It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Giant man-eating snakes do exist

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 29 2017 @ 09:24 PM
link   
a reply to: carewemust

Crushes you, basically it's a giant muscle..wraps around you and squeezes the air out of you, usually you will die because you cant breath or it will cause heart failure..well both I guess.

posted on Mar, 30 2017 @ 06:10 AM
link   

originally posted by: Mandroid7

originally posted by: Baddogma
Ah, the magical circle of life! The benevolent and loving universe watches over all of us ... unless you run into something that's hungry and larger than you are, that is.

Some of these constrictors reach 30+ feet , so yeah, people are chow, too. Reminds me of that photo from the 1950's taken by a bush pilot in Africa of a monster snake (conservatively) estimated to be over 50 ' long... reportedly it lunged at the plane.

Anyway, yup... monsters exist and thanks for the lovely corpse from the gutted snake video.. .I needed impetus to stick to a diet.

Cool story, just found it

Very freaky indeed.

posted on Mar, 30 2017 @ 12:29 PM
link   
a reply to: subfab

Well that lightens the mood!!!

posted on Mar, 30 2017 @ 12:50 PM
link   
Just chiming in with a lil info for those in fear of becoming constricted by one of these. Ive owned Reticulated, Burmese, and Baal Pythons and a few Red Tail Boa Constrictors. My roomate also happens to be a reptile breeder.

The chances of being caught up in one of these giants is slim, but if you are, and you can see, and reach the tail, bend the tail in the opposite direction.
When they are constricting, the very tip of the tail will be shaped like the letter J.
IF (thats a BIG if), you can unroll the tip, the snake will loosen up and drop like a strand of yarn.
The tail holds the tension, so they only squeeze tighter and dont loosen up. Think of it like a ratchet. Bending that tail unlocks the ratchet. Keep in mind if a 20+ foot python constricts you, on its initial tensioning its applying a couple thousand pounds of force, and its going to break bones and crush organs. The smaller guys that are around 10-12 feet (which you are most likly to come into contact with) can constrict you enough kill you. That is when the bending the tail trick is most practical/logical. I was bitten (due to carlessness on my part) by my 9ft Red Tail Boa Constrictor when reaching in her tank. She had half of my hand in her mouth and had my arm almost completely wrapped before I could blink. So youll need to act fast!!

posted on Apr, 22 2017 @ 04:09 PM
link   
a reply to: Olivine

Yeah, read about this one elsewhere, and no doubt, this is a real event. Horrible for that man!! Clearly, these snakes can and will consume a full grown adult. How many that vanish suffer a similar fate?

posted on Apr, 22 2017 @ 06:16 PM
link   
The surprize in most people is what gets me. People seem shocked
to find out man isn't at the top of the food chain in a number of
instances. The world is full of things that will eat man without
any discretion. It's not like a hungry riticulated python is going to
skip a meal saying " Ahh no! human? keep move'n!" lol
edit on Rpm42217v17201700000044 by randyvs because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 1 2017 @ 09:47 PM
link   
Nature doesn't give a damn if you are human or not. Nature does what it wants to. I feel worse for the poor snake then I do the person. He was just at the wrong place at the wrong time and it happened, the snake had to die for being a wild animal... there are less snakes then people in the world anyways. I might sound coldhearted but thats just my two cents on it.

posted on Jun, 1 2017 @ 10:25 PM
link   

originally posted by: Brian4real
Just chiming in with a lil info for those in fear of becoming constricted by one of these. Ive owned Reticulated, Burmese, and Baal Pythons and a few Red Tail Boa Constrictors. My roomate also happens to be a reptile breeder.

The chances of being caught up in one of these giants is slim, but if you are, and you can see, and reach the tail, bend the tail in the opposite direction.
When they are constricting, the very tip of the tail will be shaped like the letter J.
IF (thats a BIG if), you can unroll the tip, the snake will loosen up and drop like a strand of yarn.
The tail holds the tension, so they only squeeze tighter and dont loosen up. Think of it like a ratchet. Bending that tail unlocks the ratchet. Keep in mind if a 20+ foot python constricts you, on its initial tensioning its applying a couple thousand pounds of force, and its going to break bones and crush organs. The smaller guys that are around 10-12 feet (which you are most likly to come into contact with) can constrict you enough kill you. That is when the bending the tail trick is most practical/logical. I was bitten (due to carlessness on my part) by my 9ft Red Tail Boa Constrictor when reaching in her tank. She had half of my hand in her mouth and had my arm almost completely wrapped before I could blink. So youll need to act fast!!

Dude, you need a new hobby. Seriously. Take up jogging or something.

top topics

<< 1   >>

join