It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Just bought a Golden Boy

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 27 2017 @ 11:25 AM
link   
So I just bought a Henry Golden Boy 22 mag for small game, the price was right got it for half the retail price, being left handed I wanted a lever action as it makes it easier for me than a bolt action. does anyone else have this gun and how are you liking it, I'm more of an iron site kind of guy but how easy is it to switch to a scope if I decide to go that way

posted on Mar, 27 2017 @ 11:32 AM
link   
You should go elf hunting.

posted on Mar, 27 2017 @ 11:41 AM
link   
a reply to: Daavin

I hate to criticize Henry's, as I've heard they are excellent rifles....but I think they are way overpriced. Damn near $600 for a .22?
I just can't see it.

posted on Mar, 27 2017 @ 11:43 AM
link   
Those are pretty nice guns, but a little pricey. For a gun you want to have for many years, it is justifiable. I have my dads old bolt action 22 and I am used to using it.

I like a 22 long for shooting varmints and birds, the Magnum is an overkill for little animals. Longs are quieter than long rifles. Also the Magnums are way more expensive than longs or long rifles. My daughter has a 22 magnum rifle that she inherited from my stepfather.

posted on Mar, 27 2017 @ 11:45 AM
link   
a reply to: DAVID64

Maaaan. 1000$ at walmart

posted on Mar, 27 2017 @ 11:48 AM
link   
I picked it up for 300 used fired maybe 20 times by the guy that bought it new

posted on Mar, 27 2017 @ 12:04 PM
link   
Always wanted a lever action 22- I love the lever action 357's I've used.

posted on Mar, 27 2017 @ 12:15 PM
link   
It's illegal to shoot guns in my county in New Jersey unless you are at a shooting range. Too many people have died from stray bullets. Lots of houses and kids playing everywhere.

posted on Mar, 27 2017 @ 12:20 PM
link   

I will not knock your Henry, bet it looks awesome and is a well built rifle.
About 300$ you can get a new ruger 10/22 and a bull pup stock. Short and accurate. This was one I put together a couple months ago.

edit on 27-3-2017 by seasonal because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 27 2017 @ 12:21 PM
link   

originally posted by: dfnj2015
It's illegal to shoot guns in my county in New Jersey unless you are at a shooting range. Too many people have died from stray bullets. Lots of houses and kids playing everywhere.

So? It's illegal to discharge a firearm within the city limits of most places. That doesn't have anything to do with discussing the merits or issues with one brand of firearm over another. This is not a gun vs anti-gun thread so please don't try to turn it into one. If the topic interests you, start your own thread.

posted on Mar, 27 2017 @ 12:25 PM
link   

originally posted by: Daavin
I picked it up for 300 used fired maybe 20 times by the guy that bought it new

300 I say great buy..

Have never attached a scope to a lever action, but I imagine google can show the way... I know I have seen some set up with that.

posted on Mar, 27 2017 @ 12:29 PM
link   
Both the Henry and the Ruger 10/22 have excellent reputations. I liken them to a Lexus vs a Corolla. Both firearms will last for generations. How many other things that are mechanisms (as opposed to a piece of furniture) get handed down from great grandparents?

posted on Mar, 27 2017 @ 12:35 PM
link   

Have you looked into the Marlin model #60?

Awesome rifle!

posted on Mar, 27 2017 @ 02:59 PM
link   

should have bought and ar15

posted on Mar, 27 2017 @ 03:11 PM
link   

originally posted by: richapau

should have bought and ar15

Canada has some pretty restrictive laws on what you can buy, and how many bullets the gun can have

posted on Mar, 27 2017 @ 03:11 PM
link   
a reply to: seasonal

OP says he's left-handed. Kinda leaves out a bullpup. Also says he got it in .22 mag, so hard to come up with a 10/22 in .22 mag.

To the OP: I have three Henrys, none of them Golden Boys. I have read numerous comments on the GB drop in comb being too much for scoping it. IOW, iron sights are at ideal height, adding a scope puts the sight too high for comfort. There's an active Henry subforum at Rimfire Central with plenty of GB owners.

posted on Mar, 27 2017 @ 03:15 PM
link   
just got back from the range did some plunking, gotta say I love the sites the white dot on the horn really draws your eye to it, and this thing at 25 yards is really accurate

posted on Mar, 27 2017 @ 03:16 PM
link   

originally posted by: Cohen the Barbarian
a reply to: seasonal

OP says he's left-handed. Kinda leaves out a bullpup. Also says he got it in .22 mag, so hard to come up with a 10/22 in .22 mag.

To the OP: I have three Henrys, none of them Golden Boys. I have read numerous comments on the GB drop in comb being too much for scoping it. IOW, iron sights are at ideal height, adding a scope puts the sight too high for comfort. There's an active Henry subforum at Rimfire Central with plenty of GB owners.

Thanks for the forum info will definitely check it out

posted on Mar, 27 2017 @ 10:38 PM
link   

22's are small cal firearms...pointless to me. The Magnum is what makes it better. 22's are like little pea-shooters "PING! PING!".

Anyway...good for kids, lightweight lovers, and small game...

posted on Mar, 28 2017 @ 12:09 AM
link   
Would you consider a ranch rifle for those varmints?

I find the mini-14 to be an excellent rifle.

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join