It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Would YOU take this Italian Drone UFO for a spin?

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 27 2017 @ 08:45 PM
link   
This is a pretty cool concept!

This strange vehicle might look like a flying saucer, but it's not for extraterrestrials.

Humans looking for a trip that's truly 'out of this world' can now fly in style with the I.F.O or 'Identified Flying Object', a proposed two-seater drone concept that looks like a UFO.

The I.F.O is powered by eight electric rotary engines that push the saucer to an estimated top speed of 120mph (190kph) and can lift it to the average helicopter altitude.

www.dailymail.co.uk...

This looks like it would be fun to ride in. I have seen single passengers that will first be flown in Dubai. Flying Drones and self driving cars look like they may be the thing of the future.

posted on Mar, 27 2017 @ 08:53 PM
link   
It seems cool, but so many of these things never go beyond CAD and you tube promo/investor videos.
Until hydrogen fuel cells become safer and more available I don't see the benefit in e-flight compared to more conventional methods, considering how long the batteries last. TBH I could only look at pics, cant watch videos.

BTW,I hope its capable of auto-rotations.
edit on 27-3-2017 by bananashooter because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 27 2017 @ 08:58 PM
link   
Nope
Dont trust any fully computerised vehicle .

Prefer human operated vehicles .

posted on Mar, 27 2017 @ 09:00 PM
link   
a reply to: VengefulGhost

I would take computer controlled over computer control/drunk pilots.

posted on Mar, 27 2017 @ 09:00 PM
link   
a reply to: neoholographic

That Rotor Powered Design is to Inefficient for Horizontal Flight . Even Tilt Rotor Designs have glaring Limitations . I doubt it would Ever get Beyond the Drone Stage .

posted on Mar, 27 2017 @ 09:01 PM
link   
a reply to: Zanti Misfit

That's what I was thinking 120 mph my azz.

Maybe that fast at full throttle reverse, while falling from high altitude.
edit on 27-3-2017 by bananashooter because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 27 2017 @ 09:09 PM
link   
Yes, I would love to give it a try. NOW with that said would it or could it go complete bad? Shoot yea but that is why i love living life at its fullest.

posted on Mar, 27 2017 @ 09:10 PM
link   
Great comments so far. If one did exist my answer would be based on the redundancy of the design, emergency modes, and number of trials with forced failures prior to public release.

posted on Mar, 27 2017 @ 09:21 PM
link   

I would, but.........you and a few others go first.

posted on Mar, 27 2017 @ 09:41 PM
link   
All the world needs is a new compact and cheap power source that regenerates without using up expensive materials and then things like this will be as thick as flies in a meat market? Oops.. perhaps that's why it won't ever happen.

And yes I would fly this contraption. A nice new Cessna or a Beach Bonanza would be nice as well.
edit on 27-3-2017 by NoCorruptionAllowed because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 27 2017 @ 09:45 PM
link   

Not so far fetched...

posted on Mar, 27 2017 @ 10:11 PM
link   

originally posted by: neoholographic
This is a pretty cool concept!

This strange vehicle might look like a flying saucer, but it's not for extraterrestrials.

Humans looking for a trip that's truly 'out of this world' can now fly in style with the I.F.O or 'Identified Flying Object', a proposed two-seater drone concept that looks like a UFO.

The I.F.O is powered by eight electric rotary engines that push the saucer to an estimated top speed of 120mph (190kph) and can lift it to the average helicopter altitude.

www.dailymail.co.uk...

This looks like it would be fun to ride in. I have seen single passengers that will first be flown in Dubai. Flying Drones and self driving cars look like they may be the thing of the future.

Nice....now simply engineer a template to build and direct a bubble of ionised air around the drone and we are in business.....stick micro-ionisers where the propeller is and position some ionic impellers in the right spots and maybe it will become a real UFO....lol.

posted on Mar, 27 2017 @ 10:15 PM
link   
I like the design better than most concept aircraft I have seen lately.

This type of rotor craft is pretty safe, the redundant motors can be overpowered a certain percentage, so if a couple fail the others compensate and add the amount needed to stay level.

I'd want to see some serious endurance testing on the electronics before I'd get in it.

I didn't notice this in the design, but I would build it so the saucer could pitch almost vertical around the pod, so it could go fast, and the cockpit would stay level, instead of leaning the whole craft like a drone,

Cool thanks for sharing

posted on Mar, 27 2017 @ 10:17 PM
link   

Looks like a cool project to build. I'm not sure the FAA would license it, but is could be a surface effect craft without any issues.

It kind of reminds me of the Moller Neuera (Can be seen and read about HERE)

originally posted by: Mandroid7
I like the design better than most concept aircraft I have seen lately.

This type of rotor craft is pretty safe, the redundant motors can be overpowered a certain percentage, so if a couple fail the others compensate and add the amount needed to stay level.

I'd want to see some serious endurance testing on the electronics before I'd get in it.

I didn't notice this in the design, but I would build it so the saucer could pitch almost vertical around the pod, so it could go fast, and the cockpit would stay level, instead of leaning the whole craft like a drone,

Cool thanks for sharing

Having a stabilized cockpit would be cool too, also why not use polycarbonate for the cockpit? then you could have a much larger field of view.
edit on 27-3-2017 by Guyfriday because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 27 2017 @ 10:49 PM
link   
Doesnt look like a blurry blob on a fake photograph to me...
So no UFO...

Lokks like a drone, probly will sound like a drone...

UFO= U.N.I.D.E.N.T.Y.F.I.E.D-F.L.Y.I.N.G-O.B.J.E.C.T

That thing would be IDENTYFIED as soon as you hear it...

posted on Mar, 27 2017 @ 11:20 PM
link   
Ezekiel saw a wheel within a wheel and heard a great wind........ was it time travel that allowed it ?

posted on Mar, 27 2017 @ 11:25 PM
link   

Looks like a blast! I'd want a camera, and a cool costume, lol!! Imagine the stir that could cause!!!

posted on Mar, 27 2017 @ 11:52 PM
link   

I'd rather have one of these.

edit on 27-3-2017 by mOjOm because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 28 2017 @ 01:14 AM
link   
Auto-rotation will not work with these skinny high-speed props. You would need thick, flatter props that would also need the capability of being feathered. Who knows if the CG of the craft would allow it to be a controlled decent anyway. The only other emergency apparatus I could think of would be a parachute.

posted on Mar, 28 2017 @ 01:23 AM
link   
a reply to: intrptr

That was an awesome video, thanks!!!!

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join