It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

When did inequality start?

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 28 2017 @ 09:21 AM
link   
Was there ever a point when people were equal?

If we go back to the "big bang" of social equality there must have been a point of true equality.

Could it be possible that those with privilege actually worked their way towards it, and even worse deserved it?

Personally I wouldn't recommend raping and pillaging as a plan for success, but it does seem to work.

posted on Mar, 28 2017 @ 09:25 AM
link   

originally posted by: Krahzeef_Ukhar

Nope.

If we go back to the "big bang" of social equality there must have been a point of true equality.

Nope. There may have been balance, but balance does not inherently mean equal.

Could it be possible that those with privilege actually worked their way towards it, and even worse deserved it?

Very possible, and if not the current person of privilege, one of their ancestors.

Personally I wouldn't recommend raping and pillaging as a plan for success, but it does seem to work.

Do they have an app for that? If not, I'm out.
edit on 28-3-2017 by peck420 because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 28 2017 @ 09:26 AM
link   
a reply to: Krahzeef_Ukhar

There has NEVER been equality. EVER. In fact, I'd say we've never been more equal than we are today because in most western countries, your place in society isn't determined by your birth lineage.

posted on Mar, 28 2017 @ 09:27 AM
link   
It started when the first hunter said to the second hunter "I was here first and I'm bigger than you. Stay off my patch."

posted on Mar, 28 2017 @ 09:28 AM
link   
It started when Eve was declared submissive to Adam
So since man first subjugated women.
Right around the time we stopped having our own fur and started wearing the fur of other animals.

posted on Mar, 28 2017 @ 09:29 AM
link   
a reply to: peck420

Interesting, so are you saying that equality isn't possible?

posted on Mar, 28 2017 @ 09:30 AM
link   

Im guessing you are a fan of Chistopher Columbus?

America is what it is today bc of his raping and pillaging of the indians.

Yes,America is great...however...there was peace and equality with the Indians. They were one with nature and more grounded spiritually.

Who is to say we would not be better off with all of these indians umm...NOT pillaged and their ways and kindness with us still today.

There is an evil in America...it is obvious. I blame it on Christopher Columbus.

link   
There will always be a demographic of any group that will out perform others within the group ...

link   

originally posted by: Sillyolme
It started when Eve was declared submissive to Adam
So since man first subjugated women.
Right around the time we stopped having our own fur and started wearing the fur of other animals.

You can't blame Adam for being given a slave.

posted on Mar, 28 2017 @ 09:31 AM
link   

originally posted by: veracity

Why?

I'm not, but I'm curious how you made that assumption.

posted on Mar, 28 2017 @ 09:32 AM
link   

Interesting, so are you saying that equality isn't possible?

In the truest of forms, nope. Well, not currently any way. And, I kind of think that I wouldn't want to live in a world where we are truly equal.

Variety is the spice of life, they say, and you can't have variety and true equality. The differences make us unequal by the nature of their existence.

link   

Today's inequality can be traced to very distinct actions. Colonization from European nations left many cultures stripped of resources and fighting over new borders they never cared about before. Then religion gave them an excuse to keep doing it.

From there, you have everything you need to morally justify the invasion, subjugation, rape, and murder of anybody with darker skin or different gods.

link   

originally posted by: veracity

America is what it is today bc of his raping and pillaging of the indians.

Yes,America is great...however...there was peace and equality with the Indians. They were one with nature and more grounded spiritually.

Who is to say we would not be better off with all of these indians umm...NOT pillaged and their ways and kindness with us still today.

There is an evil in America...it is obvious. I blame it on Christopher Columbus.

Indians were not peaceful. They raped and pillaged other indian tribes just like any other culture. Indians just weren't advanced enough to deal with Columbus. This fake meme that Indians were living as one among nature and all peace loving is a bunch of crock.

Man has always taken advantage of others. There has never been equality. Someone will always have some sort of advantage of somebody else.

I'm not saying that discrimination is right, but to think that there will every be any kind of true equality is a bunch of bunk.

posted on Mar, 28 2017 @ 09:35 AM
link   
a reply to: Abysha

Today's inequality surely grew from a starting point.

I'm interested in what that starting point was.

posted on Mar, 28 2017 @ 09:37 AM
link   
Going back far enough the physically strong ruled the pack and over the physically not so strong. There was never equality.

posted on Mar, 28 2017 @ 09:38 AM
link   

Today's inequality surely grew from a starting point.

I'm interested in what that starting point was.

Cognitive thought...even before that.

It is laughable to think that colonization was the root of inequality when we evolved from a species that relied on physical prowess to determine mating structure.

There has been no living form found (yet) that is "equal".
edit on 28-3-2017 by peck420 because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 28 2017 @ 09:43 AM
link   
a reply to: peck420

Inequality was well established before colonisation.

Should I have said social equality instead?

posted on Mar, 28 2017 @ 09:44 AM
link   

In the UK, they took it by brute force.

Invaders conquered and divided the spoil continually. Knights were apportioned land; "Landed" gentry. Some are still sitting on titles that Knights established by the sword many hundreds of years ago.

It's source and its cure is evolution. Traditionally, brute force won the day. By its nature it literally "divided" the carcass of egalitarianism. Now, it is not having too much of a conscience and being as fully receptive to order, instruction and willingness to obey without question; to give one's whole life and devotion to career to the extremes. That is the lot of even the middle classes. Only trouble with that is you can only go so far in any direction and you will come to know that even you must live in a prison, the bars of which were forged in the smelting of your own consent.

Only the extremely rich are free and even they have masters. Even the top of the top are paranoid about staying at the top. The only way is down when you are at the top. The only way is up when you are at the bottom. Paranoia and anxiety about security and the future is their "Massah". They can't even walk around freely like you and I because of security issues and threats to their well being.

The only way is up for me. I know this.

I get by on the only thing that I know I really have. That is my wits. I have beaten every kind of foe and competition up to now using these; even brute physical strength.

I don't want to serve another. I lose out on the pile because of that. So my wits are everything and all I can depend on.

Who is free and who is poor? Even, who is evolution truly backing? Who is being "taken out" and who is usurping? That's a good question isn't it; for you to decipher, dear security agencies and lookout posts of the world.

yours truly,

A. Hustler.

(Who is the champion of evolution? Man, hustlers like me have always "been there", lol).

edit on 28-3-2017 by Revolution9 because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 28 2017 @ 09:44 AM
link   
I think it started with Adam and Eve, before that equality was not a problem when there was only Adam

posted on Mar, 28 2017 @ 09:49 AM
link   

originally posted by: Revolution9
I get by on the only thing that I know I really have. hat is my wits.

Sorry, it's a cheap shot but it made me laugh...

But when did it start, was there a starting line we moved from?

If there is a starting line then those in power deserved it.

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join