It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Female athletes crushed by 'women who were once men'

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 26 2017 @ 09:13 PM
link   

originally posted by: Hazardous1408

originally posted by: seasonal
a reply to: hutch622

I think the point of the article was even if an outtie is turned into an innie, the bones and muscles remain the same.

Erm, I'm a 5'8 male...

My bones are not that large in comparison to many women...

You bring no scientific fact to these discussions.

There's more to the discussion than just manlets.

posted on Mar, 26 2017 @ 09:16 PM
link   

a reply to: Gryphon66

The constitution says nothing of trans men playing with women.

Time has no baring on this.

Do you disagree that a man could say I am transitioning and want to play women's softball?

The Constitution talks about equality and equal treatment before the laws.

You may want to read Amendments V and XIV for starters.

How absurd! "Time has no bearing on this" ??? of course it does.

You seem to have zero knowledge and zero interest in learning anything about this subject you post and abandon threads so much on.

Transitioning doesn't happen in a day or a year. Your example is utter BS.

Yes, I deny unequivocally that a transwoman or transgirl decides they are transitioning and immediately get on the appropriate athletic team, just like the stupid argument that all a man would have to do to get into the ladies lockerroom would be to say "I'm a woman."

The level of BS here is astounding.
edit on 26-3-2017 by Gryphon66 because: Spelling

posted on Mar, 26 2017 @ 09:17 PM
link   
a reply to: RedDragon

Yeah, and there's also more to the discussion than male genitalia making you a man.

In more ways than one.

posted on Mar, 26 2017 @ 09:17 PM
link   
a reply to: Neith

I guess it will boil down to who gets the fairness wink from the libs, the trans or women. Gosh they have painted themselves into a corner.

posted on Mar, 26 2017 @ 09:19 PM
link   
a reply to: seasonal

There are times while watching the insanity of the world via the web, that I'd like to paint myself into a corner.

posted on Mar, 26 2017 @ 09:19 PM
link   
How many trans from a women to a man are dominating mens sports?

originally posted by: Hazardous1408

a reply to: hutch622

I think the point of the article was even if an outtie is turned into an innie, the bones and muscles remain the same.

Erm, I'm a 5'8 male...

My bones are not that large in comparison to many women...

You bring no scientific fact to these discussions.

posted on Mar, 26 2017 @ 09:20 PM
link   

How man women to men trans are dominating men's sports?
edit on 26-3-2017 by seasonal because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 26 2017 @ 09:20 PM
link   
The World Net Daily article doesn't address a single element of transwomen or transgirls in sport.

All it does is compare mature male athletic ability with female athletic ability.

Unsurprisingly, it's a BS article fronting a BS thread.

posted on Mar, 26 2017 @ 09:21 PM
link   

Read the title.

posted on Mar, 26 2017 @ 09:22 PM
link   

How man women to men trans are dominating men's sports?

It's your article and thread, why don't you make your own arguments.

As it is, you've done nothing but poke at a "liberal" "libs" strawman and make general and uninformed statements.

And all your article does is compare AVERAGES for mature men and mature women's performance in sport.

posted on Mar, 26 2017 @ 09:23 PM
link   

Read the title.

Done.

What's your point?

link   

Although one must remember the Viking Women could take on just about any man ''back then anyways''. You see, these days people don't know how to fight, nor defend themselves. Our lives are much different now than they were a thousand years ago, everything is easy now. We don't have kill our food or clothing if we don't want to, and pink was a boys colour in the UK while blue was a girls colour there, and now it's changed again. Everything is always changing. Sometimes for the better, sometimes, not so much.

It's all very relative when you really look at it from that perspective.

link   

a reply to: FlukeSkywalker

I'm not sure if that name would apply in this case. I would more think trans phobic would be more fitting of a knee jerk reactionary name call.

That's just my thoughts.

Well someone on hormones for a while loses strength and muscle mass(mostly) so its just people whining about they did not win.

posted on Mar, 26 2017 @ 09:24 PM
link   
I've seen examples of this. There was a lawyer from my home town, he was local tennis champion. After transitioning to a female, he continued his saga of domination in women's tournaments. Pretty funny actually.

posted on Mar, 26 2017 @ 09:28 PM
link   

So the movement of equality is now turned into a paradox

When was equality ever about being equal? Hmmm

posted on Mar, 26 2017 @ 09:33 PM
link   

posted on Mar, 26 2017 @ 09:34 PM
link   
Here's a few facts that your WND article leaves out ...

Regarding Laurel Hubbard, who won the Austrailian Internatonal Weighlifting Competition ... here are some facts rather than hype.

Laurel Hubbard made history this weekend by becoming the first transgender female to win an international weightlifting title for New Zealand. But her victory in the over-90-kilogram division, in which she lifted a combined total of 268 kilograms (roughly 590 pounds) to best silver medalist Iuniarra Sipaia of Samoa by 19 kilograms (roughly 42 pounds), was not without controversy. Despite a year’s worth of blood tests showing Hubbard had no more testosterone running through her veins than any of the other female weightlifters competing in the Australian International this weekend, some of those Hubbard beat questioned the fairness of the competition.

According to the IOC, Hubbard, who previously competed as a man, is a woman. Under guidelines recommended in November 2015, the IOC no longer requires transgender women to undergo surgery then wait two years. Now, a transgender woman need only to wait 12 months after starting hormone replacement therapy and demonstrate that her testosterone levels are within acceptable limits.

Hubbard, 39, began her transition in her mid-30s, according to the New Zealand Herald.

So, given facts instead of fable ...

No trans* athlete decides one day to transition and start on the women's team the next day.

Lauren's testosterone levels are the same as the other competitors. She has been transitioning for 4-5 years.

The IOC has established these standards worldwide.
edit on 26-3-2017 by Gryphon66 because: Noted

posted on Mar, 26 2017 @ 09:35 PM
link   
Equality has never meant (and indeed couldn't) mean all the same.

That's merely another right-wing boondoggle argument.

posted on Mar, 26 2017 @ 09:35 PM
link   

Totally and completely for trans joining women.

Once there sports are dominated by trans more women may wake up.

posted on Mar, 26 2017 @ 09:49 PM
link   

Well actually all men were women at one time in their development from a egg to a baby.

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join