It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Sen. Robert Ortt R-NY and former Sen. Maziarz R-NY, Indicted on Felony Election Law Violations

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 28 2017 @ 12:20 AM
link   

originally posted by: rickymouse
It seems you hear about this kind of stuff then never hear how it ends.

Again, you have proof of this?

I gave you time.
edit on 28-3-2017 by reldra because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 28 2017 @ 12:22 AM
link   

originally posted by: reldra

. It seems you hear about this kind of stuff then never hear how it ends.

I don't understand this statement. Do you have an example?

This is the only post I have made stating I had a source. It is in the middle of the case.

You are online, I will give you time to look.

Remember the fresh orange juice scam, how it was all over the news? Did you ever hear what evolved from that? nothing, they still do it the same way.

When the newspapers here write about a big story and it turns out to be nothing much and interest wanes, that three days of first page news gets retracted or solved on page five in a little article because it kind of got blown out of proportion in the news. It is the same way all over, you hear about things then never hear what happens. Most people don't have a good memory and forget all about things as they see another carrot dangling somewhere else. I went back on about twenty big things I remembered in the news back years ago and researched what happened in the end. Not much changed, people just thought they did, they assumed the person or corporation got punnished. Nothing came of it.

Did you ever study the truth about the Irish potato famine, what really happened there? It was not what we were taught in school.

posted on Mar, 28 2017 @ 12:25 AM
link   
a reply to: rickymouse

Did I ever talk about fresh orange juice or the potato famine?

NO.

You said that I state things and never come back to them. I had a story and a source. Your criticism of it is lacking, to say the least.

This is a news story with a source. It is not about the benefits of orange juice or even lack thereof. FOCUS.

posted on Mar, 28 2017 @ 12:35 AM
link   

a reply to: rickymouse

Did I ever talk about fresh orange juice or the potato famine?

NO.

You said that I state things and never come back to them. I had a story and a source. Your criticism of it is lacking, to say the least.

This is a news story with a source. It is not about the benefits of orange juice or even lack thereof. FOCUS.

Go back and reread my posts and show me one instance where I criticized you. I never criticized you, I actually agree with you on the issue of this Republican congressman being bad.

First of all, I give examples of how stories get buried when they get blown out of proportion, how am I going to give you evidence of something that never got resolved when there was little to no information of the outcome in the news.

posted on Mar, 28 2017 @ 01:03 AM
link   

originally posted by: NoCorruptionAllowed
Looks like people from the republican side watched Hillary and Obama get away with felonies so many times that they figured they could do it too, and get away with it. Alas, they figured wrong..Usually only democrats get that special free pass.

ummm... good try, but no. The Repubs in this region had been corrupt for decades.

posted on Mar, 28 2017 @ 01:18 AM
link   

Looks like people from the republican side watched Hillary and Obama get away with felonies so many times that they figured they could do it too, and get away with it. Alas, they figured wrong..Usually only democrats get that special free pass.

ummm... good try, but no. The Repubs in this region had been corrupt for decades.

Hmmm...seems more dems than repubs on this list of local corruption.Link

But don't let that small truth get in the way of the agenda...LOL.

Seems NY has one of the largest swamps around for local politicians.

posted on Mar, 28 2017 @ 02:02 AM
link   
Shocker: Republicans Account For Most Cases Of U.S. Voter Fraud

The irony of the big GOP push for voter ID laws seems to be that when it comes to actual voter fraud, Republicans are often the ones who are most responsible. Consider the following examples of voter fraud that have been committed over the past few years:

The Florida Department of Law Enforcement (FDLE) has recently closed two cases involving Strategic Allied Consulting, a Republican hired vendor. Although investigators found at least 11 voter registration forms that were of questionable authenticity, no charges were filed due to lack of evidence. Strategic Allied Consulting is the subject of three ongoing cases in Florida. A FDLE spokesperson said that no details could be provided regarding those cases.

Last November two Republican voters in separate states decided to prove how easy it would be to vote illegally. Both were arrested and charged with voter fraud.

In February 2012 a jury found Indiana’s Republican secretary of state, Charlie White, guilty on six counts of voter fraud, theft, and perjury.

Four staffers of Republican congressman Thaddeus McCotter (R-MI) were indicted last August, charged with submitting over 1,500 “forged and falsified” signatures in what the Michigan attorney general, also a Republican, called a “blatant” and “disgraceful” attempt to qualify the congressman for last year’s ballot.

Ex-Head of Colorado Republicans Charged with Voter Fraud - Reuters

Voter Fraud is Real ... and It's all Republicans - Wonkette

NOW, with the partisan BS out of the way, why don't we focus on Reldra's actual topic rather than desperately trying to divert attention away from the facts presented, eh?
edit on 28-3-2017 by Gryphon66 because: Format

posted on Mar, 28 2017 @ 02:12 AM
link   

Former Niagara County Republican Chairman Henry F. Wojtaszek pleaded guilty Wednesday to a misdemeanor election law violation, as well.

Funny how 'election law violation' is only a misdemeanor.

This tells me that demoracy retention is not highly vlaued by those who make the laws. Nor is the transgression of demoracy keeping laws by politicans considered serious.

Funny how having two ounces of happy weed is a crime.

In my jurisdiction, a minor speeding fine is a criminal offience. Does this how vlaued sticking to the speed limit is or does it show how vlaued speeding fines are?

posted on Mar, 28 2017 @ 03:18 AM
link   
what exactly are they being charged for? its not very clear in the article. is it the retainer they had with one of the wives for graphic design or the missing $151,000 dollars? just going off whats in the article it kinda sounds like there was some sort of office issue and someone forgot to file something necessary. if so they should be able to find where it went and if it was appropriate then punish them with whatever is acceptable at that point. need more info though cause the article is quite vague but hopefully we find out in a reasonable amount of time and this doesnt drag on for months.
edit on 28-3-2017 by TheScale because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 28 2017 @ 03:26 AM
link   

This is the only post I have made stating I had a source. It is in the middle of the case.

well it is kind of the norm. we hear about charges but dont usually hear the outcome cause it can in some cases takes months or years for everything to work out. i listen to the radio at work alot and hear some of the updates on these cases occasionally but its usually a quick 20 second sound byte from a case 12 months ago so trying to recall the details and recall the case is tough. so u get big news headlines when these things break and a tiny update down the road if your paying attention still. its just a sympton of being human in the hectic world we live in these days imo
edit on 28-3-2017 by TheScale because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 28 2017 @ 04:01 AM
link   
good?

If convicted they should face serious consequences..

Do you have an opinion beyond republicans are bad Mkay...

You know like how does this effect you... the people in the area targeted, what about the case caught your attention... yadda yadda...that sort of thing.

posted on Mar, 28 2017 @ 04:46 AM
link   

Remember the fresh orange juice scam, how it was all over the news? Did you ever hear what evolved from that? nothing, they still do it the same way.

When the newspapers here write about a big story and it turns out to be nothing much and interest wanes, that three days of first page news gets retracted or solved on page five in a little article because it kind of got blown out of proportion in the news. It is the same way all over, you hear about things then never hear what happens. Most people don't have a good memory and forget all about things as they see another carrot dangling somewhere else. I went back on about twenty big things I remembered in the news back years ago and researched what happened in the end. Not much changed, people just thought they did, they assumed the person or corporation got punnished. Nothing came of it.

Did you ever study the truth about the Irish potato famine, what really happened there? It was not what we were taught in school.

My friend you have missed the point. In your post you stated:

Hopefully we hear how this comes out. It seems you hear about this kind of stuff then never hear how it ends.

Reldra, as usual, has taken taken the word "you" out of context and is accusing you of accusing her of not following up on posts. "We" might have been a better choice of words to prevent the feeble minded from misconstruing your words. Anyone with an ounce of sense can clearly see that is what you meant.

posted on Mar, 28 2017 @ 05:21 AM
link   
a reply to: Irishhaf

Probably not.

Right is bad, left is good. Thread created to "prove" it. Job done.

Aside from just general news, this isn't exactly earth shattering. Politicians got caught being corrupt? Noooo waaaaay!

posted on Mar, 28 2017 @ 05:39 AM
link   
I grew up in oswego country, at least while I was living there it didn't seem to matter what they were, republican or democratic, the corruption was there weather you were talking about little local aldermen and mayors or the state legislators and governor. and, it's not just relating to elections and voting.. there's big money to be made... and wasted.

posted on Mar, 28 2017 @ 06:12 AM
link   

originally posted by: Gryphon66
Shocker: Republicans Account For Most Cases Of U.S. Voter Fraud

The irony of the big GOP push for voter ID laws seems to be that when it comes to actual voter fraud, Republicans are often the ones who are most responsible. Consider the following examples of voter fraud that have been committed over the past few years:

The Florida Department of Law Enforcement (FDLE) has recently closed two cases involving Strategic Allied Consulting, a Republican hired vendor. Although investigators found at least 11 voter registration forms that were of questionable authenticity, no charges were filed due to lack of evidence. Strategic Allied Consulting is the subject of three ongoing cases in Florida. A FDLE spokesperson said that no details could be provided regarding those cases.

Last November two Republican voters in separate states decided to prove how easy it would be to vote illegally. Both were arrested and charged with voter fraud.

In February 2012 a jury found Indiana’s Republican secretary of state, Charlie White, guilty on six counts of voter fraud, theft, and perjury.

Four staffers of Republican congressman Thaddeus McCotter (R-MI) were indicted last August, charged with submitting over 1,500 “forged and falsified” signatures in what the Michigan attorney general, also a Republican, called a “blatant” and “disgraceful” attempt to qualify the congressman for last year’s ballot.

Ex-Head of Colorado Republicans Charged with Voter Fraud - Reuters

Voter Fraud is Real ... and It's all Republicans - Wonkette

NOW, with the partisan BS out of the way, why don't we focus on Reldra's actual topic rather than desperately trying to divert attention away from the facts presented, eh?

Funny...her topic isn't about voter fraud. Did you read the linked source? It would appear there won't be much to come from this.

posted on Mar, 28 2017 @ 06:18 AM
link   

originally posted by: TheScale
what exactly are they being charged for? its not very clear in the article. is it the retainer they had with one of the wives for graphic design or the missing $151,000 dollars? just going off whats in the article it kinda sounds like there was some sort of office issue and someone forgot to file something necessary. if so they should be able to find where it went and if it was appropriate then punish them with whatever is acceptable at that point. need more info though cause the article is quite vague but hopefully we find out in a reasonable amount of time and this doesnt drag on for months.

From what I could gather it has to do with them not going through the bid process of sorts and just awarding the bid to whomever they wanted. It would appear that they just hadn't wised up to starting a foundation to launder the money yet...

The title of the story is quite misleading as there was no election law involved from what I could tell. Maybe the OP can point out exactly what the election fraud part was.

posted on Mar, 28 2017 @ 06:35 AM
link   
Here is another article about it that seems a bit more in depth and not quite as biased. It really has nothing to do with Election Laws and more to do with corruption for payments.

Article

It also links to the last decade of politicians in NY that have been convicted with 31 politicians being on there and the overwhelming majority being Democrat with 25 of them.

Majority Democrat Corruption NY

The Election Law violation misdemeanor was done by the other guy, Henry Wojtaszek, and it appears has nothing to do with the other two in the OP article.

I would guess reldra may have been duped by her source into believing they are connected somehow.

posted on Mar, 28 2017 @ 06:42 AM
link   

It took less than ten replies before someone brought Hillary up.

posted on Mar, 28 2017 @ 07:10 AM
link   
a reply to: Vasa Croe

Funny, if you'd read the links you'd know what I cited is election fraud ... voter fraud and election fraud are often confused.

I'm sure you do want to talk only about something that makes it look like Democrats are somehow "more corrupt" than Republicans when the reality is, of course it's POLITICIANS that are corrupt.

The citations in the article are clear. You're merely trying to obfuscate the issue. How many times does the phrase "election law fraud" have to be repeated?

From your citation of the NYT article (funny that)

The senator, Robert G. Ortt, accused of being part of a plot to pad his own income by using a no-show job for his wife, was arraigned in the Albany County courtroom of Judge Peter Lynch. Mr. Ortt succeeded George D. Maziarz, a Republican who retired in 2014, who was also arraigned on Thursday on five felony counts of filing false campaign expenditure reports.

What law were they charged for breaking? Election law.

Keep playing Red Hat/ Blue Hat games ... and I'll keep demonstrating that Republicans are dirty too.

Or, you can discuss the real issue here either way.

edit on 28-3-2017 by Gryphon66 because: Noted

posted on Mar, 28 2017 @ 07:13 AM
link   

originally posted by: Shamrock6
a reply to: Irishhaf

Probably not.

Right is bad, left is good. Thread created to "prove" it. Job done.

Aside from just general news, this isn't exactly earth shattering. Politicians got caught being corrupt? Noooo waaaaay!

So the comments that suggest "left is bad, right is good" are better somehow? LOL

If we're going to condemn, let's condemn partisanship, not one "side" of it.

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join