It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

FBI Arrests State Dept. Employee for Allegedly Sharing Secrets with Chinese

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Mar, 29 2017 @ 09:47 PM
link   
The FBI arrested a State Department employee on March 28th.

The employee, Candace Claiborne has been there since 1999.

She is charged with taking "gifts" from Chinese intel agents.

She also lied to the FBI, and failed to report contact with foreign agents.

Big No-No on multiple levels.

FBI Arrests State Dept. Employee for Allegedly Sharing Secrets with Chinese

An employee at the U.S. State Department appeared in federal court on Wednesday where she will face charges as the result of a FBI counterintelligence investigation.

According to two authorities who spoke with Reuters, the employee, Candace Claiborne, served in the section responsible for handling Caucus Affairs.

Claiborne was also be charged with lying to FBI officials, according to a DOJ press release

“Candace Marie Claiborne is a U.S. State Department employee who possesses a Top Secret security clearance and allegedly failed to report her contacts with Chinese foreign intelligence agents who provided her with thousands of dollars of gifts and benefits,” Acting Assistant Attorney General McCord said in a statement obtained by LawNewz. “Claiborne used her position and her access to sensitive diplomatic data for personal profit. Pursuing those who imperil our national security for personal gain will remain a key priority of the National Security Division.”

drain the swamp

posted on Mar, 29 2017 @ 09:49 PM
link   
I wonder if this was the person who was giving the white house intel on the obama wire tap!

posted on Mar, 29 2017 @ 09:50 PM
link   
a reply to: xuenchen

Oh dam

It has begun

posted on Mar, 29 2017 @ 09:52 PM
link   
She was making out like a bandit. Hard to not reciprocate in some fashion.

The press release said the agents provided Claiborne with gifts, including “cash wired to Claiborne’s USAA account, an Apple iPhone and laptop computer, Chinese New Year’s gifts, meals, international travel and vacations, tuition at a Chinese fashion school, a fully furnished apartment, and a monthly stipend.”

thehill.com...

posted on Mar, 29 2017 @ 09:59 PM
link   

originally posted by: digital01anarchy
I wonder if this was the person who was giving the white house intel on the obama wire tap!

Doubt it but i read an interesting theory about the Secret Service leaking the intel because Obama was furious that his acolytes found nothing on Trump. Payback is a bitch sometimes. The biggest bombshell is yet to come.

posted on Mar, 29 2017 @ 10:00 PM
link   
Since its went public , here's the questionable details.

heavy.com...

The complaint states that over the span of five years — beginning in 2011 — Claiborne and her family received numerous gifts from the two intelligence agents in China.
Those include cash being wired directly to her bank account, an iPhone, vacations, a fully-furnished apartment, tuition at a Chinese fashion school and a monthly stipend.
Claiborne allegedly received money wired from the agents in the amount of $2,480 on at least one occasion. After the transaction, the Chinese agents requested Claiborne give them an internal analyses of the U.S.-Sino Strategic Economic Dialogue. The dialogue is considered the highest-level of forum to speak about a range of issues between China and the U.S.

She also held a Top Secret Clearance

Buck

posted on Mar, 29 2017 @ 11:19 PM
link   
You know this whole time the fingers have been pointing pointing point at Russia, I have been thinking to myself I bet the Chinese have been behind this mess the whole time.

I mean if you think about it, who do we really owe most of our debt too? China is the country quietly buying up America, not Russia. They haven't had a whole lot to say about much of this either. They got a little mad about Trump not recognizing something, but that could be a cover. Didn't they just recently ok a big project for him over there as well?

Yep, I truly believe if you could ever know the real truth it would be China behind the wiretapping and the leaking to Wikileaks and probably so much more. This is all just my humble opinion of course.

posted on Mar, 29 2017 @ 11:27 PM
link   
a reply to: xuenchen

I hope she blows the whistle and fingers others. Let us drain that swamp.

posted on Mar, 29 2017 @ 11:29 PM
link   
a reply to: carewemust

I hope she blows the whistle and fingers others.

Well then. We have to approve it before we know what's in it.

posted on Mar, 29 2017 @ 11:33 PM
link   

originally posted by: JinMI
a reply to: carewemust

I hope she blows the whistle and fingers others.

Well then. We have to approve it before we know what's in it.

Since she knows of our secret interrogation techniques, I think we'll hit pay-dirt with this one.

posted on Mar, 29 2017 @ 11:56 PM
link   
In my honest opinion? such treasonous behavior should result in automatic kill on sight.

...okay, you want to be nice about it? fine, go to trial, do the tap dance, we all know the routine. Should the individual be found not guilty, meh they can walk but thus are terminated from their position, as a result of the trial. Found guilty? Shoot on spot, quick and fast. I find this perfectly humane for treasonous traitors.

A number of reasons a person ends up being a chinese lackey, or any other nation for that matter, is usually somebody in financial despair. Usually going through a lot, money problems, medicals issues. The moment I saw monthly stipend and new apartment, I can already tell you this employee was bought.

Betray you nation for crumbs, of which you hardly had any. To gain so little an lose so bigly.

posted on Mar, 30 2017 @ 01:07 AM
link   
Everybody else does it...

posted on Mar, 30 2017 @ 10:14 AM
link   
I have no room for traitors especially ones who work for the Chinese.

I had several Korean war vets who served with me in the late 1960's and 70's. The Chinese were brutal to The US prisoners and would kill them when they had extracted all of their value.

Please, let me have the opportunity to interrogate this individual. I am not the least little bit PC and I'm willing to go to jail for the opportunity to extract the information of her contacts.

posted on Mar, 30 2017 @ 10:20 AM
link   
If only this employee had just setup a charitable foundation for foreigners to donate to instead of directly giving her gifts. And it would've also helped if she had an E-mail server in her basement with Bleach Bit ready to go.

She obviously didn't think it through like other govt employees in the recent past.

posted on Mar, 30 2017 @ 11:06 AM
link   
a reply to: digital01anarchy

🚫
No connection.

posted on Mar, 30 2017 @ 11:19 AM
link   
a reply to: jjkenobi

Good to know you want to circumvent the law.

top topics

join