It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Prophetic Worship

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 27 2017 @ 12:07 AM
link   
Music is a powerful medium to minister the gospel, the rhythm of a song can flow past the mind of the lost and touch their souls. When you move in the prophetic song/worship you go one step further. You can create a medium for the Holy Spirit to move and touch not only a person's soul but their very heart/being deep within. In a corporate setting there is the possibility for the Lord to minister to many in the midst of worship. No alter calls and prayer lines, God meeting with individuals where they are standing, worshiping him.

I became of more aware of this while I was serving in the worship team of a very small church, consisting mainly of the pastor who played keyboard and myself. After singing 3-4 songs we would flow into our prophetic gift singing in tongues and in English. Out of those meetings I consistently had visitors come up to me afterwards and say, when we started singing in tongues very powerfully with the Holy Spirit, they did not understand what we were singing but God was touching them deep inside and ministering to them, while they were seated.

Another experience I had, one day during worship the Lord impressed upon me to sing the Scripture God has not given you a spirit of fear but of love, power and a sound mind. As I stepped out my chest suddenly grew hot and the heat was growing the more we sang the verse. The next week someone came up to me and shared when I sang that Scripture, the Lord was healing them of emotional trauma they experienced in their past that counseling had never been able to touch and they felt the Lord had set them free.

As living stones in God's house we should come with an expectation that our worship is building an alter for His presence to come and that we need the Holy Spirit to express Himself through us. When we do, we have a capacity to touch many lives for the sake of the gospel.

posted on Mar, 27 2017 @ 01:04 AM
link   

originally posted by: Sharparrow
Music is a powerful medium to minister the gospel,...

A nice rhythmic beat is also commonly used in other propaganda/brainwashing techniques, commercials/ads, for instance.
It enhances the insertion of malware.

The only 'gospel' to 'minister' (according to Jesus) is to be unconditional Love!
Jesus's message wasn't about vain 'beliefs', it is about a state of being, unconditional Love/Enlightenment.
One needn't go pushing 'beliefs' like drugs (that isn't what Jesus sold); shining the Light of Love, people will come to you!

True, unconditional Love is ALWAYS Known by It's unconditional Virtues; Compassion, Empathy, Sympathy, Gratitude, Humility, Charity (charity is never taking more than your share of anything, ever!), Honesty, Happiness, Faith...
ALWAYS!

tat tvam asi (en.wikipedia.org...)

posted on Mar, 27 2017 @ 01:26 AM
link   
That is really great Sharparrow. I believe it. What a beautiful thing. Thank you for reminding us by sharing your story.

posted on Mar, 27 2017 @ 01:44 AM
link   
a reply to: [post=22063175]namelesss[/p

Greetings Nameless

Jesus also said to Samaritan woman at the well " God is Spirit, and those who worship Him must worship in spirit and truth.” John 4:24 Praying in the Holy Spirit, singing and worshiping in the spirit is something that is available to every believer in Christ.

posted on Mar, 27 2017 @ 02:02 AM
link   

Music is a powerful medium to minister the gospel,

Meteors are much more powerful medium.

posted on Mar, 27 2017 @ 02:08 AM
link   
No idea what 'prophetic worship' means, but there is
no such idea taught in the Bible, as to worship God
in spirit and truth is dictated and prompted by God's
Spirit, and not something we do.

Some are lost to the fact, that when Christ was teaching
the concept of worshiping God in spirit and truth, he
was detailing how he himself was led by the Holy Spirit,
EVERYTHING Christ did was prompted and led by God's
Spirit, and not Christ doing it himself. That's what it
means to worship in spirit and truth, the ACT, POWER
is done in and through God's Spirit, and not something
men can work up within themselves.

Like thinking because you're beating on a pair of drums
and making "music" you're worshiping in spirit and truth?

This is what it means to worship in spirit and truth..
Then answered Jesus and said unto them, Verily, verily, I say
unto you, The Son can do nothing of himself, but what he seeth the
Father do: for what things soever he doeth, these also doeth the
Son likewise. John 5:19

Anything else is just man-made, and led by man's own presumption,
and not God's Spirit.

God is never exalted by claiming THE WORKS OF MEN, such as MUSIC
is a medium for His Spirit. THAT SOUNDS LIKE WITCHCRAFT!!!

The Holy Spirit does not use MUSIC to minister, if
there was any truth to such a notion the Holy Spirit
could never minister to the deaf.

Music is a medium to move ones emotions, and not the heart.
In any context music is still in the realm of the FLESH, AS
ONLY faith moves the heart.

Exclaiming music is a help for the Spirit of God is some of the
pagan practices in the modern day Christian churches, and I've
yet to find a modern day Church not following some form
of utter-garbage witchcraft practice.

This philosophy is one of the reasons such people can
BARK LIKE A DOG in a Church service and claim
they are singing in the Spirit. What nonsense.

For the time will come when they will not endure sound doctrine;
but after their own lusts shall they heap to themselves teachers,
having itching ears; And they shall turn away their ears from the
truth, and shall be turned unto FABLES. 2 Timothy 4:3-4

Just another FABLE.

Be still, and know that I am God: I will be exalted among the heathen,
I will be exalted in the earth. Psalms 46:10

edit on 3/27/2017 by MrBlaq because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 27 2017 @ 03:38 AM
link   
a reply to: MrBlaq

I'm sorry but I disagree, in revelations when John was in heaven there is worship and heavenly music. Psalms are prayers that were often sung to the Lord in worship and it was in the midst of worship that David wrote many of his psalms under the influence of the Holy Spirit which was upon His life, many of them have a prophetic insight in them like Psalm 22 which is a very accurate description of someone experiencing a crucifixion.

I do agree with you regarding the barking like a dog, that is definitely not moving in the Holy Spirit but is more likely someone who has the Kondalini spirit operating and they need to have that spirit caste out of them.

posted on Mar, 27 2017 @ 07:03 PM
link   
Psalms are songs that can be sung.

How can one hear unless one preaches and how can one preach unless one is sent Roms 10:15. Faith comes by hearing and hearing by the word of God. Roms 10:17.

Tongues are for those who do not believe but prophecy is for those who do believe. 1 Cor 14:22.

Tongues is not prophecy but from all examples of it where it is understood is the speaking forth of the wonderful things of God. Acts 10:46.

posted on Mar, 28 2017 @ 10:06 PM
link   
a reply to: [post=22066148]ChesterJohn[/po

Hi Chester

May I ask have are you asked for and received the baptism in the Holy Spirit with the evidence of speaking in tongues?
edit on 03 03 2017 by Sharparrow because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 29 2017 @ 06:51 AM
link   
a reply to: Sharparrow

Show me a scriptures that in context that teaches unknown tongues are to be sung or spoken in the assembly.

I was baptized by the Holy Ghost into Christ

1Cor 12:12 ¶ For as the body is one, and hath many members, and all the members of that one body, being many, are one body: so also is Christ.
13 For by one Spirit are we all baptized into one body, whether we be Jews or Gentiles, whether we be bond or free; and have been all made to drink into one Spirit.
Ga 3:26 For ye are all the children of God by faith in Christ Jesus.
27 For as many of you as have been baptized into Christ have put on Christ.
28 There is neither Jew nor Greek, there is neither bond nor free, there is neither male nor female: for ye are all one in Christ Jesus.

If you are speaking of Acts 2 that was Israel and Devote Jews of every Nation and they needed not an interpreter it was a sign for the Jew require a sign.

1Cor 1:22 For the Jews require a sign, and the Greeks seek after wisdom:

If you are speaking of an unknown tongues that is not interpreted it is not to be done in the church read 1 Cor 14.

edit on 29-3-2017 by ChesterJohn because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 30 2017 @ 01:14 AM
link   
a reply to: ChesterJohn

Hi Chester do you mean water baptism or baptised in the Holy Spirit? And if you are baptised in the Holy Spirit do you actively pray in the Holy Spirit regularly?

posted on Mar, 30 2017 @ 06:29 AM
link   

1Cor 12:12 ¶ For as the body is one, and hath many members, and all the members of that one body, being many, are one body: so also is Christ.
13 For by one Spirit are we all baptized into one body, whether we be Jews or Gentiles, whether we be bond or free; and have been all made to drink into one Spirit.
Ga 3:26 For ye are all the children of God by faith in Christ Jesus.
27 For as many of you as have been baptized into Christ have put on Christ.
28 There is neither Jew nor Greek, there is neither bond nor free, there is neither male nor female: for ye are all one in Christ Jesus.

This is Holy Spirit/Ghost Baptism, no water for twenty verses either direction.

I pray everyday as led by the Holy Spirit/Ghost. Where ever I am God's Holy Spirit/Ghost is with me.

No verse in the preserved word of God teaches one "is Baptized in the Holy Spirit" but they do teach we are baptized into Christ and into one body.

People who spake in tongues are never said to be baptized in the Holy Spirit. They are said to be given the gift as they were at the beginning but no one had to interpret.

What you described in the OP was an unknown tongues which needs interpretation and if none if given you are no to use it in the assembly of believers. Again read 1 Cor 14.

Also we are sealed with the Holy Spirit of promise which is not baptism and the God has given us his Holy Spirit which is not baptism. These verses speak of his presence in us.

I don't know where you are getting your teaching from but it is not from the preserved word of God but a created doctrine of men.

edit on 30-3-2017 by ChesterJohn because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 30 2017 @ 10:26 PM
link   

Hi Chester,

As you are aware the Christian faith is very broad from those who believe, some believe and I have encountered them, that the gifts of the Holy Spirit died out with the 12 Disciples of Jesus and the gift of healing is not longer relevant for today and then it differs with your understanding and mine.

The main issue you should be focusing on Is do I believe the Lord Jesus Christ died for my sins and that he rose again from the dead and is now resurrected and seated at the right hand of God the Father. Yes I do believe. Do I read the word and follow His commands and direction in my life? Yes I do.

My experience and journey with the Holy Spirit and how He chooses to operate was from within the Pentecostal community of churches and with my post on worship it came out of a prophetic school which I attended run by prophets who were recognised in the broader Christian community where I live as well as the local church I was attending at the time.

There are actually Four basic diversities of tongues

1. Tongues for personal edification

2. Tongues for interpretation

3. Tongues of deep intercessory groaning

And 4. Tongues as a sign to the unbeliever

Generally most churches here in the land of OZ that believe and allow the baptism of the Holy Spirit all agree that the evidence of speaking in tongues is a sign that you are filled/immersed/baptised in the Holy Spirit. I have only met two people in my life that are baptised in the Holy Spirit and cannot flow in the gift of tongues. One of these people whom I personally know because of their background and what they have come out from needs further deliverance before that gift will manifest. Yet the Lord will still use them with the word of knowledge and prophecy.

posted on Mar, 31 2017 @ 02:17 AM
link   

a reply to: [post=22063175]namelesss[/p

Greetings Nameless

Back atcha! *__-

Jesus also said to Samaritan woman at the well " God is Spirit, and those who worship Him must worship in spirit and truth.” John 4:24 Praying in the Holy Spirit, singing and worshiping in the spirit is something that is available to every believer in Christ.

What, exactly, is 'Spirit', as you use it?
The word seems to have a unique definition for every mind that imagines it.
But lets wring some value from this bit of fluff.
Whatever 'Spirit' is, from some fictional Casper the Ghost to whatever scriptures are meaning, God is it!
Actually, there is not anything that you can fill in the blank with in; "God is _____!" and not be correct!
Not anything exists that is not God!
That is the definition of Omni-, One!
And if dancing or singing "in the spirit" is the thoughtless joyful abandon of spontaneous movement (I thought that was just what dancing is), perhaps with a 'divine flavor', then sounds great! *__-
And no one needs to (vainly) 'believe' in anything!
In Christ = in unconditional Love/Enlightenment!
As per Jesus' definition of his follower, a Buddhist might well be recognized by Jesus as a Xtian, or a Muslim, long before many self-proclaimed Xtians.
So the vain 'belief infections' of religions is NOT what Jesus was teaching and demonstrating!

And everything! is Truth (ALL inclusive), so there is no way to 'worship' (anything/one) that is not "in Truth"!
With Love! *__-

edit on 31-3-2017 by namelesss because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 1 2017 @ 07:27 AM
link   

I am not extreme to the Cessationists (that all the gifts have ceased) or to the other extreme of the Charismatics (that all the gifts are presently active today).

I am sure you are all into the Laughing or holy ghost bartender extreme charismatic end.

You have confused a few items and fail to believe what the Bible says on these issues you show no verses for you 4 basic diversity of tongues.

First lets eliminate the very obvious #3 Intercessory groaning. This is not a tongue at all, this is the Holy Ghost doing the groaning in the spiritual realm not you or any man doing it in the physical realm. The whole groaning in the spirit thing is taken out of context. it is not a gift but a working of God.

Take a look

Roms 8:26 ¶ Likewise the Spirit also helpeth our infirmities: for we know not what we should pray for as we ought: but the Spirit itself maketh intercession for us with groanings which cannot be uttered.
27 And he that searcheth the hearts knoweth what is the mind of the Spirit, because he maketh intercession for the saints according to the will of God.
Notice that God's word says "which cannot be uttered" in vs 26, It means man cannot even utter the groanings of the spirit in this world. And then notice in vs 27, that it is God himself who makes intercession for us according to the will of God.

If you would do a little less groaning and a little more reading of the preserved word of God and study you would not be led astray by false teachings.

# 1 Personal edification. Truly this is a selfish reason to edify oneself over the body of Christ. This unknown and uninterpreted tongue in 1 Cor 14 is actually negated as Paul as being selfish and self centered. From the very first verses of Chapter 14 of First Corinthians Paul teaches that it is best to edify others than oneself. What use is it in the ASSEMBLY if others the body of Christ are not edified?

1Co 14:1 ¶ Follow after charity, and desire spiritual gifts, but rather that ye may prophesy.
2 For he that speaketh in an unknown tongue speaketh not unto men, but unto God: for no man understandeth him; howbeit in the spirit he speaketh mysteries.
3 But he that prophesieth speaketh unto men to edification, and exhortation, and comfort.
4 He that speaketh in an unknown tongue edifieth himself; but he that prophesieth edifieth the church.
5 I would that ye all spake with tongues, but rather that ye prophesied: for greater is he that prophesieth than he that speaketh with tongues, except he interpret, that the church may receive edifying.
6 Now, brethren, if I come unto you speaking with tongues, what shall I profit you, except I shall speak to you either by revelation, or by knowledge, or by prophesying, or by doctrine?
7 And even things without life giving sound, whether pipe or harp, except they give a distinction in the sounds, how shall it be known what is piped or harped?
8 For if the trumpet give an uncertain sound, who shall prepare himself to the battle?
9 So likewise ye, except ye utter by the tongue words easy to be understood, how shall it be known what is spoken? for ye shall speak into the air.
10 There are, it may be, so many kinds of voices in the world, and none of them is without signification.
11 Therefore if I know not the meaning of the voice, I shall be unto him that speaketh a barbarian, and he that speaketh shall be a barbarian unto me.
12 Even so ye, forasmuch as ye are zealous of spiritual gifts, seek that ye may excel to the edifying of the church.
13 Wherefore let him that speaketh in an unknown tongue pray that he may interpret.
14 For if I pray in an unknown tongue, my spirit prayeth, but my understanding is unfruitful.
15 ¶ What is it then? I will pray with the spirit, and I will pray with the understanding also: I will sing with the spirit, and I will sing with the understanding also.
16 Else when thou shalt bless with the spirit, how shall he that occupieth the room of the unlearned say Amen at thy giving of thanks, seeing he understandeth not what thou sayest?
17 For thou verily givest thanks well, but the other is not edified.
Notice that real edification is to others not self. Interpretation is necessary to edify the church (the saved).

But let's take another verse that supports we are to edify or esteem others and not self. I am sure from being of the Kings English you can understand it well enough not to misunderstand

Php 2:1 ¶ If there be therefore any consolation in Christ, if any comfort of love, if any fellowship of the Spirit, if any bowels and mercies,
2 Fulfil ye my joy, that ye be likeminded, having the same love, being of one accord, of one mind.
3 Let nothing be done through strife or vainglory; but in lowliness of mind let each esteem other better than themselves.
4 Look not every man on his own things, but every man also on the things of others.
5 Let this mind be in you, which was also in Christ Jesus:
I write these things to correct and edify you to follow the word of God over the word of men. that ye might be esteemed to do that which is right in the sight of God and not to act out these fictitious teachings in the sight of men.

If you truly has a gift of a tongue that cannot be interpreted then then keep it to your self at home but do not violate the scriptures and speak it in the assembly.

1Co 14:27 If any man speak in an unknown tongue, let it be by two, or at the most by three, and that by course; and let one interpret.
28 But if there be no interpreter, let him keep silence in the church; and let him speak to himself, and to God.
You see above, only and no more than three you have whole congregations speaking in unknown tongues and no one is interpreting violating the very word of God via Paul on this subject.

1Co 14:33 For God is not the author of confusion, but of peace, as in all churches (assemblies) of the saints.

the last two points 2 ans 4 are clear in 1Cor 14 but are they active for today? I thro not.

You still have no verses that anyone is Baptized IN the Holy Spirit.

Filled with the Holy Ghost is a different matter and no tongue in any of Paul's teaching to the Gentiles is said to be proof of being filled with the Holy Ghost. All the verse of filled with the Holy Ghost are under the Kingdom Gospel taught by John the Baptist, Jesus and the Eleven to Israel only.

Paul teaches the Gospel of the Grace of God and a believer of this gospel whether he be Jew or Gentile if filled, indwelled and baptized by the Holy Ghost. NO tongues speaking proves anyone is saved, in Christ or indwelled or baptized in the Holy Ghost/Spirit.

Please get a Preserved English Bible read it and read it and read it become so familiar with it that no one can deceive you on any issue. Keep the context, as the context of 1Cor 14 is confusion in the churches over spiritual gifts and its use and purpose. something you have been led astray over.

Here is a link to a study on tongues done in context and for today The Three Types of Tongues in the New Testament

Disobedience to the word of God as a believer is very important as it in the long run will lead you to grieve and quench the Holy Ghost in your life.
edit on 1-4-2017 by ChesterJohn because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 1 2017 @ 07:39 AM
link   

And if you grieve the Holy Ghost and still have these experiences it is not the Holy Ghost at all but a deceiving spirit. God has done it in the past to send a deceiving spirit among his people Israel in the past and he can do it to his people today.

you will notice that prophecy is not just speaking of future events or being a Christian type psychic.

But speaking forth the word of God as I have in my previous post that is my gift from God to you. It is done so you and others can receive true edification of the word of God and grow in the grace and knowledge of God and our Saviour Jesus Christ.

edit on 1-4-2017 by ChesterJohn because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 3 2017 @ 05:18 PM
link   
Talking about songs for worship, I recently mentioned this on another thread:

Psalm

A song of praise to God. Psalms were set to music and sung by worshippers, including in public worship of Jehovah God at his temple in Jerusalem.—Lu 20:42; Ac 13:33; Jas 5:13.

The rest of that comment has some noteworthy information from the book of Psalms in the thread:
The secrets hidden inside the book of Psalms., page 4 (my comment)

Here's an educational song based on Psalm 139 (pardon all the + and * symbols, I'm being a bit lazy):
139 O Jehovah, you have searched through me, and you know me.+

2 You know when I sit down and when I rise up.+

You discern my thoughts from afar.+

3 You observe* me when I travel and when I lie down;

You are familiar with all my ways.+

4 There is not a word on my tongue,

But look! O Jehovah, you already know it well.+

5 Behind and before me, you surround me;

And you lay your hand upon me.

6 Such knowledge is beyond my comprehension.*

It is too high for me to reach.*+

7 Where can I escape from your spirit,

And where can I run away from your face?+

8 If I were to ascend to heaven, you would be there,

And if I were to make my bed in the Grave,* look! you would be there.+

9 If I would fly away with the wings of the dawn

To reside by the most remote sea,

10 Even there your hand would lead me

And your right hand would take hold of me.+

11 If I say: “Surely darkness will conceal me!”

Then the night around me would become light.

12 Even the darkness would not be too dark for you,

But night would be as bright as the day;+

Darkness is the same as light to you.+

13 For you produced my kidneys;

You kept me screened off* in my mother’s womb.+

14 I praise you because in an awe-inspiring way I am wonderfully made.+

Your works are wonderful,+

I know* this very well.

15 My bones were not hidden from you

When I was made in secret,

When I was woven in the depths of the earth.+

16 Your eyes even saw me as an embryo;

All its parts were written in your book

Regarding the days when they were formed,

Before any of them existed.

17 So to me, how precious your thoughts are!+

O God, how vast is the sum of them!+

18 If I try to count them, they outnumber the grains of sand.+

When I awake, I am still with you.*+

19 O God, if only you would slay the wicked!+

Then the violent* men would depart from me,

20 Those who say things against you with evil intent;*

They are your adversaries who take up your name in a worthless way.+

21 Do I not hate those who hate you, O Jehovah,+

And loathe those who revolt against you?+

22 I have nothing but hatred for them;+

They have become real enemies to me.

23 Search through me, O God, and know my heart.+

Examine me, and know my anxious* thoughts.+

24 See whether there is in me any harmful way,+

And lead me+ in the way of eternity.

edit on 3-4-2017 by whereislogic because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 6 2017 @ 02:53 AM
link   

Hi Chester

"I am sure you are all into the Laughing or holy ghost bartender extreme charismatic end. " Actually no I am not and you are putting labels and making presumptions that are incorrect. Have I laughed and cried when the presence of the Lord is so strong and tangible, yes I have but no I have not been involved in what you have described.

For me personally Chester, I question where your heart motivation is coming from. Is it stemming from the love of Christ and His word or your own personal pride and head knowledge?

posted on Apr, 6 2017 @ 02:54 AM
link   
a reply to: whereislogic

Thank you for sharing whereislogic

posted on Apr, 6 2017 @ 03:55 AM
link   
a reply to: namelesss

Greetings Nameless

The Holy Spirit is a person, He is not a power like "the force be with you" from the Star Wars movies.
The Holy Spirit is part of the trinity of the Christian faith, Father, son and Holy Spirit and He gives spiritual gifts to those who are believers .

When Christians talk about being in the spirit, they are referring to their relationship with the Holy Spirit. We are called to walk with the Holy Spirit in a relationship. He is known as our wise Councillor, friend, advocate, He always points us to the Lord Jesus Christ and Jesus in turn points us to God the Father, the Holy Spirit convicts us of sin, brings Scripture to our remembrance when needed in given situations, He gives instructions to help us along our Christian walk.

I suggest if you wish to understand who the Holy Spirit is, that you get hold of a Bible and read the book of Acts.

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join