It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Trump signs order undoing Obama climate change policies

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 28 2017 @ 04:40 PM
link   
a reply to: UpIsNowDown

Oil became linked to the dollar in 1974, after the 1973 oil crisis that many said it was created in order to push for the petrodollar and take the US currency from its gold link to oil.

posted on Mar, 28 2017 @ 08:51 PM
link   

originally posted by: allsee4eye
Anyone know if the US pulling out of the Paris climate agreement?

Damn , I hope so....

posted on Mar, 28 2017 @ 08:55 PM
link   

originally posted by: marg6043

One of the primary Obama agendas when he became president was to work on control of environmental policies and to push for clean air act in order to funnel billions of dollar for green initiatives to make it exact it was about 150 Billion .

That is why regulations were passed and enacted, to give the green initiatives a way to profit, but sadly most of the money went to waste and abuse when some scandals behind those in that agenda were getting pay offs for working on Obama presidential campaign.

Green became part of big corporate agendas and the money was blown away.

Yeah , that money disappeared real quick , didnt it ? Then the companies that were recipients of Obama's "gift" declared bankruptcy

posted on Mar, 28 2017 @ 08:57 PM
link   

You Mean the Paris Carbon Tax Ponzi Scheme Agreement ?

posted on Mar, 28 2017 @ 09:00 PM
link   

The Paris agreement is non binding and meaningless. It's not worth the paper it's written on, the goals it does set are unattainable, pure fantasy.

posted on Mar, 28 2017 @ 09:14 PM
link   

originally posted by: TiredofControlFreaks

So oil and coal are "bad for peoples health" are they??

Gee, lets see what oil and coal do for the benefit of peoples health....

Refrigeration to keep your food cold and safe from rot
Most hospital equipment is plastic and made from oil.
Protection from the elements ie you have heat when its cold and you can air condition your home when its hot"
Transportation of food and medicines and necessary products like clothes etc.

Man, the benefits of oil and coal are just about endless.

Compare your life with limitless access to relatively cheap energy to the lives of those in India where energy availablity can be hit or miss.

I am sure you will agree that oil and coal has an overall beneficial health effect on the population.

What are you talking about?

Fossil fuels are the Great Satan itself.

posted on Mar, 28 2017 @ 10:20 PM
link   
a reply to: D8Tee

yeah but I don't see too many people giving up their cars, not heating or air conditioning their homes, giving up plastics, refrigeration (even UpsandDowns who thinks that these things are conveniences and not necessary at all).

So I guess we all worship at the alter of evil.

posted on Mar, 28 2017 @ 11:48 PM
link   
a reply to: Gothmog

You have no idea and we need an entire new thread just for that one.

posted on Mar, 28 2017 @ 11:48 PM
link   

yeah but I don't see too many people giving up their cars, not heating or air conditioning their homes, giving up plastics, refrigeration (even UpsandDowns who thinks that these things are conveniences and not necessary at all).

So I guess we all worship at the alter of evil.

They have utopian dreams.

Fairy tales are real, wishes do come true.

It's safe to say that all the advances that fossil fuels have brought to civilization have been forgotten by a segment of the population.

Perhaps they would like to go back to hunting whales, thats a renewable resource.

posted on Mar, 29 2017 @ 01:21 AM
link   
This is terrible news!

Now, with plenty of energy coming from friendly neighbors instead of angry suppliers, we'll never get to $20 a gallon gasoline. People will still be able to drive cars and get in the way of the elites.

Poor people won't be freezing to death during the winter, and they'll be comfortable during the summer. They'll have plenty of food to eat. How are the elite supposed to control such a large population? They only really need about 10% of us.

Poor people will have affordable electricity, and they can watch TV and surf the Internet. Does no one realize how much propaganda it will take to cover all those communication channels? Even worse, they'll have electric lights so they'll be able to read... and you can bet they'll be reading stuff they shouldn't be reading.

Trump has to be stopped at all costs! He's destroying everything the establishment has accomplished!

Oh, wait... those are good things... never mind.

TheRedneck

posted on Mar, 29 2017 @ 01:54 AM
link   

Protection from the elements ie you have heat when its cold and you can air condition your home when its hot"

Compare your life with limitless access to relatively cheap energy to the lives of those in India where energy availablity can be hit or miss.

I am sure you will agree that oil and coal has an overall beneficial health effect on the population.

LMAO all of which you can have from sustainable, carbon-neutral sources if you actually gave a damn. But you choose to sustain the big oil and coal instead.

And who gives a fck if the future generations will have to deal with all the pollution you have caused. You want it cheap and convenient now!

posted on Mar, 29 2017 @ 02:02 AM
link   

originally posted by: moebius

LMAO all of which you can have from sustainable, carbon-neutral sources if you actually gave a damn. But you choose to sustain the big oil and coal instead.
Whats your big plan if you don't mind saying? Does it involve raising energy prices to the point that the American economy can no longer sustain energy intensive industry and it is forced to flee to less expensive regimes?

And who gives a fck if the future generations will have to deal with all the pollution you have caused. You want it cheap and convenient now!
Patience, you can't just turn off the oil supply and transition to alternative energy sources overnight.

posted on Mar, 29 2017 @ 02:03 AM
link   
a reply to: moebius

mobius

I live in Ontario with windmills and solar panels and co-generation plants etc. Do a google search. Ontario is now desparately trying to buy stable electricity from Quebec while we pay to give away 500 Kw of unstable green energy to new york and quebec so our grid won't collapse.

People are losing their homes over this catastrophe.

You are living in a Utopian dream.

Ireland is expecting to pay 438 million pounds for their Ash for Cash scheme
Austalia and Germany are paying the price.

Not to say that renewables don't have a place under site specific conditions but it is impossible to build a stable society on an unstable energy supply.

Now if you are talking emission free nuclear.....well you might have something there but.......activists say no and they are the shadow government that controls us all

posted on Mar, 29 2017 @ 02:05 AM
link   
a reply to: TiredofControlFreaks

Ontario, total fail in their attempts to transition to green energy, skyrocketing energy prices, businesses forced to shut the doors.

Thing is, those same people responsible for the Ontario fiasco now have their hand in shaping the policy in Ottawa, I feel sorry for Canada.

posted on Mar, 29 2017 @ 02:07 AM
link   

I feel sorry for us too. Debt already accumulated so that it will take 2 or 3 generations to pay it off.

Further, those windmills ain't gonna run forever. The debt won't even be paid off when the windmills need replacing.

Lots and lots of extensions to the grid to allow windmills to connect but not one dollar to twin the powerline from Bruce Nuclear to Toronto.

Its such a mess, I am thinking of moving to quebec

posted on Mar, 29 2017 @ 02:09 AM
link   
a reply to: moebius

mobius

have youdisconnected from the grid and live with only renewable power sources?

No?

Then I guess you don't give a rat's ass either!

posted on Mar, 29 2017 @ 02:18 AM
link   
Another green energy fantasy bites the dust, as in Spain and Germany before it.

Thankfully for Americans Trump knew what it would do to the economy down there.

posted on Mar, 29 2017 @ 02:25 AM
link   

I just love it when people try to make us feel guilty for doing the exact same thing they are!

Of course Climate Change is a hoax. Just ask Leonardo Dicaprio how much carbon he used flying someone from new york to la to do his eyebrows while taking bows for his "environmental activism".

Don't look at what activists are saying. Look at what they are doing. That will tell you just how concerned you should be.

Hey....I know....lets have another conference and fly in 50-60,000 people. That will show just how serious we are about leaving oil and gas in the ground!

posted on Mar, 29 2017 @ 02:34 AM
link   

Still waiting to see An Inconvenient Sequel.

You'd think Gore would have released it for free if it was such a noble cause.

People don't get it, maybe they want a carbon tax like the Canadians just got.

How you liking that?

Maybe the Mobius could sign up to pay his fair share.

posted on Mar, 29 2017 @ 02:37 AM
link   

Our lovely premier Kathleen Wynne will get pounded in the next election for the entire mess. Our prime minister Justin Trudeau forced that carbon tax on us while approving the Keystone pipeline line. His latest quote "No country leaves 173 billion litres of oil in the ground".

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join