It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Man Given Speeding Ticket from Civilian Complaint

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 27 2017 @ 11:32 PM
link   

originally posted by: Aldakoopa
a reply to: MacK80

I'm not switching insurance over it. Who's to say they don't all do it? OnStar can track so many things about your vehicle, and sell that info to whoever they want. Insurance companies love to see if you're being naughty so they can charge you more money.

The story behind this: My insurance premiums had been steady for years, no indication of any rate hikes. Yet, one night my cousin wants to see what my car will do. He hops in the drivers seat, I hop in the passenger seat, he doesn't put on a seatbelt and sees how fast it will go.

The next 6 month premium I got was $200 higher. Coincidence? Perhaps, but I don't trust that big-brother OnStar that's intertwined with all the electronics of my car.

That sort of thing is one reason we deliberately bought an older vehicle!! No OnStar, no computer hacking, none of that stuff!! I'd rather pay repairs on it, and not have someone tracking all I do.

posted on Mar, 28 2017 @ 01:10 AM
link   

originally posted by: schuyler

originally posted by: dfnj2015
Police rule in this country. Just pay the ticket.

Dispute it!

There is about a 100% chance I would dispute that ticket.

posted on Mar, 28 2017 @ 01:13 AM
link   

originally posted by: MacK80
a reply to: Aldakoopa

I used to travel 145 down a certain road, and I was actually sent a ticket in the mail over it. At a certain speed it's not legal for them to peruse people, and only attempt to identify because of safety concerns. Someone had in fact called in my speeding, and they mailed the ticket, and I never even saw a cop at all.

Anyway, I'm not in disbelief he was given a ticket for a call in. The police just give them out liberally, and if anything is challenged within reasonable non-bull#, they actually back down.

I got one in the mail once, I tore it up and threw it away. Never heard a word about it.

posted on Mar, 28 2017 @ 01:16 AM
link   
a reply to: LoneWrecche

Even if she were a trained officer her "judgement" should not be able to be used as evidence in a case like this, the radars police use to measure speed have come into question many times as to their accuracy, i would fight it all the way.

My gf son is a lawyer he is only a young bloke and i bet he could get me off this if it happened here.

I bet the cop is a punk and a lazy ass mofo and is commonly stitching people up for an easy bust.

posted on Mar, 28 2017 @ 02:47 AM
link   

Miscarriage Of Justice or the state simply demonstrating of how much power they have over you, letting you know who is boss?

Miscarriage Of Justice - yes but then that is a demonstration of tyranny but don't worry, nobody knows that and they still think Perry Mason or Judge Napolitano are going to put it right.

What are you doing to learn your rights in your jurisdiction so that you can defend yourself against such tyranny like this in the country court or whatever the lower court is called in your jurisdiction?

Perhaps you choose not to have any rights through not knowing your rights?

The most common way people give up their power is by thinking they don’t have any - Alice Walker

If your not making any attempt to learn the laws that relate to this kind of thing in your state and expect Perry Mason to come along save your arse then you one of the reason the US is sliding into that big dark black hole of Tyranny.

edit on 28-3-2017 by Azureblue because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 28 2017 @ 03:28 AM
link   
I know one county out here in calif that will write tickets based on non cop dash cameras.

Some of the officers in the county have outfitted there wives cars with dash cameras and have gave out all sorts of ticket from illegal passing to speeding based on the videos from these cameras.

Between this and the county speed traps this county makes a lot of money from skiers going through the county.

One of those caught was a guy in a sports car doing over 130 mph and passing a cops wife on the highway in the middle of the night. he tried to fight it and lost and spent 60 days in jail.
By the way most of the county cars now have dash cameras and they have cut the counties accident liability big time

posted on Mar, 28 2017 @ 04:05 AM
link   
a reply to: MacK80

if you were going 145 mph how did they read your license plates? this is ridiculous, how do they prove such a thing?

posted on Mar, 28 2017 @ 07:24 AM
link   
a reply to: Alien Abduct

Interesting. I got 1 year probation for smoking weed; and never went to my first meeting. No word from it ever.

a reply to: conspiracy nut

They told me it was called in at the court;

As for the plates I wondered this myself, but I took the road a lot, maybe I was staked out. There is also stoplights at the end of it despite the long stretch of straight road; so anyone going 60 would catch me eventually. I only sped on that road, as soon as I came towards town I stopped speeding and drove normally.

There aren't any houses along it, but at my 'finish line' there was 3 houses, before the suburbs start to fill in. It could have been them too.

Also, I guess I'll mention this, it's a far worse crime to be caught falsely informing the police.
edit on 28-3-2017 by MacK80 because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 28 2017 @ 07:37 AM
link   
Honestly this guy can probably get out of that ticket. If you specifically ask to see the radar gun's readings, they MUST show you. If you do not ask, then you're basically taking their word for it. If you know you were speeding, and still ask to see the radar gun, and it shows you were speeding, you won't be so lucky.

Always ask to check the radar. Sometimes they aren't tuned correctly, and could give a false reading. These radar guns must be chrono'd every so often for accuracy. I used this method once, but I was clearly speeding as the cop pulled out a set of tuning forks to show me that the radar gun was indeed accurate. I don't dispute my ticket if I know I was caught red handed.
edit on 3/28/2017 by eXia7 because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 28 2017 @ 07:43 AM
link   
a reply to: eXia7
Tuning fork? Neat.

The radar gun trick though is that even if accurate, some of them have/had to be calibrated per x months; basically even if it doesn't decalibrate at all, failure to check and log this, or something, makes it faulty, according to the police themselves. The idea of this in the court is a wormhole they don't like to think about and they drop it if the cop isn't diligent in updating it.
edit on 28-3-2017 by MacK80 because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 28 2017 @ 07:48 AM
link   

originally posted by: MacK80
Tuning fork? Neat.

The radar gun trick though is that even if accurate, some of them have/had to be calibrated per x months; basically even if it doesn't decalibrate at all, failure to check makes it faulty, according to the police themselves.

Chances are that it's calibrated, your chances of success might be limited LOL. But, it is an option to try and skate a ticket. In this case, they are only going by word of mouth.. I've seen it happen here, happens to drunk drivers all the time. Somebody sees it, they call it in.

One time I was riding my motorcycle with a group of friends, and some of them were cutting up and the cops got called by a random motorist and we all got pulled over. Luckily nobody received a citation for anything, but the fact the world is full of see something say something, you might as well expect more of these types of stories.

posted on Mar, 28 2017 @ 07:50 AM
link   

It is an option, because of how frequently each cop has to update it, but it's pure luck is what I'm saying based on a bet of known information, unless like you were saying otherwise, you know you're completely innocent.

posted on Mar, 28 2017 @ 08:04 AM
link   

While I do disagree with the premise of receiving a speeding ticket based on nothing more than a phone call complaint, I have to say that your personal assertions aren't necessarily correct and are doing little to justify your position.

For starters, I've owned at least 7 chevy trucks in my lifetime, (both 2 & 4 wheel drive) and every single one of them would and did exceed 100 mph on numerous occasions.

I drove several over 250,000 miles and I personally overhauled their engines, never once finding or servicing anything remotely close to a governor.

On another note, I've also fought and won numerous speeding tickets in court and I have never once been forced to pay court cost.

I once beat a speeding ticket in Beeville, TX. where I was clocked on radar doing 91 mph in what they said was a 55 mph zone.

You see back in those days, Texas had violated it's own state constitution when they reduced their speed limit from 70 to 55 mph on state & federal numbered highways without performing the safety surveys required by the state constitution.

I seldom won in municipal or JP courts but I would just appeal it to county and sometimes even district courts until a real law judge realized I was correct and dismissed the charges.

I was aware of this flaw and I used it on numerous occasions to beat speeding tickets and I never once paid a dime in court cost.

Winning in traffic court is like playing monopoly, it's not usually about who is right or wrong, it's about who plays the game the best.

posted on Mar, 28 2017 @ 08:20 AM
link   

A common way out of DUI's is to simply refuse a breathalyzer, especially if you are in a jurisdiction that does not do mandatory blood draws. You will lose your license for a year, but considering a DUI conviction will take it away for 6 months anyways plus much higher costs and associated stigma looking for some jobs, it is a better alternative . Most people who do this get their charge dropped to a reckless driving, even if they were stone cold drunk.

If you are not in a jurisdiction that does mandatory blood draws, refuse a breathalyzer ALWAYS. Your going to lose your license anyways upon conviction of DUI, opt for the reckless driving instead.

If people just get over their fears of the courts, they would realize how easy it actually is to challenge tickets and charges. I stopped paying for lawyers and PD's for ANY traffic related offenses. Its a waste of money and super easy to get dismissed on your own.

posted on Mar, 28 2017 @ 08:47 AM
link   

originally posted by: Flatfish
For starters, I've owned at least 7 chevy trucks in my lifetime, (both 2 & 4 wheel drive) and every single one of them would and did exceed 100 mph on numerous occasions.

I drove several over 250,000 miles and I personally overhauled their engines, never once finding or servicing anything remotely close to a governor.

You won't 'find a governor' because it's programmed into the PCM (power train control module) and it cuts fuel to the engine at somewhere around 95 to 100 MPH. So if you had a Chevy truck over 100 it was either older from before they started governing the engines or the PCM had been reflashed. Every Chevy/GMC truck I've seen that is at least a '99 or newer has that limitation from the factory.

Look at all these hits a Google search has on it...

posted on Mar, 28 2017 @ 09:26 AM
link   

Well then.....maybe that's why I never found a governor on my chevys, my last one was a '97.

I never even heard of this before now. Thanks for the link.

Currently driving a 2004 Ford. I'm not a fan of ford but the price was too good to pass up.
edit on 28-3-2017 by Flatfish because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 28 2017 @ 10:54 AM
link   
a reply to: NerdGoddess

Excuse me, I had a question about OnStar.

Are you paying for active onstar services, or are you implying it will record all those things even when you aren't paying for the service? I'm curious because my 2013 Chevy Spark has onstar, but I never paid for a subscription.

If recording "offline" is the case, then could they get an order to receive information from that device or system, provided he has it in his car?

-Alee

Even if your not paying OnStar they can track and even listen into whats going on in the car. Best thing to do is cut the antenna wire. I believe the police can listen in without a warrant if you don't have the service but if you have it they need one.

If the system triggers because the airbag is deployed they will check on your condition and call for help if needed. That may have changed but I don't think so. I worked at Delphi / Delco when the project went live.

posted on Mar, 28 2017 @ 04:43 PM
link   

originally posted by: intrptr

originally posted by: ZeussusZ
a reply to: intrptr

Somebody thought they saw you speeding the other day. They may tell a cop. Expect a ticket. See how that doesn't work.

Lol, cops don't write tickets on 'hear say' , I bet you never tried to contest a traffic ticket before. I sat thru a whole docket of those once, ever_single_one_pronounced_guilty.

Lol. Are you serious. This cop has just done what you say doesn't happen.

posted on Mar, 28 2017 @ 06:27 PM
link   

In a lot of states, the traffic ticket is civil. A civil action is like when you sue your neighbor. Well everyone knows, you cant just sue your neighbor for no reason, there must be an injury of property, person or reputation. But, most people get confused when government is the plaintiff. But in reality, it is no different. The executive branch (the police) may very well be given legislative permission to sue you in civil court, but by the rules of court, there still must be an injury. Unless you wrecked and caused an injury, then there is no 'case'. UNLESS, you go to the court and start arguing the merits of a case. IF you and the cops both seem to have something for the court to decide, then the court has the duty to do so. There are several things about a civil case that is require, and can they can be demanded to be produced. Or the defects can be waived (which happens most often). There must be an injury, an injured party, a demand for damages (money demand to make whole), a summons from the court stating the claim and the court date and the time required to answer the complaint, and a signature of the injured party giving the lawyer the power to state the claim. A civil traffic ticket lacks all of this. I have challenged tickets in two states and both just lost the clerks files. They do not want to talk about these things. I read the laws, and most importantly, the rules of court, and challenged all of this. In one state, my answer sufficed, the court date was a lie, because I actually went and there was no court, which is abuse of process, which I had mentioned in my answer to the prosecutor. He hid the clerks file (probably a felony). In the other state, went to court, the judge talks BS for the peanut gallery, and then said they'd re-schedule and oops, forgot and lost the file. Those these things are all facts, judges are a-holes and do what they want. I had one judge tell me in open court, 'the state constitution is not a good argument (concerning the limits of governmental power!), and that I needed a better argument' Yeah, right, I needed a better judge. So, just know, they don't wear black robes for nothing. They walk in the footsteps of Satan, and seek to usurp the sovereignty of the people who created their position to serve them (just like God and Satan).

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2   >>

join