It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Ivanka Trump to Take an Unpaid Government Post

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 30 2017 @ 01:53 AM
link   
a reply to: Wardaddy454

I know Wardaddy I really like your meme Brad Pitt is such a good actor and its just a reminder of why so many American GI's suffered through the Brouge winter to defent freedom.

Ivanka has twice the brains of John Kennedy's younger brother who let me remind you had no governmental management expierence at all was just the product of neppotism. A little constancy on behalf of the liberals would go a really really long way.

Time to get real people, guaranteed.

posted on Mar, 30 2017 @ 05:53 AM
link   
I would like to hear one good excuse for her to have a security clearance. She has no real place in the government except for the one daddy made for her so she shouldn't be seeing any sort of confidential paperwork.

posted on Mar, 30 2017 @ 06:25 AM
link   
a reply to: Mandroid7

She is unpaid, what is the problem?

she will be paid pocket money off the books. not like she needs it I bet she has millions in the bank. I would do a job for free if I was financially sound.

posted on Mar, 30 2017 @ 06:26 AM
link   
a reply to: [post=22075062]buster2010[

I would like to hear one good excuse for her to have a security clearance. She has no real place in the government except for the one daddy made for her so she shouldn't be seeing any sort of confidential paperwork.
/post]

agreed!

posted on Mar, 30 2017 @ 07:18 AM
link   
a reply to: bigfatfurrytexan

OH HOLY HELL! SHE GOT AN INTERN "POSITION"!!!

Since when do interns get Top Secret Clearance and sit in on meetings with Heads of States?

posted on Mar, 30 2017 @ 07:33 AM
link   
a reply to: FuggleHop

Ivanka has twice the brains of John Kennedy's younger brother who let me remind you had no governmental management expierence at all was just the product of neppotism.

It was the outrage cause by President Kennedy appointing his brother Robert Kennedy that caused the anti-nepotism laws in the first place.

(3)“relative” means, with respect to a public official, an individual who is related to the public official as father, mother, son, daughter, brother, sister, uncle, aunt, first cousin, nephew, niece, husband, wife, father-in-law, mother-in-law, son-in-law, daughter-in-law, brother-in-law, sister-in-law, stepfather, stepmother, stepson, stepdaughter, stepbrother, stepsister, half brother, or half sister.

(b)A public official may not appoint, employ, promote, advance, or advocate for appointment, employment, promotion, or advancement, in or to a civilian position in the agency in which he is serving or over which he exercises jurisdiction or control any individual who is a relative of the public official. An individual may not be appointed, employed, promoted, or advanced in or to a civilian position in an agency if such appointment, employment, promotion, or advancement has been advocated by a public official, serving in or exercising jurisdiction or control over the agency, who is a relative of the individual.
www.law.cornell.edu...

Of course her "employment", as well as her husband's, is a violation of the ethics codes, and barely skirts the anti-nepotism law by pretending that these individuals won't receive a paycheck. Although I'm not sure that them not receiving a paycheck is enough to stand against a court challenge to their positions, especially if it can be shown that either one of them benefited financially from their position, in violation of the "Emolument Clause" as well as anti-nepotism laws.

edit on 30-3-2017 by windword because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 30 2017 @ 08:28 AM
link   
a reply to: windword

Since when do employees not get paid?

posted on Mar, 30 2017 @ 08:32 AM
link   

originally posted by: Justso
Trumps kids are very bright, educated and distinguished. I can't think of any modern president that had intelligent and trustworthy adult children who he wanted consulation and advice from.

Then again, I can't think of any modern president who needed them.

posted on Mar, 30 2017 @ 08:37 AM
link   
a reply to: FuggleHop

Do you know Ivanka and the Kennedy's?

posted on Mar, 30 2017 @ 09:02 AM
link   
a reply to: bigfatfurrytexan

Since when do employees not get paid?

Since it became a loop hole strategy to avoid anti-nepotism laws.

posted on Mar, 30 2017 @ 09:27 AM
link   

originally posted by: Mandroid7

originally posted by: Swills
a reply to: Mandroid7

She doesn't need a gov't position to give daddy advice. That's what Sunday dinners are for.

But you know this, which is sad.

The only thing sad is the amount of programming that actually stuck with people.

It is apparent in this post.

What are you actually complaining about here?

Sounds like job title jealousy, bitterness from a "team" loss, or some other weird mental health issue.

Negativity is a self fulfilling prophecy, it is going down the ladder, not up it.

Let's all grow up here and deal with real issues, shall we?

IF you get offended by the president asking for free help from his daughter, which is great because she can add a younger perspective to his decisions, then you have obviously never experienced any real loss in life, and it will be very difficult if you do.

-But you knew that, which is sad

Not to mention, a pretty sexist statement too.

posted on Mar, 30 2017 @ 09:40 AM
link   
a reply to: burgerbuddy

If it's a paid position, them someone who needed the pay got screwed.

posted on Mar, 30 2017 @ 09:42 AM
link   

originally posted by: interupt42
a reply to: alphabetaone

To be fair hiring experienced qualified people hasn't been working out either..

No one from either side of the aisle can dispute that.

IMHO, Trump did this to circumvent the fact that she initially said she only intended to continue to "be his daughter" and wouldn't need security clearance. But both Trump and her need her to have the clearance for cover at this point or otherwise she risks being caught up in all this Russia/White House/Trump Companies intrigue. And it's a way to give her security clearance even though they both said that would not be her role...this new position demands it. Oops, can't help that right? It's not going back on your word if it's required...

edit on 3/30/2017 by kosmicjack because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 30 2017 @ 09:47 AM
link   

originally posted by: MOMof3

Or, a truly qualified woman, with governmental experience and an ability to actually process the implications of classified information, not just how it affects the family business, has lost an opportunity to an unqualified would be American princess, appointed simply because of her family ties. So have the American people lost such an opportunity in the fight for woman's equality in the work place.

posted on Mar, 30 2017 @ 10:11 AM
link   

originally posted by: MOMof3

Yeah some poor friggin lefty lawyer, right?

Look, how do you interview someone to be your non paid advisor?

posted on Mar, 30 2017 @ 10:21 AM
link   

Look, how do you interview someone to be your non paid advisor?

Was money an issue? Does the White House not have a budget for presidential advisors with top secret clearance? Nope! Neither Ivanka nor Jared Kushner are entitled to pay.

(c)An individual appointed, employed, promoted, or advanced in violation of this section is not entitled to pay, and money may not be paid from the Treasury as pay to an individual so appointed, employed, promoted, or advanced.
www.law.cornell.edu...

They both are in violation of the nepotism clause. That's why they don't get to collect a pay check.

posted on Mar, 30 2017 @ 10:24 AM
link   

I wouldn't be looking to give anyone a job with no pay. You can't walk out your home without 20 bucks for gas and lunch. But the Trump's would not understand what life is like for people who need a paycheck.

posted on Mar, 30 2017 @ 10:32 AM
link   
Will Ivanka have to fill out an SF 86 to receive a security clearance?

posted on Mar, 30 2017 @ 10:32 AM
link   
a reply to: alphabetaone

I wonder if anti nepotism laws will fire her. If so that will be a good laugh seeing as how it was the GOP that put those laws in place because they were pissed JFK. hired his brother.

posted on Mar, 30 2017 @ 10:58 AM
link   

Does your mind always stay in a "lefty" loop? Leftys are not in the WH right now, so hiring one is not likely. But there are no qualified "rightys" who need a job? Wow, I was told anyone but Hillary could fix the jobs.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join