It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

New IT remake teaser trailer

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 29 2017 @ 11:44 AM
link   

Looks good, i was a bit apprehensive about this remake as the original is one of my favorite Stephen King stories put to film thanks to Tim Curry's Pennywise, but this teaser shows promise.

posted on Mar, 29 2017 @ 12:00 PM
link   
a reply to: nickovthenorth

The original was great....and freaked terrifying when I was a lil kid.
I'm surprised it to them this long to do a remake.
Well with the current tech now a days, this will be great...hopefully

posted on Mar, 29 2017 @ 12:12 PM
link   
a reply to: Macenroe82

The original was great....and freaked terrifying when I was a lil kid.

Haha, yeah me too i think i was like 11 or 12 when i first saw (IT) Pennywise scared the crap out of me, in all honesty i cant see them topping Tim Curry's version of the character but as you say with current tech the effects should compensate...hopefully

posted on Mar, 29 2017 @ 01:26 PM
link   

Ahh yeaaaah, about these remakes.

if Hollywood would stop with the remakes, yeahh that would be great and come up with some new ideas without dealing with politics . Yeah that would be great.

Not a big fan of the first so meh on the movie .

posted on Mar, 29 2017 @ 01:33 PM
link   
a reply to: interupt42

I love the remakes because visually they are capable of so much more. Finally an official trailer.

posted on Mar, 29 2017 @ 01:39 PM
link   

originally posted by: interupt42

Ahh yeaaaah, about these remakes.

if Hollywood would stop with the remakes, yeahh that would be great and come up with some new ideas without dealing with politics . Yeah that would be great.

Not a big fan of the first so meh on the movie .

Sounds like somebody needs a balloon.

They float and when you're down here with us you'll float too.

posted on Mar, 29 2017 @ 01:45 PM
link   

Yeah i have to agree Hollywood hasn't really given us anything truly original in a long while or nothing that was any good at least anyway, i do think the teaser for IT shows promise but i am prepared to be disappointed.

On the subject of remakes and without wanting to go off on a tangent the Matrix do over rumors fill me with dread some things are better left alone but in the current climate of said remakes its as good a franchise to revisit as any i suppose but i would just rather they did something new in the Matrix universe rather than try and recreate the original, all Hollywood cares about though is $$$

Again on another tangent but linked i suppose, Keanu is killing it in the action genre i would like to see more movies with the long flowing action like John Wick rather than the shaky cam quick cut crap we've been subject to ever since the Bourne trilogy made the style popular, this would mean however other actors would have to step up their game and be as dedicated as Keanu though....and i very much doubt many actors could get even close.

edit on 29-3-2017 by nickovthenorth because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 29 2017 @ 01:49 PM
link   
a reply to: worldstarcountry

I love the remakes because visually they are capable of so much more. Finally an official trailer.

This is the main or possibly even the only saving grace for a majority of the remakes coming our way but you never know we may be pleasantly surprised by some of them, i think not all of them will be for the better though i'm afraid.
edit on 29-3-2017 by nickovthenorth because: spelling as per

posted on Mar, 29 2017 @ 01:54 PM
link   
It wont be very good and i will explain why. I'm not trying to be a jerk but in our political climate its just impossible to recreate certain aspects that made the movie truely scary.

Pennywise wasn't a mindless killing machine he enjoyed toying with the children which was used to show his true sadistic nature. ,#2 the underlying kidnapper feeling of stealing children was littered all over the first movie and pennywise used common kidnapper methods to get close to the small children to gain their trust which is the opening scene with the boat and sewer. #3 the movie takes on different meaning depending on age, for adults it represents real fears of people stealing your children and for children it is of a monster. #4 the children become adults and fighting back represents the fact that even as adults the monster still exist which is true in real life think serial killers who abduct adults.

Just from watching the trailer i get the feeling the sadistic nature is replaced with madness aka normal slasher horror both adults and children are targeted apparently in the remake. However the feeling of being targeted is probably lost ie being stalked over the course of their life! Yes they are being stalked but pennywise isn't enjoying hes not laughing and being a goofball then snapping back into killer mode.

However i could be wrong and the timing with the whole pizzagate theories going around could make the movie hit.

The remake could be good if it used the same underlying theme and psychology but remakes rarely hit the mark when the people doing the remake dont even understand why it worked and even when they do understand they screw it up

posted on Mar, 29 2017 @ 02:00 PM
link   
a reply to: digital01anarchy

You make some valid points there, i never really looked at it that way thanks for the input.

Just from watching the trailer i get the feeling the sadistic nature is replaced with madness aka normal slasher horror both adults and children are targeted apparently in the remake. However the feeling of being targeted is probably lost ie being stalked over the course of their life! Yes they are being stalked but pennywise isn't enjoying hes not laughing and being a goofball then snapping back into killer mode. Text

This alone will make the movie a different animal altogether and as you say will not reflect the original really in any way.

Hopefully we get the pennywise we deserve and not one just aiming for $$$ revenue.

posted on Mar, 29 2017 @ 02:05 PM
link   

originally posted by: worldstarcountry

I would love them too, but when hollywood remakes they sacrifice plot for special effects. I would prefer to watch a well written plot than special effects.

It is what it is. I also dont care for watching movies more than once for the most part so that has a lot to do with it.

posted on Mar, 29 2017 @ 02:07 PM
link   
a reply to: Ksihkehe

I guess we cant have differing tastes when it comes to movies in your universe?

posted on Mar, 29 2017 @ 02:40 PM
link   
Lets not forget guys, Pennywise was actually a super giant monster spider!! If they manage to keep that very important plot twist, then the visuals of the new spider should be rather freaky.

posted on Mar, 29 2017 @ 02:48 PM
link   

originally posted by: digital01anarchy
It wont be very good and i will explain why. I'm not trying to be a jerk but in our political climate its just impossible to recreate certain aspects that made the movie truely scary.

...Only the sith, deals in absolutes...

I loved the original movie, and seeing that trailer, i too fear that this will just be horrible slasher horror movie, trying to use the same scenes from the first movie, which we loved, just like it was a new star wars movie.

But nothing is impossible!!! I hope they will use other stuff from the book, as the original movie only used like 20% (My estimate) of what stephen king wrote in his book. And it is all about the fear, as you said. Pennywise feast on childrens fear, and he wouldnt waste his time (or have the power to do so) on killing them, if he couldnt scare the crap out of them first!

Stephen kings brother, disappeared as a child without a trace. I think that event fuelled a lot of the stuff he writes about in his books, so the kidnapping theme you talk about, might not be so far fetched.

For me though, it is the fear itself, that is the evil in that book

posted on Mar, 29 2017 @ 02:55 PM
link   

Lets not forget guys, Pennywise was actually a super giant monster spider!! If they manage to keep that very important plot twist, then the visuals of the new spider should be rather freaky.

Have you ever read the book?

He was actually a lot more than that! He is an ancient God (like the devil). In the book, one of the kids travel the universe, even passing the old creator turtle (iam not kidding) and fighting him in one last battle, where they bite each other tungs and has a mind duel

Cant remember exactly how it goes, been a long time since i last read the book.
But this is my favorite book! It is an amazing story, and they way Stephen King describes it, it is like watching a movie!

If you havent allready, go read the book
edit on 29-3-2017 by IAMNOTYOU because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 29 2017 @ 02:57 PM
link   

That was actually not true yes in the book he becomes a spider which to be honest is the worst part but pennywise was really just the childrens worse fears. Steven king usually writes masterpieces but screws up the ending and IT would be a prime example of a screwed up ending. However to be fair publishers pushing a deadline rarely help the creative writing process. That book is like 1200 pages long so yeah i get the feeling the ending was rushed. However "the mist" ending a director changed at it was much better. Pet Semitary was a good ending, needful things was a good ending.

posted on Mar, 29 2017 @ 03:00 PM
link   

originally posted by: interupt42

I guess we cant have differing tastes when it comes to movies in your universe?

I didn't think quoting Pennywise the evil clown would be taken as legitimate criticism of your opinion.

A thousand pardons.

posted on Mar, 29 2017 @ 03:26 PM
link   

Thousand pardon not a huge fan of the original and didnt realise that related to the movie, lol hence my confusion and question mark

My bad

edit on 27331America/ChicagoWed, 29 Mar 2017 15:27:45 -0500000000p3142 by interupt42 because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 29 2017 @ 03:43 PM
link   
a reply to: digital01anarchy
a reply to: IAMNOTYOU
I had no idea about a book, I only saw the movie. Wow, hopefully they go back to some of that book content, sounds really fun!

posted on Mar, 30 2017 @ 01:03 PM
link   
Thanks for this!!! I heard about it almost a year ago and have been patiently waiting!!!
The original Pennywise and story are some big shoes to fill. (See what i did there
). I hope they can do it some justice.
edit on 30/3/2017 by Brian4real because: Grammer

top topics

<<   2 >>

join