It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

1983 Washington Post Article About Planet 9(X) at 50 Billion Miles from Sun.

page: 2
<< 1    3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 30 2017 @ 04:27 AM
link   

originally posted by: ignorant_ape
a reply to: ElectricUniverse

how the hell can a an object :

general direction is towards Orion and Taurus constellations

be a planet associated with our solar system ?

It is not at the Orion and Taurus constellation. The direction that planet 9 is at is towards Orion and Taurus constellation in relation as we should see it from Earth.

What this means is if you look towards Orion and Taurus constellation that's the direction, not the distance, that planet 9 should be at.

posted on Mar, 30 2017 @ 04:35 AM
link   

originally posted by: wildespace
#denyignorance

Kind of funny of you to claim "denyignorance" when Phil Plait has claimed that there can be no other giant planets in the solar system...

By Phil Plait
What it didn’t discover, though, was another giant planet in our solar system. And it’s pretty definitive: It would’ve seen a planet the size of Saturn out to a distance of 1.5 trillion kilometers, more than a tenth of a light year! A planet the size of Jupiter would’ve been seen out to twice that far.

www.slate.com...

Yet other planetary scientists say the opposite to Plait's false claims.

As for WISE... How do you know it didn't pick up planet 9?...

2017 Jan 08
Correspondent Bill Whitaker
Demoting Pluto leaves us with eight planets. But Mike Brown is preparing another surprise. He is sure there is a real ninth planet way out far beyond Pluto. He hasn’t seen it yet but he expects to soon. He believes the real Planet Nine is huge; and it’s out there.

Mike Brown: I would say at this point, I am certain.

Bill Whitaker: Certain?

Mike Brown: Yeah. That’s a rare thing to say-- for a prediction for a scientist. And I’m willing to say it.

Bill Whitaker: You do know how mind-boggling this sounds. I mean, a new planet hasn’t been discovered for 170 years. I believe you think it looks like this animation over my shoulder here?
Bill Whitaker: And we haven’t seen it? We can’t see it?

Mike Brown: It’s so far away that it’s actually just at the edge of what our biggest telescopes on the ground can possibly see because it’s so far away.

Fifty billion miles away. It’s also hard to find because it has an enormous orbit.

Mike Brown: Planet Nine we think takes something like 15,000 years to go around the sun.

www.cbsnews.com...

www.abovetopsecret.com...

posted on Mar, 30 2017 @ 04:36 AM
link   

please read what i wrote and understand it

i know what you said - and how absurd it is

and again - an object that fits your claim CANNOT be a planet associated with our solar system

posted on Mar, 30 2017 @ 04:50 AM
link   

You're doing an awful lot of hedging in this thread. Let's stick to the object discovered by IRAS telescope in 1983. It was later shown to be a whole different galaxy, NOT an object in the Solar System.

Here's another article about this, in case you had trouble understanding Phil Plait's article: debunkingdoomsday.quora.com...

Even Tom Chester, one of the members of the original team that found the far infrared sources, admits that those things aren't planets in the Solar System. (I can't seem to make the link work here, but it's in the article above)

Why is it that when we bring up this information to counter your claim that IRAS detected Planet X in 1983, you accuse us of completely denying the possibility of there being a Planet X (or Planet Nine).

Planet Nine may well be out there, but IRAS didn't detect it.
edit on 30-3-2017 by wildespace because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 30 2017 @ 04:53 AM
link   
a reply to: ignorant_ape

Dont know who Mike Brown is.,..but if this is correct...

Mike Brown: Planet Nine we think takes something like 15,000 years to go around the sun.

if it revolves around "our" sun...doesnt it then stand to reason, no matter how long the orbit is...that it's a part of this solar system ?

posted on Mar, 30 2017 @ 05:34 AM
link   

Want to help find Planet 9?

There is a current project ongoing to help Astronomers searching for this mysterious object by reviewing hundreds of thousands of images taken by a robotic telescope in Australia.

Story Here

Study Participation Here

Must admit, i have spotted and flagged a few anomalies for the Astronomers to review but got bored after a couple of hours.

Have fun

ETA: Before anyone asks, they have tried running the photo's through computers / software to find potential anomalies but apparently were getting too many false positives ..... they have determined that the Human Eye is probably better than AI

edit on 2017-03-30T05:44:45-05:002017Thu, 30 Mar 2017 05:44:45 -0500bThursday4403America/Chicago175 by corblimeyguvnor because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 30 2017 @ 05:39 AM
link   
Planet X will be passing very soon! wait til you all see these pics I will add at the weekend. I've tracked it since April 2015.

Good luck and stay well!

posted on Mar, 30 2017 @ 05:41 AM
link   
a reply to: EndOfDays77

hey mate, can I have your stash if the world goes to hell?

posted on Mar, 30 2017 @ 06:16 AM
link   

originally posted by: EndOfDays77
Planet X will be passing very soon! wait til you all see these pics I will add at the weekend. I've tracked it since April 2015.

Good luck and stay well!

- "How soon?"
- "Very very soon."
- "2017 is nearly out, is it gonna be passing now?"
- "It's gonna be passing us very soon, in 2018."
- "2018 is nearly out, where's the doom you promised?"
- "It's gonna be passing very very soon, I promise! I've been tracking this object all this time, I know what I'm talking about."

Thanks for providing us with some comedy, EndOfDays77.

posted on Mar, 30 2017 @ 09:36 AM
link   

originally posted by: MarioOnTheFly
a reply to: ignorant_ape

Dont know who Mike Brown is....

Mike Brown is a Caltech Astronomer who along with Konstantin Batygin started this recent (since early last year) interest in the search for Planet 9/Planet X. He and Batygin showed that there are oddities in the orbits of serval Kuiper Belt objects -- i.e., many of them seem to have their aphelion all on the same side of the sun. This seems to imply that there is an Planet-sized object out there that is maybe 10 times more massive than Earth that is shepherding these Kuiper Belt objects into those orbits....

...hence all of this recent interest in finding Planet 9/Planet X -- for which there seems to be good evidence that THIS Planet 9/Planet X actually may exist, as opposed to other claims for planets inhabit other potential orbits. Those other claims over the years about unknown planets do not have the same degree of evidence as this new one we've been talking about for the past year or so.

Pluto Killer
HOWEVER, Mike Brown is more famous (or infamous) for being the Pluto Killer or Planet Killer -- i.e., he is the man who (indirectly) caused Pluto to be taken out of the ranks of "Planet".

In 2005, Brown discovered Eris. Eris is pretty much a twin of Pluto -- it is virtually the same size as Pluto (margins of error make it possibly even larger than Pluto), it seems to have a composition and possible atmosphere similar to Pluto, and it has at least one moon. Back in 2005 when Eris was discovered, the media called it "The 10th Planet".

However, Mike Brown had also discovered several other Kuiper belt object around and beyond Pluto and Eris that made it seem that Pluto and Eris had more in common with each other than they did the Planets Mercury through Neptune. Also , it became evident that there are possibly hundreds of Eris-like/Pluto-like objects out in the Kuiper belt.

In 2006, the International Astronomical Union (IAU) created a new class of objects called "Dwarf Planets" and categorized Eris, Pluto, and a few other similar objects as these dwarf planets, rather than opening up the definition of Planet to include possibly 100s of objects.

Even though Mike Brown would have been heralded by history to be the discoverer of the 10th Planet Eris, he agreed that Eris and Pluto should NOT be planets.

The Man Who Killed Pluto: Q & A with Astronomer Mike Brown

Mike Brown Explains why he Killed Pluto

He is also the author of a blog that often has very enjoyable and fun-to-read entries (at least I think they are fun to read; it seems Brown and I share a similar sense of humor):

Blog -- Mike Brown's Planets

edit on 30/3/2017 by Soylent Green Is People because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 30 2017 @ 09:47 AM
link   

So, more evidence appears that this mysterious, and massive object was spotted twice at least back in 1983.

Yes back in 1983 they did think so.

Not so much now.

The question is. Why have been there so many denials about the existence of this planetary, or stellar object existing in our Solar System when it was found at least back in 1983?

Because we have discovered quite a few things since 1983, have you been asleep?

Xcalibur254's other statements seem to be wrong because even back in 1983, this massive object was seen at around the same distance from us and direction that planetary scientists today say that planet 9, or whatever it is is located.

No this object wasn't seen, what was seen was later identified.

posted on Mar, 30 2017 @ 09:53 AM
link   

please read what i wrote and understand it

i know what you said - and how absurd it is

and again - an object that fits your claim CANNOT be a planet associated with our solar system

I'm not saying the object discussed in the 1983 Washing Post article is a planet, but I'm not sure what specifically is it about the claim that you say is absurd.

The article added a correction to state that the object may be 50 Billion miles from the Sun, which is less than 600 AU, which puts that orbit inside the aphelion of other known objects, such as Sedna.

Could you explain the reason that you say it cannot be part of our solar system? Again, I'm not saying the specific object mentioned in the article is a planet, but I'm not sure of the specific reason you say it is absurd to think that the object mentioned in the OP's article is part of the solar system. Granted, it does seem that since this article was written, more information about the object that was seen has come to light, reducing the chance that what they saw was a planet 50 billion miles away -- but I did not see anything in the article itself that made the possibility absurd ...AT THE TIME.

Thanks.

For the record, I think the latest hypothetical version of Planet 9/Planet X that has been in the news over the past year very well might exist -- but that may be a different object than was mentioned in the OP's 1983 article.

posted on Mar, 30 2017 @ 01:54 PM
link   
Thank you I have some reading to do now.

posted on Mar, 30 2017 @ 02:20 PM
link   
a reply to: Soylent Green Is People

hi - the absurdity is that 35 years later - despite it being correctly identified - people are still screaming " planet ex "

posted on Mar, 30 2017 @ 03:08 PM
link   

a reply to: Soylent Green Is People

hi - the absurdity is that 35 years later - despite it being correctly identified - people are still screaming " planet ex "

True. It does seem likely that the object mentioned in the 1983 article has been identified as something else.

That's not to say that Planet 9/Planet X does not exist, but the object they spotted does not appear tp be it.

posted on Mar, 30 2017 @ 06:14 PM
link   
I lump this one in with the Black Knight Satellite
9/11 and Military reports of UFO's over nukes.
They are hotly debated because there might
be something " real" about them all.
edit on 30-3-2017 by UnderKingsPeak because: sp

posted on Mar, 30 2017 @ 07:23 PM
link   

Dyson sphere with our lost Alien friends on board. With elliptical course to pass earth and make acquaintance once more once we reached our determined time + evolution technology = planetary travellers.

... Is one idea.

edit on 30-3-2017 by BlackProject because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 30 2017 @ 07:39 PM
link   
50 Billion miles out...

that number seemed too close, so I checked 'space.com'... here's the comparison #s I could conceive;

Pluto lies 4.67 billion miles (7.5 billion kilometers) from Earth. At their closest, the two are only 2.66 billion miles (4.28 billion km) apart

so... the Nemesis/Dwarf star/Nibiru/ Planet 9/ the Unknown Destroyer... Orbits the Sun/Sol right around 10X the distance to Pluto

astronomynow.com...

Me... I dismiss all these wild theories about a massive planet or brown-dwarf star coming from deep space, inner Oort cloud (up to 75 AU distant)---or further out at the outer Oort cloud, (up to 1,500 AU distant)
For the Interloper to come into the solar-system and perturb all the known orbit planets every 3,600 years & up to every 20,000 years for those not attached to the Sumerian Clay Tablets interpretation, by a Mr S.F. known here on ATS...

I have long held that this mysterious destroyer which visits the Earth is not from 50 Billion miles away... but is actually the Internal Sun of a 'hollow Earth'...which we call the Earth Inner & Outer Core
the mysterious visitor which visits us is under our feet...not in the distant cold-darkness of inter-stellar space

We are in the start of another cycle of this 'destroyer', causing EQs, Volcanos, Outgassing & sinkholes galore, and this latest episode of the 'dwarf-sun under out feet' will likely cause the magnetic poles to switch, or reverse as the internal Core wreaks havoc on the whole surface of the homeworld

posted on Mar, 30 2017 @ 08:46 PM
link   

originally posted by: St Udio

Me... I dismiss all these wild theories about a massive planet or brown-dwarf star coming from deep space, inner Oort cloud (up to 75 AU distant)---or further out at the outer Oort cloud, (up to 1,500 AU distant)

For the Interloper to come into the solar-system and perturb all the known orbit planets every 3,600 years & up to every 20,000 years

The calculated orbit for the hypothetical Planet 9 is thought to be 1200 AU at its orbit's farthest point from the Sun and 200 AU at its closest point. 200 AU is still about 5X farther than the average distance of Pluto from the Sun.

So the Planet 9 that astronomers strongly feel probably exists is NOT a planet that would be an interloper that comes swinging through the inner solar system every 3600 years.

The reason scintists know it does not come through the inner solar system is the same reason scientists think it exists in the first place -- and that is because they see clues in the orbits of other Kuiper Belt Objects that tell the something else big is probably out there, affecting the orbits of these other Kuiper Belt Objects as it passes by them every 20,000 years.

However, the same affect is NOT seen on inner solar system objects, which you would expect to see if an interloping Planet passes through the inner solar system every 3600 years.

So Planet 9 might exist -- and much of science thinks there's a good chance it does. But it never gets any closer than about 5X farther than Pluto.

posted on Mar, 30 2017 @ 09:12 PM
link   
Nice share

Sad many doubt Mr. Stichins research related materials...

It seems to take the blue pill and remain within the illusion that we are alone is easier for some to process, instead of accepting the reality that
a) we are NOT alone and that
b) there are native or Visiting celestial objects artificial or natural to think outta box associated with the SOL Systems that may move on "irregular" celestial orbital paths that at times cross EA*RTHs orbital path.
Could be professed binary companion of SOL or something not considered.

If there are some who watch over and or maintain planetary systems within their shadows and the inhabitants growth.
It would make sense that they would have data on such cosmic events that could potentially cause disturbances to those planets they managed development on and within.

Nibiru has been made such a joke sadly, but eliminate the name and keep the described celestial objects as it feels there are more then one out there and it may be something worth more consideration-
Use your third eyes to see through time space pick a direction and scan cosmic depths.
Astral travel not recommended if unprepared for again could be something not considered.

Yes we speak of dimensions for example and possible inhabitants but seldom of transportation of the inter-dimensional kind/type.
Couldn't confirm. But if EA*RTH technologies see from scientific to religious, in secret is confirmation enough for 1...

Resonating S.T.O or service to others LOVE frequency ENERGY unites CREATOR Creations with possible other CREATOR Creations resonating on LOVE frequency to increase possibilities of overcoming events.

Divided S.T.S service to self groups limits possibilities of overcoming events = failure.

NAMASTE*******

top topics

<< 1    3  4 >>

join