It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

What's flying in Alaska?

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 1 2017 @ 09:14 PM
link   
a reply to: Zaphod58

what concept drawing have I seen in the past year or two? SR-72?

posted on Apr, 1 2017 @ 09:58 PM
link   
a reply to: PhantomTwo

No, this has nothing to do with that, but timing.

posted on Apr, 2 2017 @ 12:23 AM
link   

Well about that time there were some interesting pictures taken over witchita and amarillo. One being presumably a LRSB contender, the other something hereto unseen. Any thoughts on that?

posted on Apr, 2 2017 @ 06:45 AM
link   
It's been FAR too long since the last Secret unveiling of the B-2 in the 80s. We've got so much dark stuff that's it's about time they started showing us what they spending all the fiat debt on. 20 Trillion in debt how about we get to see the dang cool stuff finally.

I mean heck, at least let us See it before our currency collapses and we can't afford to put gas in the birds anymore.

posted on Apr, 2 2017 @ 09:43 AM
link   

originally posted by: Zaphod58
a reply to: Northernhollow

They started declassifying something about a year or two ago according to rumor. A picture/concept drawing made it into the wild and wasn't immediately squashed with the nearest handy nuclear weapon. It'll probably be a few more years though. As far as they had gotten there's a lot of stuff to go through and clear.
is it a fighter sized aircraft at all I know something like a drawing released and was scrubbed away quickly was it to do with the F24 designation and the fact it popped up in a test pilots book?

posted on Apr, 3 2017 @ 05:00 AM
link   
Was it in a 1995 NASA Contract 18762 Pdf file for future projects?

posted on Apr, 3 2017 @ 09:28 AM
link   
a reply to: Blackfinger

If it's what I'm thinking it might be, then no. I'd be shocked if that study wasn't somehow related though, the era lines up perfectly.

posted on Apr, 3 2017 @ 10:05 AM
link   

posted on Apr, 3 2017 @ 11:54 AM
link   
a reply to: PhantomTwo

It's interesting just how many concepts that yaw-vectoring nozzle made its way to. If they actually flew it, I wonder what kept it from going primetime.

posted on Apr, 3 2017 @ 11:21 PM
link   

For anyone else, here's the link:

ntrs.nasa.gov...

posted on Apr, 3 2017 @ 11:28 PM
link   
a reply to: Barnalby

I think fluedic thrust vectoring and bypass ducts won out maybe. Plus it lends well to another trick i wont go into.

posted on Apr, 4 2017 @ 12:38 AM
link   
a reply to: BASSPLYR

I figured that was the case. It's appearance then sudden disappearance just screamed "it performed well at groom on [insert SAP testbed here] but once we tried fluidic vectoring on [insert another deep black testbed] it flew circles around the one with the yaw nozzles"

posted on Apr, 4 2017 @ 06:45 AM
link   
Works well on the triangles apparently

posted on Apr, 4 2017 @ 10:54 PM
link   

originally posted by: BigTrain
It's been FAR too long since the last Secret unveiling of the B-2 in the 80s. We've got so much dark stuff that's it's about time they started showing us what they spending all the fiat debt on. 20 Trillion in debt how about we get to see the dang cool stuff finally.

I mean heck, at least let us See it before our currency collapses and we can't afford to put gas in the birds anymore.

If it enters operational service and is classed as a strategic bomber then it will be revealed to the Russians under the START treaty (New START). For that reason the B-21 Raider will be like the B-2 and be revealed to the public.

Link to treaty image of the B-2 during exhibition to the Russians.

fas.org...

fas.org...

posted on Apr, 6 2017 @ 12:37 AM
link   
Are nukes still a viable weapon?I thought they were looking at less long lasting weapon systems.

posted on Apr, 6 2017 @ 07:24 PM
link   

[url=https://postimg.org/image/bgu4ceudl/

Well this isn't the plane, but a couple of raptors boot scooting overhead. They are flying what seems like around the clock. Last weekend was to cloudy for me to spot anything or take pics. I heard the plane I'm looking for though on Saturday.

I'm kind of thinking it is the new tanker. That makes sense, that way the raptors can fly from here to Asia with stealth.

posted on Apr, 6 2017 @ 07:45 PM
link   
a reply to: bryan2006

If it is, it's not operational.

posted on Apr, 6 2017 @ 07:50 PM
link   

Oh? I don't think it makes sense to test non operational aircraft up here, because of resource availability. I'm not sure. I've been trying hard to get a good picture of what I see, but it will require a late night with clear weather-forecast.
In any case, the airforce is very very actively flying right now. It's been everyday all day that raptors fly, more like they are in patrol vs. Training. Pretty fun to watch them.

posted on Apr, 6 2017 @ 08:14 PM
link   
a reply to: bryan2006

They test in Alaska all the time. The climactic lab in Florida tells them if the aircraft works in extreme temperatures, but Alaska proves it works in extreme conditions. They have to do some testing in areas where they get a hard freeze to do cold weather tests. The MRJ and A350 chose Minnesota, but for a classified test program, Alaska is perfect.

posted on Apr, 7 2017 @ 06:55 PM
link   

So are we thinking this really might be something?

Maybe Lockheed is looking forward to the C-5 replacement already.

new topics

top topics

<< 2  3  4    6 >>

join