It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Would YOU take this Italian Drone UFO for a spin?

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 30 2017 @ 09:13 AM
link   
a reply to: DrWily

Well, if you lose power in any craft your'e fck'd . In helos auto rotation is no guarantee of safety. And landing a jet in the Hudson wouldn't be fun either.

Hopefully you have a good pilot and not a computer in control. I think back when, I was directing my comments at losing one prop on a drone.

ETA: In the case of this particular drone they could have the whole cockpit jettison and deploy a chute or have one to soften the landing for the whole craft.
edit on 30-3-2017 by intrptr because: ETA:

posted on Mar, 31 2017 @ 03:59 AM
link   

originally posted by: intrptr
a reply to: charlyv
Plenty of aircraft lose engines and still fly. The pilots adjust for trim, drones have a different lift mechanism, vertical props instead, but the same principal applies, especially the more computer driven drones are becoming.

Jeez.. again, we are talking NO power here. A plane won't fly without fuel, a drone has no lift or control without power. At least with a plane, you can glide to the ground, but a drone like this with no capability of auto-rotation, will fall like said brick.

posted on Mar, 31 2017 @ 07:12 AM
link   
a reply to: charlyv

"Gliding to the ground" without power, a brick with wings is still a brick.

"Uhhh, no-- we're going to be in the Hudson." Imagine if the Hudson hadn't been there (brick crashes and burns).

"like a brick", everything falls out of the sky "like a brick" without power. You can call it 'gliding' if you want. At least a small two seat drone can deploy a chute.

new topics

<< 1  2   >>

join