It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

new ghost in the shell....3-31-17

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Mar, 26 2017 @ 08:40 AM
link   
im not a manga fan at all. i just dont like the animation. its a bummer cause they do seem pretty cool but i cant get past it.

anyway i have known about ghost in the shell since the 90's but never watched it cause the animation.

just watched the trailer for the new movie and it looks awesome.....i can already tell this is going to be my #.

here is what imdb says about it

In the near future, Major (Scarlett Johansson) is the first of her kind: A human saved from a terrible crash, who is cyber-enhanced to be a perfect soldier devoted to stopping the world's most dangerous criminals. When terrorism reaches a new level that includes the ability to hack into people's minds and control them, Major is uniquely qualified to stop it. As she prepares to face a new enemy, Major discovers that she has been lied to: her life was not saved, it was stolen. She will stop at nothing to recover her past, find out who did this to her and stop them before they do it to others. Based on the internationally acclaimed Japanese Manga, "The Ghost in the Shell."

but i still dont fully get it

can major move in between the real world and computer programs? it kind of looks like that in the trailer

edit on 3.26.2017 by Kandinsky because: fixed typo

posted on Mar, 26 2017 @ 11:05 AM
link   
That's the first time I've read the plot summary for this movie. If that's the angle they're taking, then they're going to ruin what would be an otherwise awesome movie. I've watched Ghost in the Shell several times over and the crash they're speaking of was covered in the anime. Thoroughly. Leave it to Hollywood to change something that doesn't need to be changed for a plot that's been done time and time again.

As for your question. Kind of. To me it's kind of like having the web integrated into your brain. So think of google glasses or something being integrated with your eyes. It's all rather seamless control. And in the anime, the major was capable of hacking into others minds and controlling them or using their vision to scout a room, etc.
edit on 3/26/2017 by EternalSolace because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 26 2017 @ 11:34 AM
link   
I've only seen a bit of the cartoon and never really took the time to get into it.

Makes me wonder why they didn't cast an Asian actor for the lead role though. I guess they wanted an established woman but maybe they missed a chance.

posted on Mar, 26 2017 @ 11:47 AM
link   

originally posted by: Bluntone22
I've only seen a bit of the cartoon and never really took the time to get into it.

Makes me wonder why they didn't cast an Asian actor for the lead role though. I guess they wanted an established woman but maybe they missed a chance.

They simply wanted butts in the seat, thats all.
No A list asian women at the moment, and everyone loves Scar...so...sure, some people will get angry and yell whitewashing, but most wont care. normies dont follow such stuff.

It does highlight how we could use a few more asian women in big roles though. Lucy Liu isn't able to play those 20 year old roles anymore.

posted on Mar, 26 2017 @ 12:56 PM
link   
a reply to: SaturnFX

they could have got awkwafina....
she is about to be in the new oceans movie....
she is awesome

www.imdb.com...

or they could have went all out and got chiaki kuriyama

www.imdb.com...

posted on Mar, 26 2017 @ 04:09 PM
link   

originally posted by: TinySickTears
a reply to: SaturnFX

they could have got awkwafina....
she is about to be in the new oceans movie....
she is awesome

www.imdb.com...

or they could have went all out and got chiaki kuriyama

www.imdb.com...

Neither having close star power as Scar sadly. I personally would have loved Chiaki, but most wouldn't know her from anyone else.
End of the day, a studio is simply wanting to maximize profits and Scar gets seats sold out. Thats the only consideration they will ever do.
edit on 26-3-2017 by SaturnFX because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 26 2017 @ 04:36 PM
link   
Trailer where she dives on the net.

posted on Mar, 27 2017 @ 04:04 AM
link   
hmm that plot description sounds like it might be an ok movie, but it's not going to be like the original GITS where I watched it 4 times and everytime got something new out of it. The original anime explores the whole concept of where does humanity start and machinery begin? What makes you human? If you replace your entire body to the extent where you're a human brain inside a machine, are you still human? Are you still you? What if you enhanced your brain with technology to get the maximum benefit from your completely robotic body? What if you're able to hack peoples minds? Or transfer your own mind to the internet, or into another machine or an existing host (possibly destroying the current inhabitant of the host), would you still have a soul? Are you still you or are you an inferior copy of the original you?

posted on Apr, 2 2017 @ 10:08 AM
link   

edit on 2-4-2017 by ConscienceZombie because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 14 2017 @ 11:31 AM
link   
The animation looks better than the movie.

Especially the full CG movie versions.

The live action looks stupid and too cartoony IMO.

posted on Apr, 14 2017 @ 11:35 AM
link   
a reply to: TinySickTears

I heard it kinda sucked.

posted on Apr, 14 2017 @ 12:41 PM
link   

originally posted by: Lysergic
a reply to: TinySickTears

I heard it kinda sucked.

me too but all the people i talked to were big fans of the anime and kind of picked it apart. ive never seen the anime so nothing to compare it to.
im still stoked about it.
has that johnny mnemonic vibe to it

posted on Apr, 15 2017 @ 10:22 AM
link   
Its getting some pretty bad ratings. Rotten tomatoes gives it a 43 out of 100 or something

posted on Apr, 16 2017 @ 06:26 AM
link   
Watched it last night, visually it's awesome and they recreated the look of the world very well but it lacked a lot of the substance and depth of the original, although considering some of the mindless crap Hollywood churns out it still had more than most films. If you view it as it's own movie then it was decent, I liked it anyway for what it was.

posted on Apr, 16 2017 @ 07:38 AM
link   
a reply to: MagnaCarta2015

Are thete tachikomas in it?

posted on Apr, 16 2017 @ 08:05 AM
link   
a reply to: BASSPLYR

There's an action scene with one near the end yeah.
Kind of anyway, it's not autonomous...just basically a tank being remotely controlled by the bad guy.
edit on 16-4-2017 by MagnaCarta2015 because: additional info

new topics

top topics

join