It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Marijuana legalization in Canada

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 27 2017 @ 11:26 AM
link   

originally posted by: Krazysh0t
a reply to: bobs_uruncle

So if you wouldn't have the authority to do the things you said you'd do, then why say you'd do them?

Because with a referendum to take Canada put of the political dark ages and become a country, there would be no prime minister, there would be a President. Depending on how political actions were legally managed would be something to be decided based on public input. There are many things holding Canada back, personally I think the foremost is the right to a collective self determination. The second being what PE Trudeau did in 1973, which was hand over the creation of currency from Treasury to borrowing from IMF based chartered banks. Our debtload as a country rose from 16b to 600b in 4 years and now we sit at around 1.3-1.4t. 50% of taxes go to servicing a debt created by our idiot pm's traitor of a father. The apple doesn't fall far from the tree.

Cheers - Dave
edit on 3/27.2017 by bobs_uruncle because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 27 2017 @ 11:27 AM
link   

We been independent of Britain for some time now. About 150 years.

We just happened to follow the same Parliament procedures and keep her picture around and a few symbolic gestures in Parliament.

posted on Mar, 27 2017 @ 11:27 AM
link   

originally posted by: gortex

Australia still has the Queen as head of state but don't try to tell them they're a colony.

Well, they are a colony just like Canada, Jamaica, Belize, new Zealand, Bermuda, etc.....

Cheers - Dave

posted on Mar, 27 2017 @ 11:29 AM
link   

Yea it's not hard to have a referendum and change your political process.

This is the primary reason that Trudeau stopped short of electoral reform, because he knew a referendum would likely be requested for a variety of issues.

The banking situations is a joke though, we have enough silver reserves to be one of the riches countries on the planet, resource wise.

Why are economy isn't pinned on those facts is beyond me. I'd like to see some investments in 21st century jobs like manufacturing of electronics. The more we can export, the better we can position ourselves on these fronts.

~Tenth

posted on Mar, 27 2017 @ 11:31 AM
link   

originally posted by: SmilingROB

We been independent of Britain for some time now. About 150 years.

We just happened to follow the same Parliament procedures and keep her picture around and a few symbolic gestures in Parliament.

Who is the head of state? If you say Queen, we are a colony and therefore not independent. Who can fire the pm? Who can suspend Parliament? Don't say the pm, because Harper had to get approval from the Queen's viceroy, the Governor general. Change your name to John snow from game of thrones lol.

Cheers - Dave

posted on Mar, 27 2017 @ 11:31 AM
link   

I'm more alluding to you promising things as a hypothetical politician that you have no power or authority to keep. I really don't care about your political reasoning as to why you support these positions.

posted on Mar, 27 2017 @ 11:39 AM
link   

I'm more alluding to you promising things as a hypothetical politician that you have no power or authority to keep. I really don't care about your political reasoning as to why you support these positions.

Yeah, I know and I'm too old for a coup d'etat lol. Of course CSIS would have people think otherwise even though they have never explained those 9 natsec statutes they used against me. If I were in a political position to change things for the better, for Canadians in general, I would and I would risk the bullet with my name on it that would surely come. Big money won't let anyone in though to fix things, there is too much money to be made in this dystopian environment riding off the backs of citizens.

Cheers - Dave

posted on Mar, 27 2017 @ 11:43 AM
link   

originally posted by: LesMisanthrope
I don't agree with it. Decriminalization is far better than regulation. The prices will be ridiculous.

Reality disagrees with you.

posted on Mar, 27 2017 @ 11:45 AM
link   

More like there are just too many opinions that don't agree with yours, as Trump is finding out here in the States. When you blame it on "Big Money" it really shows that you haven't done the proper research needed to truly understand the sources of your opposition.

posted on Mar, 27 2017 @ 11:45 AM
link   

originally posted by: underwerks

I don't agree with it. Decriminalization is far better than regulation. The prices will be ridiculous.

I dunno... That near 50% tax is pretty ridiculous...

posted on Mar, 27 2017 @ 11:48 AM
link   

a reply to: JohnnyCanuck

No. Not legalizing marijuana. The things the poster said he would do if he was PM. "Canexit", restructuring the national currency, repealing most treaties, vet immigrants, and lower taxes. I'd think that many of those things would require legislative approval and something like Canexit would require a national vote or amendment.

Right. Gotcha. That's Bob's wish list. Bob's just a little right of centre...lol! Thankfully, this ain't 'Bob Nation'.

posted on Mar, 27 2017 @ 11:48 AM
link   

If it's around 300% less than what it is on the streets, who cares about a 50% tax?

posted on Mar, 27 2017 @ 11:50 AM
link   
a reply to: Krazysh0t

Even with the tax, that's a pretty sweet price.

Plus, if the tax gets used for good things...it's a feel good thing all around.

posted on Mar, 27 2017 @ 11:51 AM
link   
a reply to: tothetenthpower

Simply put each and good profitable industry in Canada get attacked by the greens.

Quebec has asbestos that could be mined with care for a million uses. Closed down by the words if and when.

Ontario moved huge power plants because of "if & when". Huge forests left unused.
Nickel and silver mines sit at low production.

We cannot build any heavy industry because we seem to need unanimous support for every thing from cross walks to oil refineries.
So nothing gets build.

If we try to build close to cities no one want to see it.
If we build out of sight we are abusing the environment.

In the mean time an area smaller than the city of Calgary can power several nations and we don't have the tools to sell the product.

All because one dissenting voice is enough to stall almost any project.

posted on Mar, 27 2017 @ 11:51 AM
link   

originally posted by: RomeByFire
Another poster mentioned, keeping cannabis illegal actually helps the propoganda campaign of it being a "gateway drug." It's found through a black market, so there's a higher chance to come across other drugs only found on the black market.

Pretty much what I said in my first post.

posted on Mar, 27 2017 @ 11:53 AM
link   

If it's around 300% less than what it is on the streets, who cares about a 50% tax?

Wait 28g? I thought that was an 1/8th at first. Yeah that is a great price. Still not too happy about that tax though.

posted on Mar, 27 2017 @ 11:54 AM
link   

originally posted by: snowspirit
a reply to: Krazysh0t

Even with the tax, that's a pretty sweet price.

Plus, if the tax gets used for good things...it's a feel good thing all around.

Yeah I can live with that. Hopefully the tax is reduced over time as the negative stigmas around recreational use slowly subside with growing acceptance.

posted on Mar, 27 2017 @ 11:56 AM
link   

More like there are just too many opinions that don't agree with yours, as Trump is finding out here in the States. When you blame it on "Big Money" it really shows that you haven't done the proper research needed to truly understand the sources of your opposition.

As we slide further, taxes increase, housing prices become even more ridiculous, food prices and gas prices go up, our dollar drops further to increase resource buying at bargain basement prices, austerity measures kick in, the banks haircut your personal accounts according to the economic action plan, etc., yeah let me know how that works out. When people finally get fed up, more opinions will change, it may be too late though.

I've seen this happen in other actual countries and colonies, it never ends nice.

Cheers - Dave
edit on 3/27.2017 by bobs_uruncle because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 27 2017 @ 12:01 PM
link   

When people finally get fed up, more opinions will change, it may be too late though.

True, but that doesn't mean they will immediately agree with your opinion. They may come to a completely different conclusion.

posted on Mar, 27 2017 @ 12:16 PM
link   
a reply to: SmilingROB

Quebec has asbestos that could be mined with care for a million uses. Closed down by the words if and when.

No, we shouldn't be mining poison. That I actually agree with, there's no reason to export asbestos anywhere.

The green party have like 1 seat in the commons and none in the Senate. They aren't the ones doing anything to prevent legislation from going through.

Besides, Trudeau has approved more pipelines than his predecessor already.

~Tenth

new topics

top topics

<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join