It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

23 year old kills three teens.

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 29 2017 @ 08:01 AM
link   
abcnews.go.com...

Here is an ATS thread about this topic:
www.abovetopsecret.com...

The part I would like to discuss is what I heard on the news this morning. The 23 year old who was home at the time, grabbed an ar-15, and killed the three teens who had broke in. They had a knife and brass knuckles. Now the shooting seems 100% justified. So in that aspect, I have no problem. But hearing that the 23 year old who killed the teens repeatedly asked the police if the people he shot were going to be OK. This kid was in shock. The reality that he had taken a life (3 lives) hadn't set in yet.

Some might feel the keyboard muscles bulging and the internet bravado flowing, but I can't help but feel sad for this young man who will live the rest of his life with this action. He did what he had to do, but now he must deal with this. I don't find this any different than PTSD from soldiers returning from combat. Some people can take a live and not think twice, others, not so much.

So if you are the praying type, please say one for this young man.

posted on Mar, 29 2017 @ 08:05 AM
link   
a reply to: network dude

A lot of room for fault in that case. But where does the wrong start? With the four young fools.

posted on Mar, 29 2017 @ 08:06 AM
link   

Some might feel the keyboard muscles bulging and the internet bravado flowing, but I can't help but feel sad for this young man who will live the rest of his life with this action.

Agreed and I even feel sad for the 3 teens killed and possibly their parents, assuming they cared about their children. Unfortunately teenagers don't always have the best judgement and do stupid things.

I know If it was me and justified as what appears to be in this case and I killed a teenager , I would have an extremely hard time coping with it. At the end of the day its a kid .

Sad all around.

edit on 09331America/ChicagoWed, 29 Mar 2017 08:09:51 -0500000000p3142 by interupt42 because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 29 2017 @ 08:09 AM
link   
I too feel that killing is warranted if your life is in danger, like in this case. I hope the dude doesn't take the outcome of the situation too harshly.

As for those teenagers, hey, they went looking for trouble and they had a blast.

edit on 29-3-2017 by DarkestConspiracyMoon because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 29 2017 @ 08:10 AM
link   
a reply to: Aliensun

it's over, so blame is kind of pointless now. It just kind of hit home when I hear the police officer state that the 23 year old repeatedly asked if the kids he shot were going to be OK. I just felt a lot of sadness for this young man, and anger at the stupid kids who forced this situation.

posted on Mar, 29 2017 @ 08:19 AM
link   
Breaking into somebody's home is risky. They paid the price. Hard to feel sorry for them but I can sympathise with the shooter. He has to live with the trauma.

posted on Mar, 29 2017 @ 08:22 AM
link   
What's worse is the MSM is trying to crucify this poor guy. This article here.
www.yahoo.com...

"Should the stand your ground law be revisited?" Umm this was not stand your ground, this was the "castile doctrine". Anyway good shooting and I hope this guy will be okay mentally and not face any charges. Title was changed but same story nonetheless.
edit on 29-3-2017 by iTruthSeeker because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 29 2017 @ 08:28 AM
link   
When I read about this in the original thread, my first thought was "I hope he gets therapy right away"

No question, he did the right thing.

Just sad that these stupid kids put him in the position to have to do this.

posted on Mar, 29 2017 @ 08:29 AM
link   
a reply to: iTruthSeeker

Yes. it's bad enough he has to live with the memory of his actions, but to then be worried about charges for protecting yourself in your own home, just NO. Anyone who enters a home without consent forfeits their rights when the cross the threshold (IMHO).

posted on Mar, 29 2017 @ 08:31 AM
link   

originally posted by: chiefsmom
When I read about this in the original thread, my first thought was "I hope he gets therapy right away"

No question, he did the right thing.

Just sad that these stupid kids put him in the position to have to do this.

being honest, when I read it, I was all gung ho for the rights to protect the home and all that. It wasn't until the human aspect popped into my head that these feelings were pushed to the front. It's easy to forget sometimes.

posted on Mar, 29 2017 @ 08:40 AM
link   
"Three teen burglary suspects were shot and killed Monday by a homeowner's son armed with an assault rifle in Oklahoma --
which has a "stand your ground" law "

It's weird. Does the 23 year have the right to be Judge Dredd in his own home. I don't know. I think capital punishment is a pretty heavy price for burglary. Does anyone know what sentence would have been for breaking and entering in Oklahoma if the thugs were caught afterwards?

I think if your life is not in danger then shooting someone may be over the top. But it's sure up for debate depending on the circumstances.

It's sure dramatic to watch this unfold. **eating-popcorn-emoji**

edit on 29-3-2017 by dfnj2015 because: typos

posted on Mar, 29 2017 @ 08:55 AM
link   
Maybe the 23 year old should sue the parents of the teens for his suffering.
The parents would be liable if the teens had performed an act of vandalism.
They are supposed to be responsible for the actions of their minor children.

posted on Mar, 29 2017 @ 08:59 AM
link   

originally posted by: dfnj2015
"Three teen burglary suspects were shot and killed Monday by a homeowner's son armed with an assault rifle in Oklahoma --
which has a "stand your ground" law "

It's weird. Does the 23 year have the right to be Judge Dredd in his own home. I don't know. I think capital punishment is a pretty heavy price for burglary. Does anyone know what sentence would have been for breaking and entering in Oklahoma if the thugs were caught afterwards?

I think if your life is not in danger then shooting someone may be over the top. But it's sure up for debate depending on the circumstances.

It's sure dramatic to watch this unfold. **eating-popcorn-emoji**

the three teens were armed with a knife and brass knuckles. How much of a beating should the son of the homeowner have taken, being that he was home at the time before he was able to defend himself? Remember, this was his home and the three teens who broke in didn't live there. And if you use a tiny bit of logic, you can surmise that if these three teens had went to work at a job instead of breaking into a home, they would still be alive today, and this 23 year old would only have fond memories of shooting holes in paper targets.

posted on Mar, 29 2017 @ 08:59 AM
link   
I agree, not thinking about how the young guy takes it is probably not a concern or a thought a lot will consider. Having a violent background myself I thought about how he would do afterwards, I definitely feel for him now that you read what you did, I wasn't aware of that part of the story..

I once worked with a guy that was about 30 years old that was driving home from work one night and hit and killed a homeless man that crossed in front of him, it was the pedestrians fault though. (A really nice guy, very considerate and friendly too) Still, after he told me the story I said something to the effect of, "Man, I bet that you feel really awful about all of that". He said something like, "No, it wasn't my fault, I don't feel bad at all". I was surprised at his answer. Had that been me I would've felt guilty for the rest of my life, no matter who's fault it was, I never want to be in that position, but, like my co-worker, some people are O.K. with that kind of thing.

Hopefully this guy in the news story is somewhere in-between and feels enough but can get over it.

posted on Mar, 29 2017 @ 09:00 AM
link   

The 23 year old who was home at the time, grabbed an AR 15, and killed the three teens who had broke in.

An Ar 15 isn't the easiest firearm to load, charge, set selector off safe, without some practice. Unless they had one 'ready for bare' he was at least familiar with its operation, probably from experience at the range and therefore knows the power of such a calibre rifle by the concussion, recoil and damage it causes to targets down range.

"I hope they are okay"?

posted on Mar, 29 2017 @ 09:01 AM
link   

originally posted by: butcherguy
Maybe the 23 year old should sue the parents of the teens for his suffering.
The parents would be liable if the teens had performed an act of vandalism.
They are supposed to be responsible for the actions of their minor children.

as it stands the girl who drove the get-away-car, is being charged with 3 counts of murder and 3 counts of burglary. I think you have a point to be made here.

posted on Mar, 29 2017 @ 09:05 AM
link   

originally posted by: intrptr

The 23 year old who was home at the time, grabbed an AR 15, and killed the three teens who had broke in.

An Ar 15 isn't the easiest firearm to load, charge, set selector off safe, without some practice. Unless they had one 'ready for bare' he was at least familiar with its operation, probably from experience at the range and therefore knows the power of such a calibre rifle by the concussion, recoil and damage it causes to targets down range.

"I hope they are okay"?

he was in shock. Not wearing his shoes, I sure as hell can't imagine what he was thinking. But I do agree that he was well trained with the weapon the family chose to use for home protection. We have a 12 gauge, which I consider a much better choice for such a task, but that wouldn't make killing an intruder any less mentally challenging.

posted on Mar, 29 2017 @ 09:07 AM
link   
a reply to: recrisp

I have a friend who also his a pedestrian late at night. He said it still haunts him to this day, and this was about 8 years ago. It was unavoidable, the guy was drunk in the road just around a bend at 2 in the AM. My friend was coming home from a wrecker call.

posted on Mar, 29 2017 @ 09:15 AM
link   

he was in shock.

But kept shooting...

posted on Mar, 29 2017 @ 09:25 AM
link   

originally posted by: intrptr

"I hope they are okay"?

If your gun isnt loaded and ready to rock you are doing home defense wrong.

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join