It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Man Given Speeding Ticket from Civilian Complaint

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 27 2017 @ 07:01 PM
link   

This happened just about a quarter mile up the road from me (I recognize the scenery through his windshield) and I can't believe it. He was travelling across a bridge, also nearby my house not far from where he was pulled.

To summarize the video, he was pulled over for approximately 30 minutes before he started filming. The police officer hands him a ticket for a woman who had called in claiming he was speeding 'in excess of 100 miles per hour' over the bridge.

In the video he makes states his vehicle can't even go over 100mph. Since it's a Chevy pickup (assuming it hasn't been modified) it is governed at about 95mph, so he is correct on that. This was just the word of a woman saying he was speeding. He was not clocked going over the speed limit. The ticket doesn't state the speed he was going because there's no proof of him even speeding, it only states he was going faster than the posted speed limit.

I don't care if he was speeding or not, I do care about the fact that there is no proof that he was and he was pulled over for 35 minutes and given a ticket (a ticket that, even if thrown out in court, he must still pay the court fees).

posted on Mar, 27 2017 @ 07:05 PM
link   
Police rule in this country. Just pay the ticket.

posted on Mar, 27 2017 @ 07:07 PM
link   

originally posted by: dfnj2015

Dispute it!

posted on Mar, 27 2017 @ 07:08 PM
link   
a reply to: Aldakoopa

He needs a good lawyer and should sue for stupidity after he wins.

They cannot justify giving him a ticket based on that woman's testimony.

posted on Mar, 27 2017 @ 07:09 PM
link   

That's just rolling over and letting them win. It's supposed to be 'innocent until proven guilty', not the other way around.

posted on Mar, 27 2017 @ 07:09 PM
link   

I used to travel 145 down a certain road, and I was actually sent a ticket in the mail over it. At a certain speed it's not legal for them to peruse people, and only attempt to identify because of safety concerns. Someone had in fact called in my speeding, and they mailed the ticket, and I never even saw a cop at all.

Anyway, I'm not in disbelief he was given a ticket for a call in. The police just give them out liberally, and if anything is challenged within reasonable non-bull#, they actually back down.

posted on Mar, 27 2017 @ 07:12 PM
link   

originally posted by: schuyler

Dispute it!

Pay it. Contesting just takes longer and costs more.

Its called "excessive speed", a no proof category sworn to by trained officers. Why would they write a phony citation, they took an oath.

posted on Mar, 27 2017 @ 07:19 PM
link   

I agree, it's injustice no doubt about it.

love trans am btw

posted on Mar, 27 2017 @ 07:21 PM
link   
Person gets caught speeding. Gets a ticket. Tries to get out of it while whining to others he was wrongly ticketed.

Sounds normal. Pay the ticket IMO. 85, 90 or a 100, who cares. Speeding is speeding. Do the crime, man up and pay the fine.

+2 more 
posted on Mar, 27 2017 @ 07:27 PM
link   
a reply to: intrptr

Somebody thought they saw you speeding the other day. They may tell a cop. Expect a ticket. See how that doesn't work.

posted on Mar, 27 2017 @ 07:30 PM
link   
a reply to: ZeussusZ

Well back to my post anyway, 100MPH is the baseline where they start doing this I think.

Seems like a bad choice because 100mph is the go-to exaggeration of speeding cars, so I get your point.

posted on Mar, 27 2017 @ 07:46 PM
link   

So on the one hand you are complaining bitterly about prison "save labor" and in this case you just want the accused to roll over and plead guilty. You are being very selective in your ideas about "crime" in this country. How about some consistency here?

posted on Mar, 27 2017 @ 08:00 PM
link   
He has a right to face his accuser in court right? Maybe I'm wrong. If she doesn't show up then.... he wins, and is just a little annoyed.

-Alee

posted on Mar, 27 2017 @ 08:03 PM
link   
In some states anyone can swear out a traffic affidavit on anyone. It's rarely done, because few people know how to do it. But I've got relatives that do this crap like they're some sort of Junior Traffic Patrol. Most people see a traffic ticket in the mail, they just pay up because they think it's from a cop.

posted on Mar, 27 2017 @ 08:24 PM
link   
a reply to: Blaine91555

As I mentioned earlier, I don't care if he was speeding or not.

I want to see PROOF he was speeding, not just somebody saying that he did.

On a side note, a few days ago they just installed speed detectors to the speed limit signs in the neighborhood. A few miles per hour over and it will flash a bright light. You can see this light from much farther away than the number that it's reading. So by this logic, someone can see that light flashing from a distance, and call and complain that someone was speeding (as little as 2-3mph) and not know the exact speed. So you want to get a ticket for doing a few over? I do it all the time accidentally. I try not to go over the speed limit in my own neighborhood but every time I pass by that thing, the light is flashing and I'm going about 37 or 38. Oops. I went a little too far. Big deal right? It will be apparently if somebody calls the cops on me because they saw the light flashing.
edit on 27-3-2017 by Aldakoopa because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 27 2017 @ 08:27 PM
link   

Be careful what you wish for, it's not like we don't have the technology to deduct your bank account after your speedometer breaks the law.

edit on 27-3-2017 by MacK80 because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 27 2017 @ 08:29 PM
link   
a reply to: MacK80

My car insurance company already does that for me thanks to OnStar.

posted on Mar, 27 2017 @ 08:30 PM
link   

What? You're happy with that?

We don't drive the same cars.

posted on Mar, 27 2017 @ 08:31 PM
link   
a reply to: MacK80

I'm not happy with it but it's the truth, and I do my best at abiding by the law where I see fit. But when somebody breaks the law I want to see proof before their punished. In the case of a ticket, even if you're found not guilty you still have to pay the court costs... so you're still paying a fine. Nothing in this country makes sense, I swear.

posted on Mar, 27 2017 @ 08:33 PM
link   

Is this some kind of situation where you're forced to do this? Legally?

Get different insurance?

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join