It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Loyola University Chicago Offers ‘Self-Identified White Students’ A Safe Space To Feel Guilty

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 28 2017 @ 06:35 PM
link   
Another great idea that a University has come up with, this time it is Loyola. They offer a campus club where you can admit to being racist and complain about racism. Keep in mind this is a "segregated" club.

Loyola University Chicago offers a campus club “for self-identified White students” to admit their own racist feelings and to complain about the racism they perceive around themselves

Read more: dailycaller.com...

Ramblers Analyzing whiteness is the clubs name, it is segregated to only those who identify as white. The club allows anger and confusion about institutional racist to be discussed and don't forget white privilege.

The segregated “affinity group,” called Ramblers Analyzing Whiteness, allows all students “who self-identify as White” to talk about their “anger and confusion about institutional racism” and to confess “guilt and hope about internalized racism.” Members can also “examine what it means to be White” and “begin the journey of operating in solidarity with others and their privilege.”

But keep in mind to join the Ramblers Analyzing Whiteness you need to attend 6-2 hour workshops (white privilege, safe spaces and cycles of oppression) and undergo an application process, this is a closed group after all.

Students interested in joining Ramblers Analyzing Whiteness can’t just decide to start showing up at meetings. No, no.

Like other white affinity groups in the United States — such as, say, the white supremacist organization American Vanguard — Ramblers Analyzing Whiteness is a closed group.
Members must undergo an application process and take part in half a dozen two-hour workshops on topics including white privilege, safe spaces and cycles of oppression, according to Campus Reform.

edit on 28-3-2017 by seasonal because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 28 2017 @ 06:40 PM
link   
Who cares? Does this affect you in any way, shape, or form? If not then stop complaining about it because it just makes you come out looking like the crybaby you claim other people are being.
edit on 3/28/2017 by 3NL1GHT3N3D1 because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 28 2017 @ 06:41 PM
link   

originally posted by: seasonal
Another great idea that a University has come up with, this time it is Loyola. They offer a campus club where you can admit to being racist and complain about racism. Keep in mind this is a "segregated" club.

Loyola University Chicago offers a campus club “for self-identified White students” to admit their own racist feelings and to complain about the racism they perceive around themselves

Read more: dailycaller.com...

Ramblers Analyzing whiteness is the clubs name, it is segregated to only those who identify as white. The club allows anger and confusion about institutional racist to be discussed and don't forget white privilege.

The segregated “affinity group,” called Ramblers Analyzing Whiteness, allows all students “who self-identify as White” to talk about their “anger and confusion about institutional racism” and to confess “guilt and hope about internalized racism.” Members can also “examine what it means to be White” and “begin the journey of operating in solidarity with others and their privilege.”

But keep in mind to join the Ramblers Analyzing Whiteness you need to attend 6-2 hour workshops (white privilege, safe spaces and cycles of oppression) and undergo an application process, this is a closed group after all.

Students interested in joining Ramblers Analyzing Whiteness can’t just decide to start showing up at meetings. No, no.

Like other white affinity groups in the United States — such as, say, the white supremacist organization American Vanguard — Ramblers Analyzing Whiteness is a closed group.
Members must undergo an application process and take part in half a dozen two-hour workshops on topics including white privilege, safe spaces and cycles of oppression, according to Campus Reform.

Based on the application process and prerequisites, it would seem that anyone with a functioning brain would be excluded.
edit on 3/28/2017 by pteridine because: Syntax

posted on Mar, 28 2017 @ 06:42 PM
link   

originally posted by: 3NL1GHT3N3D1
Who cares? Does this affect you in any way, shape, or form? If not then stop complaining about it because it just makes you come out looking like the crybaby you claim other people are being.

Um, future generations.

posted on Mar, 28 2017 @ 06:43 PM
link   
Lol. Pathetic.

Hmm. If this trend continues Western higher education will be worthless, and the degrees will be glorified toilet paper (some already are).

posted on Mar, 28 2017 @ 06:49 PM
link   
These types are making me feel a lot smarter every day!

posted on Mar, 28 2017 @ 06:49 PM
link   
a reply to: seasonal

Um, it's none of your business, point blank. How other people raise their children is their business, not yours. Stop trying to control what other people can or cannot participate in.

I don't agree with church but you don't see me going around complaining about how other people choose to live their lives.

+7 more 
posted on Mar, 28 2017 @ 06:51 PM
link   

What an asinine response...

Higher Education has already become watered down in regards to the grading system and peer interaction, but now you want to validate their attempt at Social Engineering..?

Fool.

posted on Mar, 28 2017 @ 06:53 PM
link   
a reply to: BestinShow

Social engineering? I didn't know this was mandatory, I thought it was voluntary. No one is forcing people to attend this.

posted on Mar, 28 2017 @ 06:55 PM
link   
a reply to: 3NL1GHT3N3D1

I'm just posting a thread on ATS, I really find it odd you think I am against it.

Oh, I find it funny that someone would make it their business to tell me it isn't my business.

Circular logic is amusing.
edit on 28-3-2017 by seasonal because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 28 2017 @ 06:56 PM
link   

Are you saying this is a good idea?

link   
Whether we agree with this or not is quite irrelevant.

What we should support is the discussion taking place on the issue(s).

Personally, I think it's stupid, but there are people out there that need a place to discuss their internal thoughts/feelings and I would rather it take place in that sort of environment than have it manifest itself on the streets.

Communication being perpetuated in any situation which allows it to occur freely should never be shot down and if you read the actual source, it's intent is noble.
edit on 28-3-2017 by introvert because: (no reason given)

edit on 28-3-2017 by introvert because: (no reason given)

link   

Well your "Tissue? Cry Baby..." meme pretty much implies that you are against it. There's nothing odd about pointing out the obvious.

posted on Mar, 28 2017 @ 06:57 PM
link   

This is the future of our nation.

At this rate, I'll never be able to retire because weak little sissies won't be able to handle the real world.

posted on Mar, 28 2017 @ 06:57 PM
link   
its not my fault im white. Its my parents. If anyone should feel guilty it should be them. Im an innocent victim. I wonder if i can get a white-guilt disability check or something?

posted on Mar, 28 2017 @ 06:58 PM
link   

Sr. Drill Instructor Gunnery Sergeant Hartman is hard but fair, everyone one is a worthless piece of amphibian sh@@.
warning language.

kubrick sure got this right, the first two weeks on PI i will never forget.

edit on 28-3-2017 by hounddoghowlie because: cause damn i'm getting old he's a gunny not a SSgt, i should have looked harder three up, two down

edit on 28-3-2017 by hounddoghowlie because: (no reason given)

link   

That is reserved for knee jerk reactions.

link   

a reply to: BestinShow

Social engineering? I didn't know this was mandatory, I thought it was voluntary. No one is forcing people to attend this.

Do you think social engineering requires voluntary participants?

link   

That's the point. When you can convince someone to do something through consent you have complete control over them.

posted on Mar, 28 2017 @ 07:02 PM
link   
If a safe space is what they need to get over their supposed guilt then hey, they pays their money, they should get their money's worth.

Meanwhile, I'll laugh at their foolishness.

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join