonstrated how electrodes can be used to add a sense of taste to VR. Their latest accessory, Ambiotherm, adds another element of realism to the experience: atmosphere.

...Next up for the team? Amping up the VR experience via smell and vibrations, as well as learning how human emotion can be augmented and applied to multi-sensory VR.

posted on Mar, 30 2017 @ 09:12 AM
link   
a reply to: soficrow

But what if we are already in a virtual reality? Then it would be a virtual reality within a virtual reality

edit on 30-3-2017 by FauxMulder because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 30 2017 @ 09:16 AM
link   

Yeah, we're a long way off yet. from this dystopian reality you envisage.

Personally, I'd love to be able to 'plug in' and experience things I would not otherwise experience.

Hell, people jump out of perfectly working planes for the same reason, but us earthbounders don't shun them for their new fancy desires...

posted on Mar, 30 2017 @ 09:32 AM
link   
Sounds good, but VR goggles is hot enough..so unless its gonna simulate cooler temp, then best to leave that bit as is.

I want a glove to slip on that will allow me to "feel" things..resistance and such. A mechanical bone structured glove would be a very sweet addition..touch should be the next focus.
Smell?...well, most VR would be unpleasant to smell (wargames, eros, etc) so not really a priority imo.

Visuals, audio, and touch is good me thinks for now to focus on perfecting before adding any other sense in.

posted on Mar, 30 2017 @ 09:43 AM
link   
I can't wait for the transhumanists to lose themselves in a virtual reality.

That way we'll no longer have to contend with them in the real one. While they're sitting around in machines drooling like junkies, the world is ours for the taking.

Muahaha.

posted on Mar, 30 2017 @ 09:52 AM
link   

lol.

posted on Apr, 1 2017 @ 07:38 AM
link   

Virtual reality will never be truly convincing until we create a direct interface connection to the brain allowing us to hijack and stimulate all our scenes at once thus convince our mind of any illusory reality we choose to project.

Fact is through once we achieve such a feat reality becomes rather subjective.

new topics

top topics

join