It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

How North Korea could kill 90 percent of Americans

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 29 2017 @ 10:05 AM
link   
a reply to: mobiusmale

But 90 percent , somehow i dont think so .

posted on Mar, 29 2017 @ 10:10 AM
link   
Killing 90 percent of americans for north korea should be easy. Just export their aweful kimchi to the usa.

posted on Mar, 29 2017 @ 10:18 AM
link   
a reply to: starwarsisreal
If this is even remotely possible, they need to get some public service announcements ready to save lives.

I have some local folk that will think those troops dropping in from the sky are just some mutated ducks from the nuclear contamination from Fukushima, and make a contest over who can bring down the most, and a prize will go to the one that drops the biggest.

I am only half joking.

posted on Mar, 29 2017 @ 10:18 AM
link   

originally posted by: yuppa

originally posted by: grey580
a reply to: hutch622

For sure it would be ugly.

An emp over the northeast would be really really bad.

YEah and instantly you have millions of volunteers wanting pay back just itching to be given a gun to enact some revenge.

Hilarious. Yea, I can see all the wealthy leftist types in New York and Boston volonteering to go fight NK! They'd probably be more inclined to surrender and pay up big bucks to NK to insure it doesn't happen again.

posted on Mar, 29 2017 @ 10:21 AM
link   

originally posted by: hutch622

Yeah, 90% might be "overkill"...let's just say there would be a lot of casualties, and general order would break down to an extent where it would be difficult for society to function for an extended time.

As none of this is news per se, one would have to hope that Homeland Security has contingency plans for (relatively) rapid recovery from such an event. Even if so, we see just how long it takes for FEMA to swing into action...and how much longer it takes for things to be re-built...when a relatively isolated event like a Hurricane Katrina happens.

I think the far better option is to just swing by North Korea, scoop up little Kim and a few of his other senior leaders...to nip it all in the bud. Without leadership in place, I am fairly certain the NK military would just kind of mill around and wait for somebody to tell them what to do.

Open the gates in the DMZ...roll in a few convoys full of food, beer and hookers (or drop them in by parachute), and invite them all to a reunification party.

Sounds a lot better to me than the near destruction of two countries...

posted on Mar, 29 2017 @ 10:25 AM
link   
Best selling book, One Second After addresses the 90% death toll within one year after the electric grid goes down. Most of the death will be from starvation. Book goes into great detail...

Grocery stores only have about 3 days of food. Most people live no where near farms or other sources of food that could be cultivated. It woudl take about about a week or so after grid goes down and all hell starts to break loose. WIthout electricity, most people won't have running water, food, transportation, or ANYTHING.

posted on Mar, 29 2017 @ 10:29 AM
link   
I believe the 90% figuare is way overblown if NK delivered an EMP. For one thing ranchers and farmers would mostly be just fine. I know we would. No fuel or electricity no problem. Basically you would be back to 1880's. Bigger problem for high density population centers.

No doubt that an EMP over the US wouldn't be pretty but humans have a way of surviving. I think the larger issue would come when we launch a return gift to NK. Would that launch lead to a worldwide nuclear exchange. Israel would become very nervous if we no longer had the ability to back them up. Russia and China may seek to avail themselves of our weakness. Those would be dangerous days.

China should really help us with NK now. If a EMP destroyed the US economy their best case would be a $2.2 trillion loss to their economy. Worst case the above mentioned nuclear exchange.

posted on Mar, 29 2017 @ 11:00 AM
link   
I mostly discount satellite delivery as sensors can pick up nuclear material, having detected, something would have happened to them already.

A direct BM launch is suicide, kinda rule that out except for actual shooting war. Again suicidal in result for NK.

Don't leave out Iran as they are in league with NK.

But......

How would you counter a "mystery" launch from freighter off either coast or Gulf of Mexico.

You'd have short flight time, better throw weights and no apparent defensive coverage.

It's just a few minutes flight time, such short time that defensive units such as Aegis ships may not be released to fire in time over CONUS.

If I was the belligerent I'd launch from three coasts and count on two being successful.

Besides obvious just in time delivery system failure becoming lethal you'd also have nuclear power plant meltdowns as generators for cooling failed along with spent fuel pools boiling off also.

Be a long slow process to come back from that scenario if at all.

posted on Mar, 29 2017 @ 11:03 AM
link   
Buy a gun (or two, or three) and lots of ammo. When it's time to keep the mob from raiding your home, you'll have comfort knowing it doesn't take any electricity to fire a shot.

posted on Mar, 29 2017 @ 11:06 AM
link   

originally posted by: NightSkyeB4Dawn
a reply to: starwarsisreal
I have some local folk that will think those troops dropping in from the sky are just some mutated ducks from the nuclear contamination from Fukushima, and make a contest over who can bring down the most, and a prize will go to the one that drops the biggest.

I am only half joking.

When I read the OP, my thought was about Fukushima. Not about mutants but about which is more likely to reach us first. Contamination in the Pacific or a nuke from the little crazy fellow?

posted on Mar, 29 2017 @ 11:08 AM
link   

originally posted by: LogicalGraphitti
Buy a gun (or two, or three) and lots of ammo. When it's time to keep the mob from raiding your home, you'll have comfort knowing it doesn't take any electricity to fire a shot.

Except those mobs will likley have guns too, so your still #ed.

posted on Mar, 29 2017 @ 11:09 AM
link   
a reply to: whywhynot

Don't forget about medications...

What happens when people can't go to the pharmacy to get their blood pressure, blood thinner, anti depressants etc medication? Not to mention asthma medicine etc...

posted on Mar, 29 2017 @ 11:10 AM
link   

originally posted by: hutch622

Take you typical fat stupid Twinkie eating inner city American that has to rely on a pharmaceutical cocktail to survive.
Then take away there easy food, medication and force them to use there "brains" to survive?

The city’s will destroy each other in weeks

posted on Mar, 29 2017 @ 11:14 AM
link   
a reply to: crazyewok

All that assumes the military and people that CAN help just sit around with their thumb up their ass doing nothing.

posted on Mar, 29 2017 @ 11:16 AM
link   

originally posted by: crazyewok

That depends on how well you shoot. Get lots of ammo and practice shooting at the range. Ammo has good shelf life so buy a thousand rounds every few months. Along with a few cans of beans and soup.

posted on Mar, 29 2017 @ 11:16 AM
link   

Just export their aweful kimchi to the usa.

You know they bury that in large clay pots while it ferments.
I got suckered into opening one.

Buck

posted on Mar, 29 2017 @ 11:19 AM
link   
Well, I suppose I could worry about what that fat little tard is going to do.

But I don't think I will.

posted on Mar, 29 2017 @ 11:21 AM
link   

originally posted by: Zaphod58

All that assumes the military and people that CAN help just sit around with their thumb up their ass doing nothing.

. Those will be the 10% that do survive.

Though in such a event I am guessing the military will be in North Korea anyway and fending off the vultures as Russia and China are going to pounce with the USA in such a weakened state.

The first to go will be all the welfare useless eaters. But the city’s will become warzones of unruly mobs and starvation.

This doesn’t just apply to the USA but any country where there is a high urban population, welfare state, majority in non food production jobs ect.

edit on 29-3-2017 by crazyewok because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 29 2017 @ 11:21 AM
link   

originally posted by: crazyewok

That depends on how well you shoot. Get lots of ammo and practice shooting at the range. Ammo has good shelf life so buy a thousand rounds every few months. Along with a few cans of beans and soup.

What ever you say rambo

hahahaha

posted on Mar, 29 2017 @ 11:23 AM
link   

There will be a lot of military left in the US. And they're not going to just sit there while people die and cities burn. Yes, a lot of people will die, but not even remotely close to 90%.

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join