It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Female athletes crushed by 'women who were once men'

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 26 2017 @ 09:51 PM
link   
If someone identifies as a woman, it violates their human rights not to let them participate in women's sports. For those who don't like it, too bad, welcome to 2017.

posted on Mar, 26 2017 @ 09:53 PM
link   

originally posted by: ElGoobero
goes back to, I think the name was Renee Richards? male doctor went female, immediately became a major tennis player
IIRC

not holding my breath to see a story on this in the major media

only a matter of time before some poor girl gets serious hurt and then maybe they'll pay attention.

Or all the real girls who want to actually compete start juicing in order to even try to measure up. So all female athletes suddenly look like the old Soviet Bloc ladies who used to come to the Olympics.

posted on Mar, 26 2017 @ 09:55 PM
link   
Now, if we want to have a discussion of how to develop objective standards to insure that trans* athletes don't have an unfair advantage over other competitors, that's great.

We can start here:

IOC Transgender Guidelines (downloads a PDF to your browswer)

2. Those who transition from male to female are eligible to compete in the female category under the following conditions:

2.1. The athlete has declared that her gender identity is female. The declaration cannot be changed, for sporting purposes, for a minimum of four years.

2.2. The athlete must demonstrate that her total testosterone level in serum has been below 10 nmol/L for at least 12 months prior to her first competition (with the requirement for any longer period to be based on a confidential case-by-case evaluation, considering whether or not 12 months is a sufficient length of time to minimize any advantage in women’s competition).

2.3. The athlete's total testosterone level in serum must remain below 10 nmol/L throughout the period of desired eligibility to compete in the female category.

2.4. Compliance with these conditions may be monitored by testing. In the event of non-compliance, the athlete’s eligibility for female competition will be suspended for 12 months.

posted on Mar, 26 2017 @ 09:56 PM
link   

originally posted by: vonclod
I'm pretty good with equality ..not in sporting though..you play on the team with the same junk you were born with.

Let them go to the event, but they only get participation trophies.

posted on Mar, 26 2017 @ 09:56 PM
link   
The female transgender in wrestling was getting testosterone. Had she completed his/her transition?

My question in all this is did the male to female transgenders have treatment to diminish their testosterone?

posted on Mar, 26 2017 @ 09:59 PM
link   

originally posted by: liveandlearn
The female transgender in wrestling was getting testosterone. Had she completed his/her transition?

My question in all this is did the male to female transgenders have treatment to diminish their testosterone?

Take a look above at the IOC requirements.

posted on Mar, 26 2017 @ 10:00 PM
link   
a reply to: Gryphon66

If this has nothing to do with the success of the men to women trans, why oh why have we heard no women to men success in dominating a men's sport?

posted on Mar, 26 2017 @ 10:01 PM
link   

Heck to the no. Gender is a social construct.

Sciency chemical concentrations are irrelevant. IT's about how I feel.

posted on Mar, 26 2017 @ 10:05 PM
link   

Only got a black bland page.

posted on Mar, 26 2017 @ 10:12 PM
link   

posted on Mar, 26 2017 @ 10:13 PM
link   

originally posted by: jellyrev

Heck to the no. Gender is a social construct.

Sciency chemical concentrations are irrelevant. IT's about how I feel.

Yeah, and at least a year of hormonal therapy, and sex appropriate hormone levels.

posted on Mar, 26 2017 @ 10:14 PM
link   

originally posted by: seasonal

If this has nothing to do with the success of the men to women trans, why oh why have we heard no women to men success in dominating a men's sport?

Ask the International Olympic Committee.

posted on Mar, 26 2017 @ 10:14 PM
link   
Double
edit on 26-3-2017 by Gryphon66 because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 26 2017 @ 10:46 PM
link   

non answer

posted on Mar, 27 2017 @ 04:29 AM
link   
a reply to: seasonal

In less than a week, you've started this thread and three others basically about transgender people and the issues surrounding them.

Associated Press issues new guidance on gender: avoid referring to ‘both’ or ‘either’ sexes

1st (taxpayer-funded ) sex reassignment inmate says women's prison is 'torture'

Transgender weightlifter sparks criticism after competition Win/Every right to compete with women

Do you have a problem or are you just whoring for stars and flags from those that share your outrage and confusion?

I would have hoped at least by now you'd have learned trans boys/men were born female bodied and trans girls/women were born male bodied. These are basics for even this discussing this subject you don't get right. This indicates to me that you aren't even making a minuscule effort to understand anything about this in spite of actual transgender and transsexual people participating in your threads and trying to expand your knowledge beyond vacuous clickbait titles you've mirrored off the Drudge Report. You do know Matt Drudge is gay, right? (allegedly)

I've previously stated my feelings on trans athletes which aren't exactly PC or aligned with the broader "transgender movement" and I even think the IOC guidelines based on testosterone levels alone don't necessarily guarantee a level playing field. While it is true that anti-androgens such as Spironolactone can reduce testosterone levels to be at or below that of natal females and that doing so will reduce muscle mass and strength, it really takes the addition of estrogen to feminize the body and they don't mention that at all although I can't imagine why someone transgender would take Spiro and not be on estrogen as part of their transition? You do know also that a transgender person must remain on their hormone therapy for life, right?

Wisely though, the IOC's guidelines do say they'll make a case-by-case evaluation. Consider also that not all MTF trans people start out as the incredible hulk as you seem to imagine. I know of several that are 5' 3" and 105 lbs soaking wet. Another thing to keep in mind as well that many trans people in their early to mid-20's may have been on puberty blockers or started estrogen young and never developed secondary male characteristics in the first place so your whole premise of how outrageous this is is based on nothing but stereotypes and generalizations. It's pretty sad actually.

So, Homer, you've made it perfectly clear how bothered you are by all things trans but yet it seems you fail to make any effort at all to understand these things other than to create threads and rally others that share your confusion or distaste and then bail out when those that are more informed or disagree with you call you on your ignorance. Maybe it's worth taking a look in the mirror why this whole thing bothers you so much and what your motivation for posting all these threads are if not to foster more of your the-sky-is-falling hyperbole about transgender folk.

To me, your intentions are pretty obvious. Perhaps you can just save us all the time and multiple threads and just come out and say you think trans people shouldn't be allowed to exist in society and how much you hate it that they are. I would actually respect that more than your pussyfooting around and rabblerousing.

posted on Mar, 27 2017 @ 04:45 AM
link   
a reply to: Freija

So, Homer, you've made it perfectly clear how bothered you are by all things trans but yet it seems you fail to make any effort at all to understand these things other than to create threads and rally others that share your confusion or distaste and then bail out

maybe its his Seasonal Affective Disorder?

posted on Mar, 27 2017 @ 04:59 AM
link   

originally posted by: Gryphon66

originally posted by: seasonal
a reply to: ElGoobero

Agreed, this goes against the liberal media's fair to everyone.

What is laughable is the fact that men say I am trans and boom play with the women. Fair to everyone but all the women who were the protected class up til now I guess. Now we move to the trans being given special treatment in place of women.

Provide evidence of any transwoman or transgirl that just decides one day to transition and the next day get on a girls team.

If not, your example is at best misguided.

Also the concept of equality is not from the liberal media, but the Constitution of the United States.

Hmmm.
So if a woman hits a man he can hit her back>?
Seems fair and equal, especially in these times.

Here's what a female MMA fighter says about getting knocked out by a transfighter: "I've never felt so overpowered in my life."
edit on fMondayAmerica/Chicago1805699 by Flesh699 because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 27 2017 @ 05:41 AM
link   
hormones are temporary. bone/muscle/mass takes years to develop.

if thirty-year-old male 'Griff' decides to become 'Griffene' he/she/it can do hormones or whatever for a few years but that won't undo the thirty years of bone/muscle/mass already there.

wouldn't be fair for a twenty-year old to play football in junior high would it?

that's why we have so few co-ed sports.

posted on Mar, 27 2017 @ 08:14 AM
link   
a reply to: Freija

I am not bothered by trans in the least bit. The stories come up and I make a thread. I do threads on what interests me, not by what does or doesn't make people uncomfortable.

Why do you resort to calling names like whore? (I stopped reading after the name calling, literally)

Please don't respond if you can't be civil.

I think it is funny that the libs are trapped between granting women or trans special treatment.

posted on Mar, 27 2017 @ 08:27 AM
link   
I think it's sexist to even have men's sports and women's sports.

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join