It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

In historic break, Britain gives formal notice it is leaving the European Union

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 29 2017 @ 10:58 AM
link   

originally posted by: Konduit
Good times.

Haha that just about sums things up from what I have seen

posted on Mar, 29 2017 @ 11:05 AM
link   
a reply to: Konduit

Tommy Robinson, really! That's who you agree with?

posted on Mar, 29 2017 @ 11:08 AM
link   
Congratulations to all of our UK members!
I am very happy for you.
May you have a smooth road to restored independence!

posted on Mar, 29 2017 @ 11:12 AM
link   
a reply to: BlueAjah

The UK already was independent. The proof of that was that the UK can leave without asking anyone elses permission.

posted on Mar, 29 2017 @ 11:18 AM
link   
a reply to: Krazysh0t

I don't care how many links you throw at me. You're seriously missing the game plan here. Crazy shot is an apt name as you're just firing into the darkness hoping to hit something.

posted on Mar, 29 2017 @ 11:19 AM
link   
a reply to: ScepticScot

So how do you explain all the threats we received?

If we(Scotland/NI/Wales/England) were all threatened, what does that tell you about the EU?

It tells me that they need us more than we need them.
edit on 29-3-2017 by Wide-Eyes because: Clarification

posted on Mar, 29 2017 @ 11:28 AM
link   
a reply to: Wide-Eyes

Missing the game plan? Ok... How about cluing me in then. How is Trump supposed to convince Scotland to come on board here?

posted on Mar, 29 2017 @ 11:40 AM
link   

Get your tinfoil hat on. The UK is going to join the North American Union and I think Ireland will join too thanks to your President. The actual republic btw.

posted on Mar, 29 2017 @ 11:45 AM
link   

Trump wants nothing to do with union agreements. He wants to negotiate all of our trade deals one-on-one.

posted on Mar, 29 2017 @ 12:08 PM
link   

Thanks for the wishes of good luck

I am of the opinion that short/medium term challenges are likely, but I remain optimistic that Britain will prosper in the longer term.

Nobody knows of course, but regaining absolute sovereignty for the UK is worth the potential hardship as far as I'm concerned.

The doom mongers all wept that the sky would fall when we kept Sterling and rejected the Euro. They were proved spectacularly wrong. The same could just as easily be the case with Brexit doom mongers.

I am pleased the process has started and we will have to see how it pans out now.
Nobody has anything except opinion right now, so I choose optimism, not a chicken little panic attack.

So thank you for sharing your opinion.

posted on Mar, 29 2017 @ 12:33 PM
link   
All these threats and all the rhetoric coming from the likes of Junker and Tusk up to the triggering of article 50, just demonstrates exactly what they really thought of us.

Now we've triggered it, the rhetoric has softened, simply because they need our custom, as much as we need there's.

Theresa May, even though she is a Tory won't take any shot, just look at how she has dealt with Krankie. Put her in her place and has made her and the SNP look like a bunch of whiners. "We want our independence", "Can we be part of the European Union, pretty please?"

Let Scotland go, Northern Ireland isn't going anywhere despite what Sein Fein claim. We won't pay the E.U £50 Billion, we are standing up to the bullies and they won't be taking our lunch money ever again.

posted on Mar, 29 2017 @ 12:35 PM
link   

So you say.

posted on Mar, 29 2017 @ 12:50 PM
link   

What threats? They only seem to exist in the ramblings of certain newspapers and politicians pushing an agenda.

posted on Mar, 29 2017 @ 01:13 PM
link   

originally posted by: Krazysh0t
It's interesting how you talk about how Britain should stay together as you are stronger while pitching the idea that breaking away from a group of countries acting in concert will make you stronger at the same time.

The EU is many things but it absolutely is NOT a group of countries "acting in concert". It's a group of self-interested countries looking to extend their advantage over their neighbours, while making those same neighbours pay for it.

I appreciate your conviction that Britain will fail miserably, as much as I appreciated your conviction that Hillary would win in a landslide.

posted on Mar, 29 2017 @ 01:15 PM
link   

originally posted by: Wide-Eyes

So you say.

So Trump says. I'm not holding any flames for Trump here.
Trump's Gamble: Luring Countries Into Trade Deals

President Donald Trump is betting big that he can harness U.S. strategic and economic heft to press other countries into one-on-one trade deals, a sharp reversal from recent U.S. policy to negotiate sprawling regional agreements that cover broad swaths of the global economy.

edit on 29-3-2017 by Krazysh0t because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 29 2017 @ 01:20 PM
link   

Well best of luck to them there are alot of powerful and wealthy big govt and people who are likely to try to sabotage their efforts, to make an example out of them..

They have a very rough road ahead of them and many people will be watching closely.
edit on 20331America/ChicagoWed, 29 Mar 2017 13:20:53 -0500000000p3142 by interupt42 because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 29 2017 @ 01:29 PM
link   

originally posted by: EvillerBob
I appreciate your conviction that Britain will fail miserably, as much as I appreciated your conviction that Hillary would win in a landslide.

I have not conviction about this, and thinking I do is dishonest. At no point have I expressed that I am absolutely sure this will fail. I just don't like the road Britain is looking down and am glad I'm not on it.

Way to make the thread about Hillary though. *eye roll*

posted on Mar, 29 2017 @ 01:36 PM
link   
a reply to: interupt42

Sovereignty of a nation rarely commands a low price tag.
I choose to chase that sovereignty and face all potential challenges with optimism.
The OP may not believe in the importance of a nation having absolute sovereignty of its national elected government, and it is an interesting opinion.
An opinion I do not however share.

posted on Mar, 29 2017 @ 01:42 PM
link   
a reply to: grainofsand

Agreed, on its on it has a large price .

unfortunately they have more to worry about as many powerful people with specisl interest will do everything they can to sabotage their chances for a successful transitiom.

Loke i said best of luck to them and i hope them success.

posted on Mar, 29 2017 @ 01:50 PM
link   
a reply to: interupt42

And thank you for your wishes of good luck as well

I'm glad I voted leave, and I won't whine about short or medium challenges as they come.
I believe in the UK, my country, these islands, and people.
I choose sovereignty of nation.

top topics

<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join