It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Harvard Scientists REVERSE Aging In Mice. People Next...

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 27 2017 @ 08:01 AM
link   
If I had a few hours I'd do a thread on all the edgier crap in longevity research like this stuff. NAD+ is a part of a huge picture, but it's a fairly dramatic one. Parabiosis is another.

posted on Mar, 27 2017 @ 08:31 AM
link   
Haha. And mr rockefeller died. Hahahhahahajha

posted on Mar, 27 2017 @ 08:56 AM
link   

originally posted by: mOjOm
a reply to: Phage

We breed faster than we die off though.

They'd have to sterilize us first then let us die naturally.

Actually..we could use humans as a meat source. That would curb the breeding rate,and make money for people who want to breed large livestock/famailies. A every year a lottery of women between 18-40 are chosen. a week before they are to appear to be humanely euthanized they get to do anything(lawfully) that they want free of charge. then afterwards they report to processing and are turned into meat. Head and spine are useless so those are plastisized and displayed in a place of honor for their sacrifice to society.

(lol mebe i should ask Dolcett to co wrote a movie for youtube red) The above it a joke btw,but it IS a option.

posted on Mar, 27 2017 @ 09:25 AM
link   
Maybe an ancient advanced civilization already had this tech , and its where the legend of the Holy Grail started.

Doesnt sound so far fetched to me.

posted on Mar, 27 2017 @ 09:32 AM
link   
a reply to: mOjOm

Key bit here: "NASA is collaborating with Sinclair’s group on the human tests to see if it’s possible to insulate astronauts from the effects of cosmic radiation in space."

That should push things along. One hopes.

...Looked for refs in your article to teleomeres, but none found. Seems I read something about it elsewhere but do not recall the details ....

posted on Mar, 27 2017 @ 11:01 AM
link   

originally posted by: soficrow

That should push things along. One hopes.

You think They will let the little people have access / be able to afford this kind of stuff?

Not me. Not the data.

We're very close now to them imploding the global economy so that the masses cant live forever; that is, to them being at the point of progress that 'its as good a time as any' to do so along the lines as I was warning back circa 2010. Just the medical breakthru's posted in here the past 2 weeks alone spell this out.

They don't have to wipe out 80% of the human population (i.e. Georgia Guidestones) to keep 'things' in check, they merely have to plunder the wealth of 90% of it.

2008 was just a test run.

www.usdebtclock.org...
edit on 27-3-2017 by IgnoranceIsntBlisss because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 27 2017 @ 11:39 AM
link   

originally posted by: IgnoranceIsntBlisss
You think They will let the little people have access / be able to afford this kind of stuff?

Maybe! I mean, once the cat is out of the bag, I'm sure it will be reverse engineered and reproduced around the world. Can't afford the American version? Just get some shipped directly from China. No comment on the population stuff... But it would create impetuous for the colonization of space. If we get our act together today, Mars could be terraformed on the scale of hundreds of years. Then you've got a whole new form of entertainment... Professional basketball at 1/3rd Earth gravity.

posted on Mar, 27 2017 @ 12:16 PM
link   
a reply to: DrWily

You missed all the stuff about Them completely devastating the global economy to keep everyone from living forever.

Economic World War: Technocratic Plutocrat Elites vs. The People

It's really quite simple: EVERYONE CANT LIVE 'FOREVER'! Not while still reproducing. It isn't possible from an environmental standpoint, alone.

posted on Mar, 27 2017 @ 01:18 PM
link   
a reply to: IgnoranceIsntBlisss

No I get it, I just didn't feel like commenting on it at the time. Assuming people quit aging and procreation continued as normal with a birth rate of 18 per 1,000 people... You would see a explosion of population that would go a little something like this:

Year 01: 7,000,000,000 people.
Year 02: 7,126,000,000 people.
Year 03: 7,254,268,000 people.
Year 04: 7,384,844,824 people.
Year 05: 7,517,772,030 people.
Year 06: 7,653,091,926 people.
Year 07: 7,790,847,580 people.
Year 08: 7,931,083,836 people.
Year 09: 8,073,843,327 people.
Year 10: 8,219,172,506 people.
Year 11: 8,367,117,611 people.
Year 12: 8,517,725,728 people.
Year 13: 8,671,044,791 people.
Year 14: 8,827,123,597 people.
Year 15: 8,986,011,821 people.
Year 16: 9,147,760,033 people.
Year 17: 9,312,419,713 people.
Year 18: 9,480,043,267 people.
Year 19: 9,650,684,045 people.
Year 20: 9,824,396,357 people.
Year 21: 10,001,235,491 people.

I would continue, but you get the idea. In 40 years or so you would essentially double the world's population.
edit on 27-3-2017 by DrWily because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 27 2017 @ 05:57 PM
link   

Thats alot of pork to cook. lol.

posted on Mar, 27 2017 @ 08:00 PM
link   

originally posted by: DrWily
In 40 years or so you would essentially double the world's population.

At a cost of maybe $10k per year, it's going to be out of the reach of any but more affluent first worlders. But even then, it's not an immortality drug. It works great for improving insulin resistance, making your skin look better, improving endurance, reducing cancer and the like. It's a nice chunk of living a long time, but it's not an eternity pill. It might buy you a bit more active "golden age".

IIRC, even if I could gift you with a pill for immortality, you will still die at a mean age of about 400 years old from accident or illness - the world will catch up to you at some point.

posted on Mar, 27 2017 @ 08:32 PM
link   

originally posted by: Bedlam
At a cost of maybe $10k per year, it's going to be out of the reach of any but more affluent first worlders. But even then, it's not an immortality drug. It works great for improving insulin resistance, making your skin look better, improving endurance, reducing cancer and the like. It's a nice chunk of living a long time, but it's not an eternity pill. It might buy you a bit more active "golden age".

IIRC, even if I could gift you with a pill for immortality, you will still die at a mean age of about 400 years old from accident or illness - the world will catch up to you at some point.

Quite right, that was just an illustration. In reality the cost will almost certainly restrict it's use to the middle and upper classes of first world countries, resulting in a more gradual population increase. And yes, eventually people will start dying again... I was going to say 200 years, but lets go with your 400 years. After 400 years, the population increase would level itself out and the system would stabilize.

posted on Mar, 27 2017 @ 09:28 PM
link   
a reply to: Bedlam

Actually your brain would be full of information and you would die of over storage, Information leakage is deadly.

posted on Mar, 28 2017 @ 12:44 AM
link   
about 5 years ago I realized that if I live long enough, i have a chance to live forever. Or long enough to seem to be forever. So i dropped some weight and have stopped smoking. Maybe I can push a few more years out than i'd planned.

posted on Mar, 28 2017 @ 02:08 AM
link   
a reply to: bigfatfurrytexan

If you can hold out long enough you might be able to just upload your mind into a computer. Then into a cloned body or cyborg type physical body and continue on that way also.

After all, if you're going to live hundreds of years, why do it as a limited human being. Why not have a few different "outfits" to wear depending upon the occasion. Maybe one for land and sea and another for air and space travel??? Maybe a few specialized ones for other things too.

Then when you want to go back to being godlike just stay in virtual space without any physical body at all.

We're getting closer to it all the time. Just need to wait long enough and still be here when it happens.

posted on Mar, 28 2017 @ 03:27 AM
link   

They are trying to figure out how humans will be capable of surviving space travel to previously terraformed planets. The Surveillance State will choose who is selected to live on other worlds, and their roles. All this will be done in an attempt to ensure humanity's survival. Wealthy elitists will not be the only ones chosen. Entire new start societies will be chosen.

That's one of the best case scenarios, if we can accomplish it before our planet kills off 90% or more of us, or we kill off most of us in a massive war.

posted on Mar, 28 2017 @ 04:21 AM
link   
a reply to: Boscov

I kinda think if we're dumb enough to screw this planet up and continue to kill each other and everything else too. We probably shouldn't be spreading that around the universe.

Maybe we should just admit that we are an evolutionary failure and deal with it.

Nature will try again with something else and maybe they will work out. Like dolphins or cuddle fish or octopi or something.

posted on Mar, 28 2017 @ 06:42 AM
link   

Nature will try again with something else and maybe they will work out. Like dolphins or cuddle fish or octopi or something.

The "cuddle fish" . . .

Let's go with them.

Note: my addition of bold to quote.

posted on Mar, 28 2017 @ 07:36 AM
link   

originally posted by: DrWily

originally posted by: mOjOm

Oh no. You mean the people of Walmart have access to this already!!!

We're doomed....

Maybe those are Harvard's test subjects!

On a more serious note, this would be a total game changer if it turns out to be real. If you thought overpopulation was a problem before, wait until they release this stuff...

I actually believe this needs to be made available to all as long as the people follow a 1 child policy.

posted on Mar, 28 2017 @ 07:42 AM
link   

a reply to: Leonidas

You dont want to be a lab rat in the mad science laboratories.

My wife works in research and believe Me her chimps are well taken care of. I don't like the idea of animal research because to me its kind of like slavery but it's a necessary evil that serves Man and animal alike.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5 >>

join