It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Handing out sticks

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 30 2017 @ 11:57 AM
link   
a reply to: jacygirl

I just want to say that your OP was really beautiful...I hope it touches many wounded hearts and minds.

I also want to say that I'm really sorry for saying you smear walrus blubber on your butt.

posted on Mar, 30 2017 @ 01:55 PM
link   
jacy - beautiful OP. And so true.

The anonymity of online communities is both a blessing and a curse. Thank you for adding to the "blessing" of it.

posted on Mar, 30 2017 @ 02:07 PM
link   
I think your sentiments are very good.
I seem to lack in that area myself.
Not that i don't sympathize.
I do.
Unfortunately when I try to hand out sticks it turns out to be unknowingly by me ..
poison ivy.

posted on Mar, 30 2017 @ 02:17 PM
link   
a reply to: Errollorre

That's better than snakes or stick insects, Sir Palindrome.

posted on Mar, 30 2017 @ 02:31 PM
link   

OK, What's Brown and Sticky?

... A STICK!!

Thank you for a lovely thread message.
Now I'm feeling all Sticky!

BigG

posted on Mar, 30 2017 @ 03:01 PM
link   

originally posted by: knowledgehunter0986

Hi Jacy! Don't ever lose your spirit, you are a wonderful human being and we need more people like you.

crappiekat and knowledgehunter...Thank you for being part of my stick supply team!

Sometimes I just need to feel less alone, and having friends around the world usually means that somebody will be online when I log on.
I'm happy that you both came to visit me here.

Edit: Oh geez, I just saw that I have an entire page of replies to catch up on! Oh wait, no...half the page is Sir Smart-Arse! Will be back in a flash!
jacy
edit on 30-3-2017 by jacygirl because: *snickers*

posted on Mar, 30 2017 @ 03:03 PM
link   
There are so many people who are struggling with one thing or another. Life can become overwhelming and we all need love and support through those challenges and dark hours.

You have brought so much love and light to people's lives just by being you and have made a huge difference in those lives.
This is an amazing community of people who have gathered together for others in times of need. We are always here for you my Sunshine and we know that you here for us as well, in spite of whatever you yourself may be going through.

There was a time when you were away and it affected me deeply, brought tears to my eyes not knowing how you were, not seeing your love and humor to brighten my days. I worried myself sick. Since you have been back, it has been like a breath of fresh air and you have brought much laughter and joy. I am proud to call you friend.

Like a ripple affect, our love and light spreads far and wide.

posted on Mar, 30 2017 @ 03:22 PM
link   
Wow, just wow.

I have opened the 'reply' box at the top of this page, right next to TAT's reply to me...and I've gotta say, this thread did NOT go the way I expected.

I don't know if anyone remembers reading my op, but I was pretty much thanking all of you for being the kind supportive people that I get my 'sticks' from....and how that is what enables me to continue going out into the world and giving to others.

Somehow, I guess I threw out a little love...and have received it back in abundance!
Is this a conspiracy, did I just unlock "The Secret"??

Is it that simple? If we give a little, even when we are really needing to take....do we somehow attract the very thing that we need? (words to pontificate and I'm not being facetious)

I'm very grateful for all your kind words, and am sorry to be putting this in one bulk response. Just honestly overwhelmed and okay with admitting it.
jacy

posted on Mar, 30 2017 @ 03:28 PM
link   

Powerful thread my dear friend! How could you not get back what you have given out yourself? You have been an inspiring force and love is being returned to you.

posted on Mar, 30 2017 @ 04:11 PM
link   
Here you go!

Keep on dancing to the beat of your own drum.

And remember: Sing like nobody is listening, dance like nobody is watching, and love like you'll never be hurt!

posted on Mar, 30 2017 @ 04:14 PM
link   

Hello Stick-Woman.

Remember as children, we would often try to fix things with sticks?

From all of the comments here: it appears you have become an expert.

But mostly just wanted to say that it's amazing, how you see strength where most others see weakness.
You are blessed with deep understanding.

Peace be with you.

posted on Mar, 30 2017 @ 05:33 PM
link   

Nice thread Jace !

I hope your message cracks a couple of the tough nuts on here ...

Now will people stop throwing sticks before someone loses an eye !

posted on Mar, 30 2017 @ 07:51 PM
link   

originally posted by: jacygirl

originally posted by: Raggedyman
Nice to do these things in the written world of the net but
Really, shouldn't we be applying this in the real world, and how?

And let's not call them sticks, how about love compassion and encouragement.
Most times you need to walk through the jungles with others, it's nice to have more than a stick as company

Hi Raggedyman!
I guess that was my point, lol.

I do try to spend my time handing out sticks, which to me translates to mean "hope, love, compassion, encouragement, etc."
The reason I'm able to do this is because of the love & support that I get from my friends here. They lift me up when I am down, make me laugh, send me private messages and basically fill my "love cup" enough that I can then share out in the real world. (I voluntarily am care-giving 3 people right now)

Without their sticks, I would only feel sorry for myself and my ability to keep giving love would likely diminish.
Thank you for taking the time to read and reply!
jacy

I was in no way denying or questioning that you were handing out sticks and the value of those sticks, they are important

I was just translating what those sticks were for people like

Interesting the Marine analogy, Marines are a tight group of fighting men who would lay down their lives for another, who form a life long bond
The sticks are good, no question, being there is better

Thank you for taking the time to post the threda!

posted on Mar, 30 2017 @ 09:55 PM
link   
I'm not familiar with the sticks but it makes sense. Plus learn something new every day. This is a great thread to help others out, thanks!

posted on May, 3 2017 @ 12:39 PM
link   

Sometimes all we need is a friend with sticks. You make a beautiful friend Jacy. Thank you for being yourself. HUGS.

new topics

<< 1   >>

join