It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Declaration of Psalm 139

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Mar, 26 2017 @ 07:44 AM
link   
While driving home one morning, I felt impressed by the Lord to read Psalm 139 and create a declaration from it.

I feel this is for those of you who are struggling with negative thoughts about yourself.

There are days you just feel bombarded by them and it just saps the energy and life out of you. Be encouraged, God the Father is with you! Stand and start taking ground today with this prayer declaration. Speak it out aloud to yourself, adjust the words to make it your own and exercise your right as a believer to fight.

For we do not wrestle against flesh and blood, but against principalities, against powers, against the rulers of the darkness of this age, against spiritual hosts of wickedness in the heavenly places. Eph 6:12

Casting down arguments and every high thing that exalts itself against the knowledge of God, bringing every thought into captivity to the obedience of Christ. 2 Corinth 10:5

Father I thank you that you know me.
I thank you that you understand me and that your protection covers me and is built around my world.
I declare that I am fearfully and wonderfully made and that before I was ever born you knew me.
You heavenly Father was there from my conception and you followed my development through to birth.

Therefore it does not matter where I come from, or the circumstances of my birth good or bad, or the socio class I was born in.
Therefore I am not a mistake
I am not a failure
I am not an accident
I am not going to stay in the pit of despair and neither am I going to stagnate or go backwards

I declare that I am fearfully and wonderfully made in the image of God
I reflect His character and likeness in my life;
Therefore I will display His loving kindness
I will display His patience
I will display His forgiveness
I will display His goodness with my neighbors around me, my family and to the stranger

You paid a high price for my life, therefore I am of high value and worth and your favour rests on me

Devil you are a liar and the truth is not in you. Jesus Christ defeated you and in Jesus name he has put you under my feet. You have no authority in my life. I pull down every negative word you have said against me through others and the random negative thoughts you try to seed my mind with.
I declare the blood of Jesus has destroyed the bondage of your words and broken every curse spoken against me.

And I will think good thoughts
I choose today to think on what is good
I choose today to think on what is holy
I choose today to think on what is encouraging
I choose today to think on what is joyful

Thank you Lord for today and who I am in Jesus name Amen.

posted on Mar, 26 2017 @ 08:20 AM
link   
a reply to: Sharparrow

Hmmm, your version is a bit politically correct to be honest:

Today I bought a t shirt from Israel, dyed in the soil of Jerusalem. Today I thought about how much I hate having to support military activity and yet it is so necessary because the enemy is at the door and is wanting to break in on all sides as you know. Today I mused upon my bondage, how I want to be free to "dance beneath the diamond sky with one hand waving free" yet the hand that I do have free is having to be used to point fingers at evil and injustice when it would much rather caress beauty. Today I had to call a spade a spade and tell someone how cruel they are, that they need a good kick up the ass and that they are not typical of the spirit of their people.

Yes, thanks for the heads up on Psalm 139, but I will have to quote where you didn't, from the source you never actually referenced. I will do that for you:

Psalm 139 (NIV)

For the director of music. Of David. A psalm. 1 You have searched me, LORD, and you know me. 2 You know when I sit and when I rise; you perceive my thoughts from afar. 3 You discern my going out and my lying down; you are familiar with all my ways. 4 Before a word is on my tongue you, LORD, know it completely. 5 You hem me in behind and before, and you lay your hand upon me. 6 Such knowledge is too wonderful for me, too lofty for me to attain. 7 Where can I go from your Spirit? Where can I flee from your presence? 8 If I go up to the heavens, you are there; if I make my bed in the depths, you are there. 9 If I rise on the wings of the dawn, if I settle on the far side of the sea, 10 even there your hand will guide me, your right hand will hold me fast. 11 If I say, “Surely the darkness will hide me and the light become night around me,” 12 even the darkness will not be dark to you; the night will shine like the day, for darkness is as light to you. 13 For you created my inmost being; you knit me together in my mother’s womb. 14 I praise you because I am fearfully and wonderfully made; your works are wonderful, I know that full well. 15 My frame was not hidden from you when I was made in the secret place, when I was woven together in the depths of the earth. 16 Your eyes saw my unformed body; all the days ordained for me were written in your book before one of them came to be. 17 How precious to me are your thoughts, God! How vast is the sum of them! 18 Were I to count them, they would outnumber the grains of sand— when I awake, I am still with you.

Paying particular attention to this end bit right now:

19 If only you, God, would slay the wicked! Away from me, you who are bloodthirsty! 20 They speak of you with evil intent; your adversaries misuse your name. 21 Do I not hate those who hate you, LORD, and abhor those who are in rebellion against you? 22 I have nothing but hatred for them; I count them my enemies. 23 Search me, God, and know my heart; test me and know my anxious thoughts. 24 See if there is any offensive way in me, and lead me in the way everlasting.

Remember, David was a powerful warrior as well as a songwriter and singer. That is how he made his reputation in the classic world, by the might of his hand in combat. Sometimes in life, when we have an enemy, be it physical or ideological, we have to put some armour on and FIGHT for our freedom, with words and sometimes with much more physical force, too.

I will be asking God's guidance more how to justly deal with a barbaric and ruthless enemy.

edit on 26-3-2017 by Revolution9 because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 26 2017 @ 09:13 AM
link   
a reply to: Revolution9

What sort of physical force, that sounds a little strange

posted on Mar, 26 2017 @ 11:55 PM
link   
a reply to: Revolution9

Hi Revolution

It sounds like you need to take hold of Psalm 91 and to declare it over your life and situation. May the Lord be with you in your battles and may He direct your path ahead.

posted on Mar, 27 2017 @ 01:30 AM
link   

originally posted by: Revolution9
I will be asking God's guidance more how to justly deal with a barbaric and ruthless enemy.

If you are a Xtian, the answer/guidance is to Love them, unconditionally!
In the 'eye' of Love, there cannot be 'enemies', only the Beloved!
In the unconditional Love of God, we do not vainly judge others (barbaric and ruthless, good and evil) ...
We are to Love them!
THAT is how Jesus said that he recognizes his followers, by their unconditional Love (are We One)!

edit on 27-3-2017 by namelesss because: (no reason given)

top topics

join