It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

How do you fly?

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 27 2017 @ 09:25 AM
link   
Recent thread about 2 girls wearing leggings against the rules of "free flights" spurred me to make this thread.

Just out of curiosity. . . . . .

Many of us fly. I do it several times a year. I usually dress business casual (no leggings) simply because a sports coat allows extra pockets for tickets, receipts etc.

I also fly first class. It's my one "thing". I enjoy the extra legroom, the free booze but when I see an active duty person on the same flight, I switch seats with them. My "nod" to the troops.

But I've always dressed appropriately. Too many times I see people dressed more for a trip to Walmart than a flight to another destination. I think it's tacky as hell.

But that's just my opinion.

What's yours?

posted on Mar, 27 2017 @ 09:35 AM
link   

originally posted by: DBCowboy
Recent thread about 2 girls wearing leggings against the rules of "free flights" spurred me to make this thread.

Just out of curiosity. . . . . .

Many of us fly. I do it several times a year. I usually dress business casual (no leggings) simply because a sports coat allows extra pockets for tickets, receipts etc.

I also fly first class. It's my one "thing". I enjoy the extra legroom, the free booze but when I see an active duty person on the same flight, I switch seats with them. My "nod" to the troops.

But I've always dressed appropriately. Too many times I see people dressed more for a trip to Walmart than a flight to another destination. I think it's tacky as hell.

But that's just my opinion.

What's yours?

I can't afford the 10k first class ticket to go to the US.

I'm wearing stubbie shorts, thongs, and a wife beater, carrying my bags of meth and weed in, according to how I am treated, in economy. at LAX

never again...

maybe all I needed was a qur'an and to say allahu akbar, and they'd give me a house, welfare, and all the details. sadly, a 40+ white aussie can't get away with that.

edit on 27-3-2017 by LoneWrecche because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 27 2017 @ 09:36 AM
link   
a reply to: DBCowboy

Well, being from the UK and Male i wouldn't (as would the majority of UK Males) even consider wearing leggings (yoga pants) any time never mind in public ..... they are considered to be women's attire, certainly in the majority of clothes shops (perhaps with the exception of sports wear shops, i wouldn't know i'm not sporty) leggings are found in the female clothes aisle.

Smart Casual for me on any flight, trousers and a shirt. In saying that, can't see a problem with women wearing leggings at all, perhaps because i see it all the time on a daily basis, they appear to be the female 1st choice item for everyday use ( certainly where i am located in SW England)

posted on Mar, 27 2017 @ 09:37 AM
link   

My wardrobe never changes, Cowboy boots, Levis, t shirt, either a Harris tweed sport coat for cool weather or a Lenin one for warm and a Stetson Skyline or Cyprus, Raybans. I usually fly Southwest...Usually to LA once a month and !st class if on an expense account.
edit on 27-3-2017 by olaru12 because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 27 2017 @ 09:38 AM
link   
Always commando in loose and hot sportswear.

many times I see people dressed more for a trip to Walmart than a flight to another destination. I think it's tacky as hell. 

Exactly how I dress. 7-16h flight, have to be comfortable.
edit on 27-3-2017 by Elementone because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 27 2017 @ 09:42 AM
link   

I would generally agree with that. I might have to start doing first class. The last time I was in coach, the 5' tall teenage girl in front of me felt the need to push the seat all the way back and it stayed back the entire flight. I'm 6'2". The flight attendant didn't say a word when we were landing. Very annoying. My biggest peeve are people who cut the line in security.

posted on Mar, 27 2017 @ 09:45 AM
link   

You know I fly weekly, sometimes to multiple cities. I wear jeans, sneakers and a comfortable shirt, most of the time I have a hat. On the transcon routes I want to be comfortable without looking like a slob. I'll probably do somewhere around 150,000 miles this year so I want to be relaxed in my home away form home, 2A.

edit on 27-3-2017 by AugustusMasonicus because: I ♥ cheese pizza.

posted on Mar, 27 2017 @ 09:51 AM
link   
I usually go well wrapped up with several bottles of water, I like to fly alone, even on long trips, although the long trips are quite challenging because when I land, my arms are flippi'n killing me.

posted on Mar, 27 2017 @ 10:00 AM
link   

but when I see an active duty person on the same flight, I switch seats with them. My "nod" to the troops.

That's class right there.
Hat's off to you.

posted on Mar, 27 2017 @ 11:15 AM
link   

Extra sweat helps me get more space...

I also fly first class.

They usually sit me at the tale of the plane next to the bathroom, last time we pass next to first class at the exit, seems nice, I wanted really bad to steal a blanket

ETA: that's my "do you want to go to the bathroom" look
edit on 27-3-2017 by Indigent because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 27 2017 @ 11:42 AM
link   
Just out of curiosity what do you wear? According to your post you don,t wear leggings just a sports coat, cos it's got more pockets in. I hope you wear clean underwear if it's on show.
when I fly I wear sheep skin leggings, a sheep skin coat, goggles and a leather hat with bumps in the side.
Tally Ho.

posted on Mar, 27 2017 @ 11:47 AM
link   

I can't believe nobody has answered 'by the seat of my pants' yet.

I really hope to never fly ever again. I hate it. I hate the lines. I hate the rules. I hate trying to fit myself into seats made for somebody 10 inches shorter and 200 pounds lighter than me.

I drove from my prior home in central FL to my new home in south central WA in 72ish hours give or take. If I had to I could do it again. It was a bastard but at least I could stop when I wanted and bring whatever I wanted on the trip. I don't envy people that are large and have to fly frequently.
edit on 3/27/17 by Ksihkehe because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 27 2017 @ 12:15 PM
link   
I never wear denim for travel of any kind because it gets uncomfortable very quickly, so therefore I tend to dress toward the high end of smart casual. You stand much more chance of a free upgrade if you are smartly dressed, and even if you don't get that I find that the smarter you are the better you tend to be treated. This applies in life generally and as someone who has spent most my life wearing one sort of uniform or another I have naturally high standards regarding my cleanliness and appearance.

posted on Mar, 27 2017 @ 12:23 PM
link   

originally posted by: CulturalResilience
You stand much more chance of a free upgrade if you are smartly dressed...

Even if you were wearing an Armani tuxedo you would not get a free upgrade. The upgrades on most airlines are doled out to frequent fliers based on status and are usually accounted for prior to boarding. An extreme example I saw last month in Denver had over 50 people on the first class upgrade list and none made it since everyone checked in.

posted on Mar, 27 2017 @ 12:38 PM
link   
a reply to: AugustusMasonicus

Fair enough, since this thread is talking about flights I should have mentioned that the last time I got upgraded was on a train journey. I haven't flown long haul for a few years now, but the last time I did I got an upgrade. As I stated I would never wear denim for any sort of travel because its uncomfortable and I have high standards of personal appearance.

posted on Mar, 27 2017 @ 12:39 PM
link   
32 feet per second per second

posted on Mar, 27 2017 @ 12:41 PM
link   
Angry and drunk.

posted on Mar, 27 2017 @ 12:44 PM
link   

I mutter arabic under my breath while untying and re-tying my shoes menacingly.

posted on Mar, 27 2017 @ 01:22 PM
link   

originally posted by: CulturalResilience
As I stated I would never wear denim for any sort of travel because its uncomfortable and I have high standards of personal appearance.

If that works for you it works for me. I prefer my $800 designer jeans that my personal assistant helped me put on.

posted on Mar, 27 2017 @ 01:23 PM
link   
a reply to: AugustusMasonicus

I could say I wear a thong and clown make up, but I already stated that I dress business casual and not for comfort.

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join