It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Big Oil Discovery In Scotland

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 27 2017 @ 04:09 PM
link   

originally posted by: grainofsand
a reply to: Soloprotocol

I'd have no problem with Scotland taking its percentage share, with fair bargaining.
No more Barnett formula, I'd start campaigning for decent distribution of wealth in the remaining UK then.
I wouldn't hold my breath of course but that would be my personal strategy.
I imagine Westminster will try to screw Scotland though, and as I'm not somebody who lives in Scotland it is unlikely I'd make much of a fuss about that...personal selfish reasons apply of course.

No doubt they will try and screw us. All we can do is take it to the EU and get them to settle it through the courts....No laughing at the back please.

posted on Mar, 27 2017 @ 04:17 PM
link   
Since this discovery is in Shetland water I wonder if the nordic people of the Shetland isles will take the oportunity to seek independance. They've been under control of the Scots with not enough say in their own affairs for far too long.

posted on Mar, 27 2017 @ 04:39 PM
link   

originally posted by: grainofsand
a reply to: Ksihkehe

Ah gotcha

Difficult to tell sometimes in the medium of text.
Some rabid Scots do cry "oppression!" so always good to check in my mind lol

I got vaccinated for rabies for that very reason. Damn Scots running around like feral cats.

posted on Mar, 27 2017 @ 04:47 PM
link   

Sorry, I chuckled

posted on Mar, 27 2017 @ 04:53 PM
link   
That could be great for the Scottish economy.
In actual fact, though, the revenue will be swallowed up by EU membership fees and gigantic statues of Salmond and Sturgeon.

Of course, if the SNP drop the ball, this could be good for the British economy as a whole.

Either way, I won't be going for my commercial diver's ticket.

posted on Mar, 27 2017 @ 05:42 PM
link   
FREEDOM through oil !!! Where is Braveheart when you need him... Oops sorry he has gone to pieces by the hands of the bloody British !

On the other hand with the supposedly world oil glut you have to figure we may be seeing cheaper prices at the pump for many years to come; sorry OPEC does it hurt yet?....except for the always present pesky taxes on petroleum products (that seem to never go down but continue to grow) this has got to be good news...

posted on Mar, 27 2017 @ 06:15 PM
link   
America can invade Scotland now đź‘Ť pssst never mention that trigger word oil

posted on Mar, 28 2017 @ 03:23 AM
link   

originally posted by: Matrix76
Since this discovery is in Shetland water I wonder if the nordic people of the Shetland isles will take the oportunity to seek independance. They've been under control of the Scots with not enough say in their own affairs for far too long.

They are as much nordic as those of nordic ancestry living in York,the isle of man and the rest of the UK. Maybe those from cornwall will also like to take the oportunity to seek independence from London on the basis of their Celtic ancestry. Since the discovery of oil the shetlands has been invaded by tens of thousands of people from all over the UK. High population of English born workers.

posted on Mar, 28 2017 @ 02:41 PM
link   

Yet the Shetland and the Orkneys don't want an independent Scotland.

In fact, as the nationalists are using the Scots desire to remain part of the EU as a pretext for indyref2, I am sure they would agree that those parts of Scotland that don't wnat to be independent can remain in the UK, or go their own way.

posted on Aug, 30 2017 @ 03:17 PM
link   
Soon there will be a new type of whiskey on the market: Glen Diesel. I expect it will taste like Highland Bird does now....

If you mix alcohol & oil you get a kind of soap, i expect there will be plenty of that in parliament already.

And no we don't need it (only for revenue) we already have fusion reactors & other goodies. Oh wait you're not supposed to know that......

top topics

<< 1   >>

join