It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Ivanka Trump to Take an Unpaid Government Post

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 29 2017 @ 06:55 PM
link   
a reply to: alphabetaone

I noticed this. It had been flown before, and then (with some hand-wavium from Trump's staff) announced that it "wouldn't happen." While she may have a moderating influence on Trump, having his entire family (who run his businesses and who can grant people access to him) is not a good idea.

Another thing to consider is that he's officially filed to run again as President (he did this within days of being sworn in.) So his kids can sell "have dinner with Donald" as a campaign fundraising event to wealthy donors, giving them access to him that they shouldn't have.

..and possibly access (accidental or otherwise) to security information that they shouldn't have (remember the photos of Trump with unsecured top secret briefs and his talking over security clearance material with Japanese Prime Minister Abe at the dining room at Mar-A-Lago while aides lighted the scene with their cell phones and people sat nearby and waiters wandered through.

posted on Mar, 29 2017 @ 06:56 PM
link   
a reply to: The GUT

You must be Kayleigh, same argument she gave on CNN. Nothing wrong, its legal. I like seeing all the prophecy about how terrible Hillary was going to be, Donald is doing exponentially. Nepotism, cronyism, pay to play, more wars,all right there sticking his middle finger at his country.

posted on Mar, 29 2017 @ 07:24 PM
link   

originally posted by: Byrd
Another thing to consider is that he's officially filed to run again as President (he did this within days of being sworn in.) So his kids can sell "have dinner with Donald" as a campaign fundraising event to wealthy donors, giving them access to him that they shouldn't have.

Dinner with a seated president as a campaign fundraising stunt? That's unprecedented!!!
sundial.csun.edu...

Obama’s campaign created a contest, the prize for which is a personal dinner with the president — after they donate to the campaign, that is.

posted on Mar, 29 2017 @ 07:42 PM
link   
At the very least, he can trust the advice.

TRUST is something missing from those around The President.

Having a trusted adviser to summarize large reports is extremely helpful. You have to be sure that the adviser does not have their own agenda.

P

posted on Mar, 29 2017 @ 07:43 PM
link   
a reply to: MOMof3

We've increased the number of wars in 2017? Really? I wasn't aware of that...

posted on Mar, 29 2017 @ 07:53 PM
link   
a reply to: burdman30ott6

Trump said we are fighting like never before in Iraq, wants more troops in Syria, all options are open for NK and the south seas.

posted on Mar, 29 2017 @ 08:15 PM
link   

originally posted by: MysticPearl

For how concerned

Don't act like you know me. Where's the concern? Pointing out hypocrisy is not tantamount to concern. (yes ill wait while you google all the hard words)

you apparently are

Again, where's the apparency? Show me...

you did an atrocious job of actually explaining

Why woul you need someone to hand-hold you through an article that is self-explanatory.

why you're so concerned.

Redundancy...the spice of your life it seems.

posted on Mar, 29 2017 @ 08:18 PM
link   

originally posted by: burdman30ott6

She is his primary speech writer, so it makes some sense here

That actually explains a lot to me. I wonder if she is his primary tweet composer too.

posted on Mar, 29 2017 @ 08:21 PM
link   
Awesome. A young smart successful woman who he can trust next to him. Why not? I think this is a great move on his part because they need comp[compartmentalization.

posted on Mar, 29 2017 @ 08:22 PM
link   
I see no problem with this more official advisory role. It is obvious that she has always had an advisory position with Trump, and they are only officiating her position to ensure they are not called out on any unethical or moral issues. Basically, dotting their i's and crossing their t's! By making this official they will be more liable yet more transparent! This seems like a win-win? So why would anyone really have a problem with this. Would you rather she just advise and not be answerable in that role?

posted on Mar, 29 2017 @ 08:28 PM
link   

" I guess knowing clothing lines and shoes instantaneously gives one insight into how to Govern: "

A Bright , Smart , Business Women who Obviously knows about Organization , is considering working for the U.S. Government without Compensation ? Hmm... then you have the Likes of Nancy Pelosi , Maxine Waters , Debbie Wasserman Schultz ,Chuck Schumer , John McCain , Mitch McConnell , and an Assorted Cast of other Clueless Incompetent Useless Eaters Living Off the Gobermint Teet at the Tax Payers Expense Already Corupted by the Influence and Power of Washington . How refreshing.......

posted on Mar, 29 2017 @ 08:29 PM
link   
a reply to: CynConcepts

Show me her qualifications.

posted on Mar, 29 2017 @ 08:31 PM
link   

originally posted by: Zanti Misfit

" I guess knowing clothing lines and shoes instantaneously gives one insight into how to Govern: "

A Bright , Smart , Business Women who Obviously knows about Organization

Which has little to do on any level with respect to governing or the qualifications she doesn't have to circumnavigate the political spectrum...I really don't think I want little Ivanka "playing house" with the country *I* fought to defend, nor it's 300+ million inhabitants.

posted on Mar, 29 2017 @ 08:32 PM
link   
a reply to: MOMof3

Still not seeing more wars. North Korea, OK, but fatty pig fatty Kim Un is behind that, not the US.

posted on Mar, 29 2017 @ 08:39 PM
link   

VP of the Trump organization from 2005 to 2017.

posted on Mar, 29 2017 @ 08:41 PM
link   
Oh c'mon. She is his geriactric aide. It happens all the time at his age.

posted on Mar, 29 2017 @ 08:51 PM
link   

originally posted by: alphabetaone

Shes Not a Career Politician . Your Hired !

posted on Mar, 29 2017 @ 09:05 PM
link   

Ivanka Trump, the elder daughter of President Trump, is becoming an official government employee, joining her husband in serving as an unpaid adviser to her father in the White House.
Ms. Trump already has an office in the West Wing, and she said last week that she would serve as an informal adviser to her father. But that plan prompted criticism from ethics experts, who said it would allow her to avoid some rules and disclosures.

It's really quite rude to give half a quote, when the remaining portion is necessary to express the intended opinion.

Last week, she would have voluntarily followed rules and disclosures as an unofficial adviser.

Not good enough.

Now, she is going through the process of becoming an employee, though unpaid, so that she will officially be bound by the rules and disclosures aforewhined about.

posted on Mar, 29 2017 @ 09:08 PM
link   

A Bright , Smart , Business Women who Obviously knows about Organization

Which has little to do on any level with respect to governing or the qualifications she doesn't have to circumnavigate the political spectrum...I really don't think I want little Ivanka "playing house" with the country *I* fought to defend, nor it's 300+ million inhabitants.

That's your Right . Write a Letter to your Congressman and Complain then . Life Goes On............

posted on Mar, 29 2017 @ 09:57 PM
link   

Shes Not a Career Politician . Your Hired !

Neither are AA's, but at least they have Political Science education.

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join