It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

End the Russian hacking garbage.

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 30 2017 @ 01:26 PM
link   
a reply to: Indigo5

I guess if you say so and per analytical interpretation should I agree with you?

As America stands today we will never be a dictatorship in any way or form.

At least for now, now when the constitution is gutted out and the supreme court dismantle, then we may talk about it, that if we can talk at all. Right?

posted on Mar, 30 2017 @ 01:29 PM
link   

originally posted by: allsee4eye
If Russia is so powerful that it can install a puppet ruler in the most powerful nation on the planet, then why can't beat rebels in Syria? It makes 0 sense. Either Russia is very powerful or Russia is very weak. Take your pick.

You are conflating Military force with Cyber-Propaganda-Interference Campaigns..

You are aware that Russia has been busted doing the same all across Europe in recent years?

The US was just caught off guard, we thought they would never try it with us.

But Putin's hatred of Hillary combined with his furry regarding US Sanctions made him think less of the risk involved.

GOP in Congress...virtually across the board now...are not disputing that Russia interfered.

You can debate the effect and we will never really know anyways...It's a mute point.

Defending against future attacks is NOT a mute point..and to do that we need to know what happened.

If that leads to Trump or his campaign Team having worked in unison with Russia..That needs to be handled as well.

Neither can be tolerated and both need to be defended against in future elections.

posted on Mar, 30 2017 @ 01:33 PM
link   

originally posted by: marg6043

I guess if you say so and per analytical interpretation should I agree with you?

I provided links...Trump sent in his people to oversee Voice of America...One kid never had real job in his life apart from writing at his college paper about how horrible the DNC was and how great Wikileaks was...he is now overseeing Voice of America.

It's a gross corruption..You can read the links I provided with names and facts of what has occurred there..

Or you can hold on to what you like to believe or want to believe...Makes no difference to me how you move through this world..What you choose to support etc...Best wishes to you.

posted on Mar, 30 2017 @ 02:36 PM
link   

originally posted by: ElectricUniverse
BTW, here is another source confirming "Crowdstrike" made up the report claiming the Russians hacked the Ukrainian artillery app.

WASHINGTON —

U.S. cybersecurity firm CrowdStrike has revised and retracted statements it used to buttress claims of Russian hacking during last year's American presidential election campaign. The shift followed a VOA report that the company misrepresented data published by an influential British think tank.

In December, CrowdStrike said it found evidence that Russians hacked into a Ukrainian artillery app, contributing to heavy losses of howitzers in Ukraine's war with pro-Russian separatists.

VOA reported Tuesday that the International Institute for Strategic Studies (IISS), which publishes an annual reference estimating the strength of world armed forces, disavowed the CrowdStrike report and said it had never been contacted by the company.

Ukraine's Ministry of Defense also has stated that the combat losses and hacking never happened.

www.voanews.com...

I wonder "what other story" Crodwstrike made up?...

Thanks for sharing that. The crowdstrike report is full of conjecture and assumptions anyways, that it is no wonder they flubbed something like that.

Crowdstrike has since amended their article to include the real information...er, I mean "propaganda".

"As of March 2017, the estimated losses of D-30 howitzer platform have been amended. According to an update provided by the International Institute for Strategic Studies (IISS) Research Associate for Defence and Military Analysis, Henry Boyd, their current assessment is as follows: “excluding the Naval Infantry battalion in the Crimea which was effectively captured wholesale, the Ukrainian Armed Forces lost between 15% and 20% of their pre-war D–30 inventory in combat operations.”"

Danger close: Fancy Bear Tracking of Ukraine Field Artillery Units

This is the same company that Comey relied on, even while it was employed by the self-proclaimed victims. On the board of directors is members of Warburg Pincus, the company that funded Crowdstrike. The president of Warburg Pincus is Timothy Geithner, Obama's Secretary of the Treasury. He also worked in the Bill Clinton Administration, and there are pictures of him and Hillary Clinton everywhere. Not a conflict of interest at all.

Of course, the damage has been done, both to the investigation and to credulous minds.

posted on Mar, 30 2017 @ 03:42 PM
link   

originally posted by: LesMisanthrope

This is the same company that Comey relied on,

Can you please provide a link showing Comey relied on Crowdstrikes research?

even while it was employed by the self-proclaimed victims.

???

It was also employed by the Trump Campaign?

Aug 19, 2016 - The Trump campaign has hired security firm CrowdStrike, which also is assisting the Democratic National Committee,

fortune.com...

I can offer multiple sources if need be.
edit on 30-3-2017 by Indigo5 because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 30 2017 @ 03:47 PM
link   

originally posted by: Indigo5
Can you please provide a link showing Comey relied on Crowdstrikes research?

Comey: DNC denied FBI's requests for access to hacked servers

The FBI requested direct access to the Democratic National Committee’s (DNC) hacked computer servers but was denied, Director James Comey told lawmakers on Tuesday.

The bureau made “multiple requests at different levels,” according to Comey, but ultimately struck an agreement with the DNC that a “highly respected private company” would get access and share what it found with investigators.

“We’d always prefer to have access hands-on ourselves if that’s possible,” Comey said, noting that he didn’t know why the DNC rebuffed the FBI’s request.

The director was testifying before the Senate Intelligence Committee in a rare open session on Russian interference in the U.S. presidential election.

Crowdstrike was supposedly a “highly respected private company” ...

posted on Mar, 30 2017 @ 03:59 PM
link   
Russia this. Russia that. Yes Russia is superman. Su-35 > F-22.

Okay. We get it. Geez.
edit on 30-3-2017 by allsee4eye because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 30 2017 @ 04:00 PM
link   

Not that it matters.

Comey said the FBI would have preferred to "get access to the original device or server" that was the target of hacking at the DNC. CNN previously reported that the Democratic National Committee "rebuffed" a request from the FBI to examine its computer services after it was allegedly hacked by Russia during the 2016 election.

The FBI instead relied on the assessment of a third-party security company called CrowdStrIke. Comey told senators that the "highly respected private company eventually got access and shared" the evidence with the FBI.

CNN: Republicans also hacked by Russia

It was also employed by the Trump Campaign?

Then they are idiots.
edit on 30-3-2017 by LesMisanthrope because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 30 2017 @ 04:16 PM
link   

Ah, selective quoting. how honest.

It's likely that Russia has in the past, hacked us. It's also likely that China has hacked us. It's also likely that many other nations have done this. And it's also very likely that we have done this or worse to other nations. So to pretend that it's some horrible act that warrants aggression is stupid.

Now, unless you wish to deny any of that for truthieness, it's a factor in my OP, and needs to be included in your retort, otherwise, it's dishonest. (not that you would ever stoop to that level)

posted on Mar, 30 2017 @ 04:24 PM
link   
a reply to: LesMisanthrope

a reply to: theultimatebelgianjoke

So to be clear...you two are claiming that Crowdstrike fabricated it's evidence to implicate Russia?

That the intelligence communities evidence they gathered corroborating Russia's involvement and everything else is also a fabrication?

That the Senate and House GOP who have reviewed all the classified material and concluded it was Russian FSB APT 28 and APT 29...That IC community intelligence was fabricated?

posted on Mar, 30 2017 @ 04:34 PM
link   

I'm curious. What are FSB APT 28 and APT 29? Where are they located? Who are in these two units? How does CIA know this?

Come on folks, give us some names. We need more details.
edit on 30-3-2017 by allsee4eye because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 30 2017 @ 04:38 PM
link   

So to be clear...you two are claiming that Crowdstrike fabricated it's evidence to implicate Russia?

That the intelligence communities evidence they gathered corroborating Russia's involvement and everything else is also a fabrication?

That the Senate and House GOP who have reviewed all the classified material and concluded it was Russian FSB APT 28 and APT 29...That IC community intelligence was fabricated?

Nope. Like I said, there is a conflict of interest. The company is funded by Warburg Pincus, who has members on the board of directors, and whose president is Obama's former Secretary of Treasury and friend of the Clintons.

As for the conclusions of the IC, they have concluded only with "high confidence".

posted on Mar, 30 2017 @ 05:09 PM
link   
The US has better technology than Russia. Maybe the US hack Russia in the 2018 Russia election?

posted on Mar, 30 2017 @ 05:21 PM
link   

originally posted by: allsee4eye

I'm curious. What are FSB APT 28 and APT 29? Where are they located? Who are in these two units? How does CIA know this?

Come on folks, give us some names. We need more details.

APT 28 ..Stands for Advanced Persistent Threat 28...a place holder for cyber-security worldwide to identify given hackers..

APT 29..Same thing..

APT 28 is the Russian Military Intelligence arm of Russia's cyber hacking capacity..

APT 29 is Russian FSB (Formerly known as KGB)..

They compete for the Kremlin's praise and attention...but both were involved in the 2016 election interference...with most of the credit going to APT 28, aka Fancy Bear, Russian Military Intelligences Cyber crew.

Assuming you wanted a real answer?

This is not conspiracy. They have been identified and tracked world-wide for over a decade.

posted on Mar, 30 2017 @ 05:26 PM
link   

Nope. Like I said, there is a conflict of interest. The company is funded by Warburg Pincus, who has members on the board of directors, and whose president is Obama's former Secretary of Treasury and friend of the Clintons.

As for the conclusions of the IC, they have concluded only with "high confidence".

So you are going for the full-BS?

Crowdstrike is non-partisan...and so much so that the Trump Campaign hired them AFTER they fingered Russia.

"High Confidence" is the highest confidence level by which the Intelligence Community issues reports..

Every member of the GOP, including Trump himself, has admitted the Russians were behind it.

President-elect Donald Trump accepts the U.S. intelligence community's conclusion that Russia engaged in cyber attacks during the U.S. presidential election and may take action in response, his incoming chief of staff said on Sunday.

Reince Priebus said Trump believed Russia was behind the intrusions into the Democratic Party organizations, although Priebus did not clarify whether the president-elect agreed that the hacks were directed by Russian President Vladimir Putin.

"He accepts the fact that this particular case was entities in Russia, so that's not the issue," Priebus said on "Fox News Sunday."

www.reuters.com...

You guys are making moronic arguments...Frankly the dishonesty gets embarrassing and boring after a while.

posted on Mar, 30 2017 @ 06:07 PM
link   

Crowdstrike is non-partisan

Do you know what conflict of interest means?

"High Confidence" is the highest confidence level by which the Intelligence Community issues reports..

"High confidence generally indicates that judgments are based on high-qulity information from multiple sources. High confidence in a judgement does not imply that the assessment is a fact or certainty; such judgements might be wrong. "

www.intelligence.senate.gov

You guys are making moronic arguments...Frankly the dishonesty gets embarrassing and boring after a while.

You haven't made a single argument. You copy and paste from articles you agree with, while trying to discredit ones you do not. I have not seen a single thing formulated from your own thoughts. Copy and pasting, posting links, and so forth, are not arguments, moronic or not.

posted on Mar, 30 2017 @ 06:12 PM
link   

""High confidence generally indicates that judgments are based on high-qulity information from multiple sources. High confidence in a judgement does not imply that the assessment is a fact or certainty; such judgements might be wrong. "

What is "qulity"?

Are you sure you have that quote right?

posted on Mar, 30 2017 @ 06:16 PM
link   

originally posted by: Indigo5

""High confidence generally indicates that judgments are based on high-qulity information from multiple sources. High confidence in a judgement does not imply that the assessment is a fact or certainty; such judgements might be wrong. "

What is "qulity"?

Are you sure you have that quote right?

Typo. Copy and pasting is for the lazy.

posted on Mar, 30 2017 @ 06:23 PM
link   
a reply to: LesMisanthrope

From the Horses Mouth.........

" Putin said the charges were being used as a tool for “domestic American political agendas.”

“[W]e said on numerous occasions and I reiterate that we are confident and positive and know for sure that opinion polls in the United States show that very many people are friendly towards the Russian Federation, and I’d like to tell these people that we perceive and regard the United States as a great power with which we want to establish good partnership relations,” Putin said. “All those things are fictional, illusory and provocations, lies. All these are used for domestic American political agendas. The anti-Russian card is played by different political forces inside the United States to trade on that and consolidate their positions inside.”

www.breitbart.com...

I Challenge those Who Actually Believe this Russian Hacking the Presidential Election Story to Prove this Mans Statement here as False . Of Course the Man is a Tyrant , but sometimes a Tyrants Ego will tell a Truth just to Spite his Enemies . I think that is the case here .
edit on 30-3-2017 by Zanti Misfit because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 30 2017 @ 06:33 PM
link   
a reply to: Zanti Misfit

I think it is telling when propaganda aligns...Bannon/Briebart, Putin etc..

Hold tight to your dishonest defense of Trump and Putin..

I can see where the road leads...each day the fog dissipates a bit more.

BTW - Did you catch the intelligence hearing today where Rubio Disclosed he was hacked by Russia...

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join