It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

HB2 repealed

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 30 2017 @ 08:19 AM
link   
www.reuters.com...

North Carolina Republican lawmakers said late on Wednesday they had reached a deal to repeal the state's controversial law prohibiting transgender people from using restrooms in accordance with their gender identities. The compromise, reached with Democratic Governor Roy Cooper and set to go before the legislature for a vote Thursday morning, would still ban local municipalities, schools and others from regulating bathroom access. It would also effectively forbid cities from offering their own job and restroom protections to vulnerable groups for nearly four years. “Compromise requires give and take from all sides, and we are pleased this proposal fully protects bathroom safety and privacy,” the state's top Republican lawmakers, Senate leader Phil Berger and House of Representatives Speaker Tim Moore, said in a statement released late Wednesday.

So, now that the agenda is complete and the conservative governor has been removed, this can all be put behind us. Sure we lost quite possibly one of the best leaders this state has ever seen, but at least now, the transgender folks (all 3 of them) can finally relieve their bladders. It must have been hell to hold it for that long.

This is seriously one of the most blatant, pathetic, political snow jobs I have seen in my lifetime. Using the fringe group of the LGBTQ community to push an agenda, and having the whole country invested in it for a few weeks was a serious black eye for North Carolina. Thanks Charlotte. I hope it was worth it.

Now that everything is back to the way it was before HB2, it begs the question.......where are the transgender folks going to piss now? (I suspect the same place they did before)

I just wonder of the City of Charlotte will be sending out thank you letters to the transgender folks that were used for this period of time.

posted on Mar, 30 2017 @ 08:23 AM
link   
a reply to: network dude

Your beloved leader cost the state nearly 4 billion.

Nobody asked for the bill. The amount of people asling for the intervention, the state to call emergency session, was a miniscule minority.

Sounds like you have quite an anti agenda.

posted on Mar, 30 2017 @ 08:26 AM
link   

Yeah this had nothing to do with LGBT and everything to do with a misguided law that nobody asked for, nobody needed and hurt the state.

And why was all this done? Because the conservatives in the state decided they knew what was best for people.

all 3 of them)

So you mean to tell me the State Gov went through all this because they were afraid of 3 people raping children and molesting women in bathrooms?

Lol.

You just showed how silly this whole thing was with that comment.

~Tenth

posted on Mar, 30 2017 @ 08:29 AM
link   
a reply to: luthier

I think you 100% don't grasp what this was about or how it happened. Perhaps even more.

The leadership of NC reacted to the city of Charlotte ludicrous bathroom bill, which spawned HB2. Had Charlotte not tried to be the Transgender capitol of the world, none of this would have happened. There was no way the conservative leadership in a staunchly republican state in the center of the Bible belt could not react to this, which is exactly why it was enacted in the first place. It was a political ploy.

posted on Mar, 30 2017 @ 08:32 AM
link   
a reply to: tothetenthpower

the "3 of them" was what we call "hyperbole", I'll send you a link to explain that in case you need further clarification on the matter.

But yes, this was indeed a whole circle jerk that never needed to happen, all to fulfill an agenda, and it used the LGBTQ community for that purpose. (and they sit quietly by waiting for the next opportunity to be used)

posted on Mar, 30 2017 @ 08:34 AM
link   

originally posted by: tothetenthpower

Yeah this had nothing to do with LGBT and everything to do with a misguided law that nobody asked for, nobody needed and hurt the state.

And why was all this done? Because the conservatives in the state decided they knew what was best for people.

all 3 of them)

So you mean to tell me the State Gov went through all this because they were afraid of 3 people raping children and molesting women in bathrooms?

Lol.

You just showed how silly this whole thing was with that comment.

~Tenth

I think the real reason they turned it over is they found out explaining why someone with breasts is at the urinal to their son was harder than than alternative.

In my opinion as a conservative the real problem is some folks want Trans folks to stay hidden and are bothered by their existence alone.

The truth is we are all under a social contract.

If you are a person who believes in modesty changeing rooms should have private stalls, if it's religious you should have a public waiver or magnet like school for a specific public local population.

When you want to live in the greater society you just have to admit people have rights, regardless of if you agree with them.

The perverted crimes are done daily on college campuses. Usually related to parties, drugged drinks, and frats these congressman were part of.
edit on 30-3-2017 by luthier because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 30 2017 @ 08:34 AM
link   

It was a no-win situation.

Too many on either side had a political agenda.

The smart move would have been to do nothing. Let people be people.

We're talking about a place to void ones bladder.

In the grand scheme of things, it shouldn't ever matter what bathroom you use.

posted on Mar, 30 2017 @ 08:35 AM
link   

No, that's not the reality here.

Conservatives freaked out over nothing, nothing at all. and created a whole problem for THEMSELVES.

The backlash only started once the Gov and the legislature went ape sh.t bananas and tried everything they could to fight an ordinance that did not affect them.

Not one bit. THEY were the ones that politicised it because of their religion, or morals or whatever else they wanna claim to be their high ground. If THEY had not done that, nothing would have come of it.

Now had it been the other way around, where the state started it and the LGBT community tried to intervene and then caused problems I would agree with you. But that's not what happened.

The state did this to themselves by trying to legislate something they had no business legislating in the first place.

~Tenth

posted on Mar, 30 2017 @ 08:36 AM
link   

originally posted by: DBCowboy

It was a no-win situation.

Too many on either side had a political agenda.

The smart move would have been to do nothing. Let people be people.

We're talking about a place to void ones bladder.

In the grand scheme of things, it shouldn't ever matter what bathroom you use.

That's exactly my point. The state made a mountain out of a mole hill and it bit them in the ass. You cant' blame the LGBT community for that.

~Tenth

posted on Mar, 30 2017 @ 08:37 AM
link   

originally posted by: network dude

I think you 100% don't grasp what this was about or how it happened. Perhaps even more.

The leadership of NC reacted to the city of Charlotte ludicrous bathroom bill, which spawned HB2. Had Charlotte not tried to be the Transgender capitol of the world, none of this would have happened. There was no way the conservative leadership in a staunchly republican state in the center of the Bible belt could not react to this, which is exactly why it was enacted in the first place. It was a political ploy.

Oh I do, I live an hour away. I am a libertarian conservative. The entire thing was a stunt and un called for. As was the Governors childish moves when he left office.

And just so you understand the reality Charlotte is a boom city because of finance. The talent being drawn into the city is international and diverse. Local laws should be able to be shaped by its local society.

You so called conservatives are religious progressives. Not conservative at all.

posted on Mar, 30 2017 @ 08:46 AM
link   

No, that's not the reality here.

Conservatives freaked out over nothing, nothing at all. and created a whole problem for THEMSELVES.

The backlash only started once the Gov and the legislature went ape sh.t bananas and tried everything they could to fight an ordinance that did not affect them.

Not one bit. THEY were the ones that politicised it because of their religion, or morals or whatever else they wanna claim to be their high ground. If THEY had not done that, nothing would have come of it.

Now had it been the other way around, where the state started it and the LGBT community tried to intervene and then caused problems I would agree with you. But that's not what happened.

The state did this to themselves by trying to legislate something they had no business legislating in the first place.

~Tenth

so Charlotte gets a free pass to enact whatever laws they want, and the state governement has no say in things?

Again, we agree, but somehow you seem to want to fight this. NOTHING should have EVER been done about this. In the 4.5 billion years prior to Charlotte's enacting of a bill that allowed transgender people to use whatever restroom they felt like, everyone, including transgender people were able to find a way to co-habitate and co-evacuate. So nothing needed to be done in the first place. But it was. and THAT was the catalyst to all this garbage. Had that not been done, HB2 would have never even been thought of.

posted on Mar, 30 2017 @ 08:49 AM
link   

originally posted by: luthier

Oh I do, I live an hour away. I am a libertarian conservative. The entire thing was a stunt and un called for. As was the Governors childish moves when he left office.

In his defense, he was shafted, and since the worst that anyone could do it not re-elect him, he did throw a few greasy banana peels on the floor. I would have preferred he took the high road, but I also understand what he did.

He had this state on a path to amazing things, and Cooper is just an idiot. Anyone who watched the debates could tell that.

posted on Mar, 30 2017 @ 08:50 AM
link   
I'm born and raised in Charlotte, and I gotta say, it's about freaking time. I'm tired of this crap. Just go take a piss and don't bother anyone and nobody will say anything. This whole fiasco was just ridiculous. Maybe now we can get back to normalcy around here..... Probably not though.

posted on Mar, 30 2017 @ 08:50 AM
link   

If NC wants to continue to enjoy tax money from an expanding business growth boom they need to adapt. Plain an simple. Reality.

The religious progressive agenda intervention lead to a direct example of loss of revanue.

That is how the free market works. You make a choice and live with the consequences of reality.

No bother. SC is absorbing plenty of that new business. You can keep the saw mills. I joke but look at it that way.

Yeah there is a political agenda attached, like with everything. Just use some philosophy of the founders or of John Locke, Roseau, etc and judge whether a human being has the right to exist freely.

posted on Mar, 30 2017 @ 08:51 AM
link   

so Charlotte gets a free pass to enact whatever laws they want, and the state governement has no say in things?

Why would they need a say? What difference did it make to them if Charlotte decided to pass this ordinance? What was the actual reason for opposing it?

It wasn't to protect children or women that's for sure, because there was no proof it would cause any sort of damage to them.

Again, we agree, but somehow you seem to want to fight this.

It's not that I wanna fight, it's that you claim it was the LGBT community who created this whole mess and who made it out to be what it is, but it wasn't, it was the the decisions of the legislature and the Gov that created the issues that led to the state loosing so much.

Once city made a ruling - the state decided to get involved for no other reason than religious/political differences.

They were the catalyst for what we see as the end result, a state that's lost billions of dollars trying to save face.

~Tenth

posted on Mar, 30 2017 @ 08:52 AM
link   

originally posted by: luthier

In his defense, he was shafted, and since the worst that anyone could do it not re-elect him, he did throw a few greasy banana peels on the floor. I would have preferred he took the high road, but I also understand what he did.

He had this state on a path to amazing things, and Cooper is just an idiot. Anyone who watched the debates could tell that.

Cooper does seem like an idiot. But olny an idiot costs the state 4 billion over a blatantly false religious freedom claim. Everything in the early documents points that religious freedom means no persecution for belief as long as laws are followed. It doesn't mean belief can persecute.

Read Jeffersons work on religion. Since he has a tie to NC. He suggested homosexuality does not get the death penalty. That was the Charlotte bathroom bill of the time.

posted on Mar, 30 2017 @ 09:07 AM
link   

It's not that I wanna fight, it's that you claim it was the LGBT community who created this whole mess and who made it out to be what it is, but it wasn't, it was the the decisions of the legislature and the Gov that created the issues that led to the state loosing so much.

Once city made a ruling - the state decided to get involved for no other reason than religious/political differences.

They were the catalyst for what we see as the end result, a state that's lost billions of dollars trying to save face.

~Tenth

I have repeatedly stated that the LGBTQ community was USED in this, not the driving force. If you live in a bible belt state, you have to understand the mentality that drives things. You don't have to agree with it, but you MUST understand it. In this case, the ordinance Charlotte enacted (which we all agree was completely pointless) had one agenda, and only one. That was to push NC state government into something like HB2, which it did, being the conservative Christian state that it is. Again, I may not agree or like it, but those are the people who live here and how they think.

posted on Mar, 30 2017 @ 09:08 AM
link   
It's time businesses do away with multi person public restrooms, just have 2-3 single person restrooms. That way transgenders don't have to worry about being embarrassed and parents don't have to worry about sexual predator in public restrooms.

Parents these days need to be watchful, don't allow your kids under 10 years old to use multi-person public restrooms alone. Don't be afraid to ask store employee to check the restroom.

posted on Mar, 30 2017 @ 09:09 AM
link   

I just misunderstood you then.

I take it back.

~Tenth

posted on Mar, 30 2017 @ 09:12 AM
link   
a reply to: Echo007

True.

It just seems weird that so many got concerned over bathroom molesting yet one out of four women possibly more are assaulted on college campuses by strait macho men.

The last three studies on college sexual crimes are actually deeply disturbing. Not theoretically in an alternate universe where a perverted Ms Doubtfire is waiting for your kids at every turn.

Somehow it's more Christian and less full of outrage if the molesting is by strait people I guess.

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join